Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 8:52 PM
Default Are You the One? Challenge
This challenge is inspired by MTV's Are You the One and adapted for Sims 4 gameplay. The premise of the TV show is that 10 male and 10 female singles are placed into a home to find their perfect match within 10 weeks. If they find all 10 perfect matches, they win $1,000,000. (see wiki i for more info)

Goal:
Have all males and females pair up (boyfriend and girlfriend) over 20 days (in Sim time). The challenge is successful if all 4 pairs can successfully become boyfriend and girlfriend (a perfect match). The challenge is unsuccessful if 4 pairs are not created over 4 “weeks” OR the last remaining male and female have a negative relationship (because it means their perfect match was someone else).

Setup:
Create 4 young adult females and 4 young adult males and randomize their traits and aspirations. (I like to use Create a Random Sim to help me randomize but feel free to use whatever system you want.)

Note: You could potentially do a same sex/bisexual version of this challenge with any combination of 8 males or 8 females but I have not played through those variations. I think these rules should still apply to whatever variation you choose.
Find or create a luxury house but make sure not to include any electronics – the Sims will still have their cell phones (unfortunately). (Gameplay note – I left one computer in the household but left it behind a locked door in case Sims got sick to order medicine or to add more books to the library). Money is not a factor in this game so feel free to cheat for money as needed to get a great house. Since there are no electronics, make sure there is plenty of other stuff for your Sim to do.

In your home, place 8 single beds into one bedroom and remove all other beds except for 1 double bed. All housemates must share one large bedroom. In a separate bedroom, place 1 double bed. This room (aka the Boom Boom Room) will be the only bed that guests can spend the night with each other or woohoo. Do not let your housemates use this room for regular sleep – it’s strictly for couples’ time. I suggest keeping it locked until you have couples that are ready to woohoo.

Basic Rules:
1. No cheats other than for money.
2. No electronics (except for cell phones).
3. Sims cannot have a job.
4. Sims cannot travel off the lot unless required by a challenge or permitted to do so by winning a date.
5. Sims must not interact or have relationships with townies. (This can skew the game if they start to develop a higher romantic interest in a townie.)

Gameplay:
This challenge has been adapted to run across the 20 day Young Adult life stage played on a normal life span. Depending on how old your Sims are at the start of the challenge though, some of your Sims may age up to adult during the course of the challenge.

Free Will: You can leave free will on but it will make it more difficult to get the sims from doing what you want for a challenge, date, or matchup ceremony. Controlling 8 Sims can be challenging. My general rule of thumb was to turn OFF free will during a challenge, on a date or at a matchup ceremony when I needed them to complete specific actions. I left free will ON when the Sims were just at home – they spend a lot of time talking to each other when you take all the electronics out of the house.

The entire challenge is composed of four cycles that each last 5 days. Each cycle runs the same:
Day 1: Free Day
Day 2: Challenge Day - Sims compete to win a date and travel off the lot.
Day 3: Winner’s Date - the Sim who won the challenge can take the Sim with whom they have the highest relationship out on a date.
Day 4: Free Day
Day 5: Matchup Ceremony - Perfect matches move out of the house.
*IMPORTANT* It is really easy to lose track of cycles and days. Make sure you are keeping track of what day and what cycle you are in or else you mess up your timeline. I used an excel spread sheet to keep track of the cycle and the day and kept notes about important developments that happened on those days.

On the first day, make sure all Sims get introduced to each Sim of the opposite gender. Let the Sims act naturally and see what happens. Only act if a Sim has specific whims or needs that have to be fulfilled. For example, if Sim A gets the whim, “Get to Know Sim B,” you can select for Sim A complete the interaction to get to know Sim B. However, try not to force interactions if the Sims aren’t feeling it. The relationships should try to occur as naturally as possible.

Feel free to develop their skills and traits based on their whims. I find this helps develop each Sim’s individual personality a little better.

Challenge Day:

All unpaired Sims must participate in the Challenge Day Competition. These are mini challenges where the Sims compete individually to win dates that allow them to leave the lot with a Sim that they have the highest relationship with.

Competitors for the Challenge alternate between male and female each week. Hold the Challenge on the same day every week. Depending on the challenge, some of these could take a while so try to start the challenge earlier in the day rather than later.

These are some example challenges that I used in my game. Feel free to create your own challenges (and please share your challenges for others to try in their games – I lacked creativity for mine). Just a reminder, you may need to turn off free will during the challenge to get the Sims to do what you want for these.

Week 1 (Males): All males run on a treadmill until they are exhausted. The last male standing (or running) is the winner.

