Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 12:03 AM
All things Landgraab thread
This is a thread where we discuss our amazing adventures with the Landgrabbs! Those Goths are getting all the attention! It would be fun if you could tell me your Landgraab fails aswell

For me, in an old save, Malcolm grew up, looked super ugly so I had Geoff and Nancy have William. He grew up, and had Geoff's face! I changed that too! Malcolm married and had Chester II (I like the name Chester) Chester never married, he has a robot friend named Alex.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 3:30 AM
The only thing I ever did with the Landgraab family was in Sims 2 where I was trying to see if I could make a sim who would have 3 bolts of attraction with Malcolm. When I finally managed it, I discovered that it was due to having met him while swimming at the pool, because he likes swimsuits and underwear.

I also discovered that you should sell the wet bar at his house. He was the most Pleasure-oriented Wealth sim I've ever seen!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 4:10 AM
I had a save where Malcolm was a classmate of the girl in my family and the school got so overcrowded with the EA bugfest turned on that students were failing to enter the building.Malcolm was one of those missing school a lot and he was failing enough to be taken by the social worker.That made my save so corrupted that the little brother had the family's pets showing in his family tree as his parents and Christopher Steele had his toilet showing as his mum in his family tree before an Error 16 occured while saving and I lost it.I was playing Mod-free back then and lost a few saves to corruption when social workers took children away.
I hope to play a story with him one day and have him move away when he's older.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 4:16 AM Last edited by HarVee : 2nd Jun 2018 at 5:01 AM.
When I first played The Sims 3 I used cheats to quickly age up Malcolm. I had wanted to make him like he was in Bustin' Out and I even changed his traits using MC and tried giving him a white top hat. For some reason the game has a lack of top hats. I never did much else with that save file or with the family due to me not being able to fully recreate what I had envisioned.

Honestly, I don't give a shit about the rest of his family. But Malcolm to me always felt like a Sims version of Donald Trump and that general douche-ness really interests me about Malcolm.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
When I first played The Sims 3 I used cheats to quickly age up Malcolm. I had wanted to make him like he was in Bustin' Out and I even changed his traits using MC and tried giving him a white top hat. For some reason the game has a lack of top hats. I never did much else with that save file or with the family due to me not being able to fully recreate what I had envisioned.

LOL me too.

Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Honestly, I don't give a shit about the rest of his family.

Yeah, me too aswell. I mostly play my own families Even though I play them now and then. I think Malcolm when grown up is butt ugly. Honestly, WHY DID NANCY MARRY GEOFF IF SHE KNEW THEIR CHILDREN WOULD LOOK TERRIBLE?!?
Alchemist
#6 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 9:21 PM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 16th Feb 2021 at 10:08 PM.
Yes, I know this thread is a bit old but I have a question about Landgraabs and this is a thread about them, so... If I should've started a new one, then I apologize. Anyway, I want to gather all possible Sims 3 Landgraabs into my new wip world and I have a hard time with two of them: Malcolm Landgraap from Roaring Heights and Todd Landgraab from Midnight Hollow. Their connection to the Sunset Valley Landgraabs is unknown. So my question is: How do you think they are connected and would it make sense to place them all in the same town when it comes to the timeline?

Also, is this the same man in both pictures?

Muse by Stella Livorno (TS2) / Malcolm Landgraab (Simcity)

Oh, one more thing. In the wiki it says that Admiral Landgraab's tomb and remains are in the Chateau du Landgraab in France. I tried to look around with cheat but didn't find them (yes, I never found time to finish the whole chateau in my game). Are they really there?

"However, Landgraab's remains can be found somewhere in Chateau du Landgraab, so his body must have been recovered. Admiral Landgraab was a worrywart obsessed with military code, so his tomb is "shut tighter than Napoleon's tomb," according to local historians such as Francois Lambert."
Scholar
#7 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 2:05 AM
According to this (https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Landgr...n_for_Business), the Landgraabs have a pretty hefty family tree! But Todd is not on it, so I'd assume he's a more distant cousin. This (https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Admiral_Landgraab) mentions a theory that Admiral Landgraab and Gregory Landgraab were the same person. I like that.
The description of the chateau in the wiki seems to indicate that the whole house is Admiral Landgraab's tomb, but it doesn't indicate where in all that the remains are. I'd guess they might be gone again.

There's no reason not to believe the Landgraab family in the Sims games is not identical with the Landgraab family in the Sims City games, though that doesn't mean that the lore of the two games worlds has great continuity. I mean, there's some breaks in the continuity between expansion packs of the same iteration, so we can't expect it to be consistent beyond all that. That being said, either those are the same guy, or they're pretty close relatives. Though do you notice that most of the Landgraab men are blondies? Admiral Landgraab has more of that long nose and dark hair though.

Also there's SEVEN Malcolms at least!

I like the theory that the Roaring Heights Malcolm is Malcolm 1.

Good luck!
Alchemist
#8 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 12:15 PM
Yeah, the the dark hair is what got my attention in those pics. Hmm... I just wish that there would have been a lot fewer Landgraab men sharing the same first name. Would have made things a lot easier.

Making Todd as a distant cousing to Nancy would be a pretty good option, I guess.
Scholar
#10 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 12:03 AM
When I first started playing TS3 Geoffrey Landgraab somehow became best friends with my sim, even though they'd only met once and hadn't exchanged more than a couple of lines. I never could work out how that happened, and I'm fairly sure it was long before I started adding mods.

