Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Spice Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 3:13 AM
Default Does anyone know of a fix for this Edit-in-Game save bug?
Hey,

I hope this is in the right place. So one really annoying problem I'm having with trying to create custom worlds is that I can't save the lots I'd like. Let me explain. I'm working on several fantasy worlds, and I like to use the trick where I put foundations on high terrain and then lower it in order to make bigger structures, like castle walls and tall towers. The problem is, this results in a mismatch in the height map for the world, rendering the file unsaveable until I remove the lot. Does anyone know a way to save these types of lots in Edit-in-Game? (Other than putting them in the library and adding them in actual gameplay, which isn't really the same.) Thanks!

.هذا توقيعي
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 7:49 AM
Why are you not building them in EIG? I build almost all lots in my worlds in EIG. For the few I move over from other worlds I use the terrain offset cheat if needed.

Or maybe I am not understanding your question correctly?
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 9:59 AM Last edited by SaladWithKoRn : 28th Feb 2019 at 10:58 AM.
If it's a consistent problem then unfortunately your best bet is to probably build your lots in the actual game, especially if it's messing with the height map. Never heard of alternate saving methods other than moving to the library. When you're done with building you could probably always have a copy of your save with the world fully built.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 10:43 AM
Do you make the lot in eig and then experience save bugs with these lots each time. Do you have dependable data for using the groundtools being the reason?
Spice Pony
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 4:05 PM Last edited by ewenk7 : 1st Mar 2019 at 1:17 AM.
Okay, so:

daisylee: I am building them in EIG; that's the problem.

Volvenom: Yeah, that's how it happens. And it's my best guess based on my research (which was last week, so I don't recall exactly what I found) and trial and error. Lots that have foundations connected to areas of flat terrain are fine, but as soon as I isolate the raised section, the same thing happens. I've tested it with incomplete lots, and it's consistently the problem.

Update: I might have found a fix. I had luck saving such a structure in EIG after closing CAW. I'll have to experiment with it some more.

.هذا توقيعي
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 8:50 AM
When I used to use this laptop for Sims ages ago it could not handle EIG and CAW open at the same time. As soon as I opened EIG I would close CAW and then have no problems. Maybe that is the solution for you. Hope it works.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 11:35 AM
Field Researcher
#8 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Why are you not building them in EIG? I build almost all lots in my worlds in EIG. For the few I move over from other worlds I use the terrain offset cheat if needed.

Or maybe I am not understanding your question correctly?

I actually don't ever use CAW's EIG feature unless it's a tricky lot that isn't importing well (I had one that overlapped a world object and was being a pain). In my personal experience EIG is prone to crashing on me a lot, and it's incredibly aggravating to lose progress repeatedly. So when I have finished painting, sculpting, and placing in CAW I export the world, build my lots in the actual game and save them to the bin. When I'm ready to place them in CAW I just use EIG in game to plop the lots down, that way if it crashes, all I've lost is the amount of time it took to save or place the lot.

To OP. Did you set your height map particularly low? If I understand your post correctly, it sounds like you need to change the height of your castle walls/towers until it fits properly in the world. Is it just one lot or is it all of them?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LemonyLin
So when I have finished painting, sculpting, and placing in CAW I export the world, build my lots in the actual game and save them to the bin. When I'm ready to place them in CAW I just use EIG in game to plop the lots down, that way if it crashes, all I've lost is the amount of time it took to save or place the lot.

That sounds like a good method to use. If my game was crashing in EIG I sure would do it that way too.