Week 2 (Females): All females get a camera and take a picture of the male of their choice. They only get one chance and the 5 frames associated with taking a picture. The female with the highest priced photo is the winner. If anyone ties, continue to have them take photos until one of them is the winner.

Week 3 (Males): All males attempt to kiss each female in the house. The male with the most successful kisses is the winner. If there is a tie, the male with the best overall relationships with all female Sims is the winner.

Week 4 (Females): All females fish at the same spot and must catch 1 fish or continue trying until they fail (in other words, they do not have enough skills to catch fish at that location resulting in a Disqualification). If all participating females fail/DQ, find a new spot to fish. The female with the biggest fish is the winner.

Date:
The winner of the Challenge gets to go on a date with male/female that he or she has the highest relationship with. (Make sure you have some nice date venues in your game.)

You must go on an official date and try to achieve the objectives. If both Sims get whims to become boyfriend and girlfriend, they may do so on the date.

The dates cannot be overnight but the couple can return home and spend time in the Boom Boom Room if desired.

Matchup Ceremony:
On the last day of the weekly cycle, have a Matchup Ceremony where you assess each the Sims relationships to each other. During the Matchup Ceremony, any Sims who decided to become boyfriend and girlfriend based on their whims during the week are considered a perfect match and must move out that night. All other Sims must continue searching for their perfect match.

Multiple couples can move out within the same week. The challenge may not last through the entire 20 days if Sims find their perfect matches early on. (I finished my challenge in just 3 cycles.)

Perfect Match:
A perfect match is considered successful if both Sims have become boyfriend and girlfriend over the week. A Sim can only ask to be boyfriend/girlfriend if the other Sim returns the whim. In other words, both Sims must have the whim to become each other’s boyfriend/girlfriend. Keep in mind, this may not happen at the same time for both Sims (or for the same person depending on how relationships develop). Therefore, once you start seeing this whim appear, you should probably pin it to save it for later if you think the couple will be a perfect match.

As stated earlier, perfect matches move out after the Matchup Ceremony. You may get 4 perfect matches before you get to the last Matchup Ceremony, which means you WIN!

Failure:
There are 2 ways to fail the challenge.
1. At the final Matchup Ceremony (end of the 4th cycle), if you have not found 4 perfect matches, the challenge has failed.
2. If 3 perfect matches have been found but the last male and female have a negative relationship OR never get to the point where they want to be boyfriend and girlfriend by the last Matchup Ceremony, the challenge has failed. They probably could have had better matches with another Sim had that Sim not been paired with someone else.

Gameplay after Are You the One?:
If you decide to continue to play the couples after the AYTO challenge and 4 perfect matches were created, reward each individual with $50,000 (or $100,000/couple if they remain a couple) with the motherlode cheat.

If you decide to continue to play the couples after AYTO and did not find 4 perfect matches, do not reward any of the Sims.

-----------------
Author's Note: I have only played through one full challenge and will be starting on my second. I would definitely love to hear any feedback and your thoughts on how to improve the challenge.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 8:44 AM
I like this challenge and I'm going to try it, I'm going to let you know how it worked for me!
Test Subject
#3 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 2:28 PM
This seems a really good challenge, but I don't think its one i'm used too. It seems fairly easy but perhaps I can try it sometime?
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 6:30 AM
I decided to try this challenge since it is a pretty simple/quick challenge.

Day 2 I had a sim die of embarrassment hahaha! So I just made a quick replacement with Johnny Zest I was like ooo great it's male challenge day and he is going to win(which I wouldn't of minded) Surprisingly my male that was already fatigued won due to the swimming pool. Now about to do the first match up.

BTW I added more bathrooms and showers so now they shouldn't die.
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 2:48 AM
I'm currently running this challenge on my channel but mine is a tad different from the way you made yours.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLsQa4FHHAk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0k_d9DNeOs

I'm super excited to start it! Thanks for sharing this challenge with others. I'd love to see more people do it. I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought about doing this! Haha!
#6 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 5:50 PM
I really like this challenge, it's very original and interesting! It's a pity that autonomy sucks in the Sims 4, it would be great if sims initiated romances on their own, too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Nov 2015 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by taylorfuzz12
I'm currently running this challenge on my channel but mine is a tad different from the way you made yours.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLsQa4FHHAk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0k_d9DNeOs

I'm super excited to start it! Thanks for sharing this challenge with others. I'd love to see more people do it. I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought about doing this! Haha!

...and you're making videos. AWESOME! I'll be tuning into your challenge.