Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2020 at 4:59 PM
The Academy of Fine Arts Challenge!
Do you like a bit of micro-managing, levelling up your sims' skills and having randomness ensue? This is the challenge for you!

You are the principal of the Academy of Fine Arts, one of the most prestigious arts schools in the Sims world. Sims travel far and wide to be able to go to your academy and get distinguished degrees in many different arts. Sims that graduate from the Academy often become world renowned artists, but the way to get there is a difficult one..

CAS
To start of the challenge, create your sims in CAS.
You can either create 8 students for your Academy, or 7 students and a caretaker (or more students, if you have any mods that expand your household size).

The caretaker has the traits: Neat, Creative & Any other trait that you feel are fitting. The caretaker is mostly there to tutor the students in the arts, to clean up the academy and/or cook meals for the students. The caretaker can look any way you want!

For the students you can create Sims that look any which way you want; however, I decided to create a school uniform to wear during school times. The uniform consisted of a white blouse and neat trousers in different colours to represent the subject they are studying (I chose green, red & blue). Their second everyday look & their other looks are up to you; outside of school times they can look however you want them to look. For your students' traits, you have two options: you can give them traits that will help them with levelling up skills (e.g. creative, virtuoso, bookwork), or you can give them random skills which may make it more of a challenge. You can randomize the subjects that your students will be studying.

THE SCHOOL
To create your school, you can either create one yourself or look one up in the library. However, the school should include
- Several rooms for your students with beds & a desk (students can share rooms or have one themselves)
- Several bathrooms
- A cafeteria (with tables & a kitchen for your caretaker/students to cook meals)
- A living room area for your students
- A fitness room
- A computer room
- Rooms personalized for the subjects your students will be studying (e.g. music, writing, painting, cooking, etc)
- A party room for graduation parties
- And any other room that you feel is fitting for your Academy of Fine Arts.

The CURRICULUM
So: what will the curriculum be like?
Firstly, you have to choose the major arts subjects your students will be studying. The subjects that I have determined are
- Music (you can make the distinction between violin, piano, guitar, singng, dj mixing, etc)
- Arts (either digital or on a normal easel)
- Writing
- Photography
- Cooking

I chose to play the challenge with Sims studying Music, Arts & Writing, but feel free to change this if you feel like it.

Secondly, Your sims will not only be studying a major subject, but they will also take on a minor. This is because your Academy is very famous and distinguished; so your curriculum should be too!
You can choose any skill you want for your sims to minor in. My sims are usually minoring in any other arts subject, Gaming, Gardening, Charisma, Comedy, Handiness, Logic, etc. There are a lot of choices here! You can also choose how many subjects you want your sims to minor in: you can choose just one, three or even five if you want to keep going for a loooong time. Your choice!

Because sims should stay fit, Fitness is also a skill that they'll have to level up.

So to sum up, every students you create needs to choose..
- A major arts subjects
- One or more subjects to minor in
- And the fitness skill is obligatory

THE SCEDULE
This scedule is one that I tested in my game, and it seemed to work pretty well.

Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri
7.00: Waking up
8.00: Breakfast is served
9.30: School starts -> Sims will fo to class for their Major Arts subject
11.30: Break time, Sims can do whatever they want
12.30: Sims will work on their minoring subject
15.00: Fitness time!
17.30: Class ends
18.00: Breakfast is served
18.00-22.00: Sims have free time and can do whatever they want; study, watch tv, sleep, or anything else.
22.00: Recommended time for lights out.

Saturday and Sunday are a bit different and you can fill them in however you want..! On saturday I usually organize a field trip to either a Museum or the Park, whilst on Sunday (FUNday) I let my Sims go to a bar, a lounge, a gym, or anywhere else to socialize or work on their skills if they want.

GRADUATION
Eventually it's time to let your sims go and get them into the wide wide world.. But before then, your Sims will have to take the dreaded.... EXAMS.
I've planned exams on every single wednesday. Exams are pretty much the same as every other day, but before your sims can take the exams they have to qualify.

This is where you can make the challenge as easy or as hard as you want! I personally chose..
1. Sims must have skill level 10 in the Arts skill they are studying
2. Sims must have skill level 5 in Fitness.
3. Sims must have skill level 5 in their minoring subjects.
If Sims don't qualify, they are unable to take the exams and have to try again next wednesday.

What are the exams?
Music - for Music I have decided to have my sims write a song; this will take them all day, but when they have created a good quality song, they have passed their exams.
Arts - For Arts, the students have to create a painting in any catagory (whichevery you like), the work must be either excellent quality or a masterpiece.
Writing - Sims have to write a book in any genre they like, and the book has to be of excellent quality or better.
For the other majoring arts subjects I have not created exams yet, so feel free to help me with that if you like!

What happens when your sims graduate? When a Sim has all of the qualifications and passes the exams, they are ready to move into the world and become the master artists they were meant to be. You can choose to throw a graduation party on Thursday night (and invite friends or alumni students to the party). As soon as you're ready to move the sim out, you can give them a job if you like. You can move the sim out to any building you like; you can create one for your students yourself or use a pre-existing building.

When a sim moves out, you can create a new student to take their place in the household; this way your household will always be filled with 8 Sims and this way your Sims will all have different skill levels, which is a fun challenge!!

RELATIONSHIPS
Obviously, your sims can create relationships, which is fun. I would recommend having autonomy high outside of class times, because this way your sims will converse with eachother by themselves and create friends! If you want some romantic action, you can watch it play out by themselves or you can make your sims be romantic with eachother!! Everything is allowed.

So I believe that's it for this challenge! I'm still testing the challenge as I go so I might fix some problems with it when I find them, but for now I'm having tons of fun playing it. Please let me know what you think and give me updates if you start playing!!