Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 9:33 PM
Default Sims 4 University Question
Do sims in the Sims 4 get a whim for a specific university degree or do you decide for them?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 11:50 AM
The whims system was discontinued before Discover University was released, so I don't think you can get a whim for anything related to University, at all.
I could very well be wrong though, I use a mod to restore the whims system and have done so since I first started playing sims4.
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eehna
The whims system was discontinued before Discover University was released, so I don't think you can get a whim for anything related to University, at all.
I could very well be wrong though, I use a mod to restore the whims system and have done so since I first started playing sims4.

Really? I still get whims all the time on all my sims. There is a toggle to turn whims off, but if unchecked still pop up the usual whims like swimming pool in summer, snowpal in winter, etc. My game is fully updated. In response to the original question I have never seen a whim for a specific subject to study at Uni.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 8:24 PM Last edited by Eehna : 7th Jun 2021 at 9:59 PM.
Yes they're still there, but they're not updated anymore.
As far as I understand it, a patch in November 2018 added the choice to enable or disable them, and it was at that same time that this system was discontinued i.e. not updated for later packs.
Seasons came in June 2018 so that's why you have seasons-related whims, Discover University came in November 2019 so no whims for that.