Later, I had another of my sims ingratiate her way into the Landgraab household. She then began to blatantly woo Nancy, right under Geoffrey's nose. Nancy was well up for it too. Eventually I persuaded her to break up with him, and moved him into a wretched little hovel I'd built for the purpose. I then threw a huge wedding party in the grounds of Landgraab Manor and invited the Altos, who I'd also been befriending. Malcolm stayed on for a while, till I moved him into Mosquito Cove, along with an ill tempered, misanthropic, disgusting bag of noxious fumes named Horace Globb.

You can see where this was going can't you? Nancy was going to have an unfortunate 'accident' involving a broken TV and a puddle of water, leaving my sim in sole possession of Landgraab Manor. Sadly, before I could proceed with the plan, my PC suffered a melt down and I lost a lot of stuff I'd failed to back up, including my black widow sim and poor old Horace.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#11 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mirin Sagesato

Kermit (greenish brown hair, green eyes, pale skin, and Slavic features) married Kitty (greenish brown hair, black eyes, pale skin, and Slavic\West Asian features), and they had Chester (black hair and eyes, pale skin, and west asian features) who married Queenie (blue eyed pale skin blonde with Northern European features) and they had Nancy (blond hair, green eyes, tan-ish skin, and Slavic features), who married Geoffrey (greenish blond hair, black eyes, tan-ish skin, and Western European\South European features), and they had Malcolm (blond hair, blue eyes, pale skin, and Central European features.) Malcolm eventually goes on to marry Hannelore from Sims 3 console (blond hair, grey eyes, pale skin, Central European features), and have Adrien (blond hair, grey eyes, pale skin, Slavic features), Dudley (strawberry blond hair, blue eyes, pale skin, northeastern european facial features), and Mimi (strawberry blond hair, brown eyes, pale skin, and Western European features). Johnny Zest is also most likely a brother to Malcolm that got disowned.

I actually made a sort of chart at one point. It was in the landgraab family talk page but it got deleted.

I see we agree in our guesses about Admiral Landgraab and Malcolm 1. And also, I'm glad to see you have guesses for these other Landgraabs. I don't recall seeing them in 2 or 3, though, just in the wiki. Where do we see them?

Do you have extended thoughts about the Dreamers and Matlapins too? I used what I found in the wiki and then made up a bunch of stuff. I never used to care abiout the history of the premades, but all of a sudden some of them are really fun to think about.
Alchemist
#12 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 11:56 AM
Wow, thank you Mirin Sagesato. That's a lot of info in a clear way and very helpful. I actually went ahead and resurrected the Roaring Heights Malcolm. Interestingly he has blonde hair instead of dark but that could just be a blunder from EA's side; they didn't really care about the hair color since ghosts don't have one. Hmm, maybe I should create Stella using the painting as a reference.
Scholar
#13 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 5:50 PM
I just ignored that part: the rest is the interesting part.
Test Subject
#14 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 8:42 PM
All things Landgraab

Looks like EA intended to make us assume that Malcolm from TS3 SV, who is a child as the starting point, is the Malcolm from TS2 OFB, but nope, they are technically not related; we can just imagine that they come from completely different branches of their extensive family tree, and share an unknown, very distant common ancestor.

Check out my YouTube channel and Tumblr - I'm renovating Twinbrook
Alchemist
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mirin Sagesato
In some 'hoods the ghost colors are themed instead of being their "alive" colors. Roaring Heights ghosts are meant to be sepia toned.

Actually he looked just like a normal elder sim with a gray hair and when turned into an adult, he has blonde hair. His ghost is gray/white-ish. I didn't see sepia anywhere.

Luckily - after days of searching - I managed to find a decent TS1 image of Admiral Landgraab and was safed from having to instal my TS1 + Hot Date games again. Now I can make portrait of him. I actually thought of making two, the second being like those supernatural changing paintings.
Scholar
#17 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 4:18 PM
I've been thinking about making changing paintings too! One idea is to make the opposite- a creepy painting that turns innocent at night. Another is one that has a picture of a tomb area in the day time and a map of the tomb at night...(I've never completed a tomb or made one yet, so that's kind of farfetched. I'd be more likely to explore a tomb if it wasn't a quest though)
Scholar
#18 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 5:49 PM
I really have to jump into TS3 and find the Landgraabs. I might have seen them but if so I have not been taking any notice of them. So I don't know what kind of sims they are. (I'm playing TS4 at the moment and Nancy Landgraab is one of my favorites. She's just so beautiful :lovestruc ).
Scholar
#19 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 1:16 AM
Mostly in every iteration the Landgraabs are just rich. There's backstory implicating them in robber baronry and the other crimes of the very rich. Individual living Landgraabs do not tend to be as awful as the implied characters of their ancestors, though.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#21 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 7:59 PM
They really have been in the lore of the sims games a lot, we get chance cards in Sims 2 mentioning Landgraab sims/ corporations and also in the SimCity there is a lot of mention of them.
Alchemist
#23 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
...in the SimCity there is a lot of mention of them.

Good to know. I really have go and do some reading. More the better. I'm pretty happy how the Admiral's painting turned out and I decided to give Nancy and her family a makeover. They're going to get the Hound's Head Mansion once my BB world is done. It's just too bad that there aren't any remains in the Landgraab mansion in Champs Les Sims but I still really have to play it through fully soon. I've only gotten halfway through a few times.
Scholar
#24 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 5:53 AM
Finding the Landgraab's mansion in Sunset Valley was no problem. However, I had forgot about the stupid celebrity system that made it impossible to my sim to talk to anyone. It also seems like the family members did grow old without me knowing (it might be that I did not turn the aging off in time in my early phase of playing TS3). In the family info box the game spoke about the three family members and the pic showed a very young Malcolm. But my game itself only focosed on Malcolm and when I spotted him he were an adult. So no luck finding Nancy or her husband there...
Page 1 of 2