Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2076 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I haven't played Sims 4 in a good year, so when I returned recently, there were several new things I had to get (re-)acquainted with. I uninstalled and then re-installed Sims 4 with some extra content that I didn't want to use anymore (like Vampires and Realm of Magic, for example)

Despite a new install and absolutely no mods, it seems that I have some items that appear to be custom content in the game? It might be part of a 'fan pack' that I might have downloaded a year or longer ago, but it still appeared despite the new install and lack of mods. Anyone have an idea if it is a fan pack or... did EA add some 'official' fan-made items?

They are pieces of CC that were officially added to the game for the 21st birthday celebration. There are some items in the Build/Buy catalogue as well. You can find them all by using the new "Birthday" filter.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Scholar
#2077 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 11:13 AM
It looks like a free pack or something. Cc would have that "wrench" symbol on blue background... I think...

Edit: Menaceman44 was faster...
Scholar
#2078 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 3:26 PM
Ah, thank you for the info.
Alright, then I know it isn't a bug or some sort of issue with a script mod going on.
Scholar
#2079 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 4:02 PM
Warning Noob question!

So, I had this nightclub I was not to happy about... It was quite boring (even after my first attempt at redecorate it). It is shipped as "Club Slate". I recently discovered that an other lot in the game was built using the move objects cheat and I have been playing around with this cheat as well. But what cheats is there in build mode? The club is build with a large balcony surrounding the 2:nd floor but I wanted to add some more floor tiles. But I could not even if the "build pattern" (the squares) was there. As a cheat was stopping me from doing some things. The only way to add flooring seemed to be to add a room and delete the walls afterwards.

Added a small pic from the net so you know what club I talk about.
Test Subject
#2080 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
Warning Noob question!

So, I had this nightclub I was not to happy about... It was quite boring (even after my first attempt at redecorate it). It is shipped as "Club Slate". I recently discovered that an other lot in the game was built using the move objects cheat and I have been playing around with this cheat as well. But what cheats is there in build mode? The club is build with a large balcony surrounding the 2:nd floor but I wanted to add some more floor tiles. But I could not even if the "build pattern" (the squares) was there. As a cheat was stopping me from doing some things. The only way to add flooring seemed to be to add a room and delete the walls afterwards.

Added a small pic from the net so you know what club I talk about.

Stretch the established floor or build a room, then breaking the boundary wall between the new room/area and the old room/area.

It's pretty annoying, but hey, it works.
Scholar
#2081 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 3:00 PM
Bunk Beds exist in Sims 4!? Since when?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2082 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 6:34 PM
Bunk Beds exist in Sims 4!? Since when?

Since earlier this year.

Field Researcher
#2083 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 5:32 PM
My stupid question today is about the Sims I've seen since a recent patch walking around carrying a yellow book. It seems to me that they're usually teens, but are sometimes older. Possibly my stupid question has been asked earlier, or even answered in those cringey patch notes that I never read.

Does anyone have any idea what they're "supposed to be doing?" If not, then I've decided that they're walking 30 miles to return that book to the library in the next town over, because Sims are dumb like that.
Forum Resident
#2084 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 5:38 PM Last edited by Jathom95 : 16th Jul 2021 at 4:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ryuusei86
My stupid question today is about the Sims I've seen since a recent patch walking around carrying a yellow book. It seems to me that they're usually teens, but are sometimes older. Possibly my stupid question has been asked earlier, or even answered in those cringey patch notes that I never read.

Does anyone have any idea what they're "supposed to be doing?" If not, then I've decided that they're walking 30 miles to return that book to the library in the next town over, because Sims are dumb like that.

It's possibly the tweaks they made to certain traits to make them do more besides just affecting emotions. One of them is that Bookworms will now walk around town carrying a book and read it, because EA logic. It's one of those things that's supposed to, according to EA, make them seem more distinct.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2085 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ryuusei86

Yeah, they're Sims with the Bookworm trait. Annoyingly, if you look close enough, you will see that it is a thick book but Sims hold it as if it was a thin book meaning their fingers disappear into the pages. Good old EA always testing their new content thoroughly.

Field Researcher
#2086 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 6:52 PM
I didn't notice that detail, but it doesn't surprise me at all. Thank you both for answering my stupid question.
Scholar
#2087 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 11:43 AM
Small issue with some items (particularly in the Decorations and Kids category) remaining stuck as 'new' with the golden tint on them. I know that you can use a Hex Editor to change the ReticulatedSpinesView file to change that in its hex value. But I can't change that, if I try to, it keeps saying it cannot find those hex values.
Has that changed or is there a new way to fix this little glitch?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2088 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 3:52 PM
Small issue with some items (particularly in the Decorations and Kids category) remaining stuck as 'new' with the golden tint on them. I know that you can use a Hex Editor to change the ReticulatedSpinesView file to change that in its hex value. But I can't change that, if I try to, it keeps saying it cannot find those hex values.
Has that changed or is there a new way to fix this little glitch?

Are you sure you have looked at everything? I know that might be a stupid question in itself but the game classes each swatch of the armadillo toy sculpture thing from StrangerVille as sperate items for some reason so you have to look at each swatch to clear the flag from that one.

Scholar
#2089 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Are you sure you have looked at everything? I know that might be a stupid question in itself but the game classes each swatch of the armadillo toy sculpture thing from StrangerVille as sperate items for some reason so you have to look at each swatch to clear the flag from that one.

Some players do get this bug, even scrolling and checking every possible item on the menu you just can't get rid of it, I have Hex Edited ReticulatedSpinesView a few times before but can't remember myself what to change anymore, considering patches (or even repairing game) will just overwrite it everytime, then you got do it all over again and again, then I thought, what's the point..
Scholar
#2090 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 3:02 PM
Turns out I finally got the item that was still listed as New: a cupcake sales sign. No idea why it finally showed itself at one point, but it did.

What do the Librarians do? Like, are they just Sims that are placed at libraries so you HAVE Sims there?
Scholar
#2091 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 3:01 PM
So, there are some things I have been thinking about and I thought I could go ahead and ask.

First I wonder if you can tell me the difference in the growth of friendship Text messages VS Telephone calls? Without knowing I would say that sims can befriend each other faster if they talk on phone but I like text messages because it's faster (I might be fooling myself here) To bad it's not possible to send out many messages at once...

Secondly I wonder if there is any special cheats for building. Yes, I know there is a cheat for building "off lot" (I guess it's how all this small playgrounds and other locations have been created) but is there any cheat to change the form of building items I.E. windows? You see, I would like to re-create a building like in the pic (small pic!) but is there any trick to create window shapes like that? (In reality, I think someone just created this somehow and placed it in there. But I guess the answer is free).

Screenshots
Scholar
#2092 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 3:18 PM
What do the Librarians do? Like, are they just Sims that are placed at libraries so you HAVE Sims there?

According to their role tuning file, they're supposed to read, use tablets, tutor, and put away books.
Scholar
#2093 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 3:37 PM
So, there are some things I have been thinking about and I thought I could go ahead and ask.

First I wonder if you can tell me the difference in the growth of friendship Text messages VS Telephone calls? Without knowing I would say that sims can befriend each other faster if they talk on phone but I like text messages because it's faster (I might be fooling myself here) To bad it's not possible to send out many messages at once...

Secondly I wonder if there is any special cheats for building. Yes, I know there is a cheat for building "off lot" (I guess it's how all this small playgrounds and other locations have been created) but is there any cheat to change the form of building items I.E. windows? You see, I would like to re-create a building like in the pic (small pic!) but is there any trick to create window shapes like that? (In reality, I think someone just created this somehow and placed it in there. But I guess the answer is free).

Based on the tuning files both a text and a phone call have the same outcome of friendship gain.

the windows in the pic you posted are custom windows, there's no way to make it look like that with cheats.
I believe it's from this set: https://peacemaker-ic.tumblr.com/post/149881523554

as for placing things off lot, there's no cheat for it, EA have their own ways of creating worlds, but we have no accesses to their tools.
that being said, we do have the amazing TOOL mod, which basically allow you to place things off lot, amongst other amazing features.
if you're unfamiliar with it yet you can check it out here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/tool-v2-3-2-sim-53186952
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2094 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
According to their role tuning file, they're supposed to read, use tablets, tutor, and put away books.

I've at least seen them read and clear away books before. I've never asked about tutoring and my libraries have no tablets.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2095 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 4:39 PM
the windows in the pic you posted are custom windows, there's no way to make it look like that with cheats.
I believe it's from this set: https://peacemaker-ic.tumblr.com/post/149881523554

They're not custom windows in that screenshot. The entire building is one whole object. It's an EA deco hood prop. But you can achieve a similar look with the peacemaker windows you linked to.

Scholar
#2096 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 4:49 PM
Based on the tuning files both a text and a phone call have the same outcome of friendship gain.

as for placing things off lot, there's no cheat for it, EA have their own ways of creating worlds, but we have no accesses to their tools.
that being said, we do have the amazing TOOL mod, which basically allow you to place things off lot, amongst other amazing features.
if you're unfamiliar with it yet you can check it out here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/tool-v2-3-2-sim-53186952

Very helpful

I checked the windows. Looks nice but I have to see if they require a newer patch.

I just searched the net the other day and did find a link (that I can not find now) about building outside lot. Found an other site that I did not know before and found out it's a tool mod. Oh well, you still learned me things
Scholar
#2097 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 5:02 PM
Very helpful

I checked the windows. Looks nice but I have to see if they require a newer patch.

The windows are base game compatible as you can read in the description.
Scholar
#2098 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 6:10 PM
Sorry, did not read that carefully, I only checked that. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#2099 Old 18th Aug 2021 at 3:51 PM
Default Where are my chickens ?
Anybody have this happen to them ? i'm suppose to have 7 chickens but they are nowhere to be found. i thought even without a fence i'll still be able to gather them back to the coop but that doesnt work .
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#2100 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 2:37 AM
OK, in one of my save files all of the sims are reacting to my sim in shock & she keeps getting embarrassed moodlets. My research leads me to believe this is being caused by her custom content. The thing is, I checked her CC clothes & nothing is marked for nude. Her lip/skin presets are marked for nude. Is this why sims are reacting to her this way or is that a normal setting for presets? If I unmark them for nude will they still function properly?
Page 84 of 86