Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The SCRIPTORIUM: v. 2.2f (BugFix + Radiance 2.4)

by Numenor Posted 26th Sep 2006 at 1:40 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:19 PM by Nysha

644 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 613 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 26
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 1:42 AM
Attention, creators of custom fireplaces!

From now on, your job will be easier, if you use the Enhanced Templates for custom fireplaces with working chimneys.

Whoever has already created a custom fireplace is strongly adviced to read that thread too, because many existing custom fireplaces are known to cause problems to the users' games.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#77 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 2:42 PM
I had to came and say thank you again Numenor. This is a fantastic program, and one that works for Macs! I've already changed all my downloaded stairs. Just anal like that. And 4ESF already has some new mod stairs using the scriptorium.

You are a God
Field Researcher
#78 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 2:37 AM
Just a couple of questions. I am a little confused.

1. Do I just unzip the scriptorium file then install?
2. When I download a set of modular stairs, how does this file work to install them?
3. Does scriptorium affect sims2 clean installer? I noticed that on the list of things you can tick it says walls does that mean walls as in the walls you build with or wall paper etc.
4. I have heaps of doorway arches but do you mean the the column arches.

Sorry if this question is aliitle stupid I just feel confused right now.
Thanks!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#79 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 10:21 AM
1) Yes, that's all you need to do.
2) The Scriptorium only prepares your game to accept new modular stairs etc., making very easy to manually install the modular stairs: just open your Downloads folder and put the .package, then open (directly from the Downloads) the Scriptorium_ModularStairs folder and put the .TXT in. Much easier than retrieving the original modularstairs.txt from its hidden location and edit it manually!
3) The Scriptorium enables custom "Walls that you build"; custom wallpapers already have native support by Maxis.
4) I understand that the words "fences" and "arches" might be confusing, but it's not my fault... The problem is similar to point 3 (walls/wallpapers). The "arches" that the Scriptorium refers to are the ones contained in the Maxis files "fencearches.txt"; there is only *one* fencearch in the game, ad it's the "tropical" arch visible at the very end of the fence catalog. These arches are "modular", and act like the fences.
To tell the truth, I'm not 100% sure that the tropical arch is a real "fencearch": I believe that there are NO fencearches in the game, and that the tropical one is just a normal fence that was derived from the original (abandoned) fencearch. Perhaps another Lost & Found?

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#80 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 11:26 PM
Default userstartup.cheat radiance
Hi there,
I'm wondering if you (Numenor or anyone else who might know) could tell me where exactly the userstartup.cheat is located when you use the automatic radiance install included in this installer.
I did not see it in my documents config folder. Is it somehow embedded in a file in this installer?
I wanted to add a few things to the cheat, and also remove a couple of things...but it appears to not have been installed into the usual location.
THanks so much!

RabidAngel the Rabies Riddled Girl

You can check out more of my creations at www.simsconnection.com
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#81 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 8:15 AM
RabidAngel - Quoting from the first post:
Quote:
NOTE: If you want to install the Radiance 2.2 and you have customized your userStartup.config, rest assured that it will NOT be overwritten: this version of the Radiance uses the Maxis shaders, so it doesn't require to overwrite the userStartup.

Therefore, the Scriptorium doesn't modify any existing userstartup.cheats, and doesnìt create it if it doesn't exist. If you don't have a startup.cheats file (whose location is: (Documents)\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config), you can create it yourself: create a new text file, write your preferred cheats and alias in it, and save it as "userstartup.cheats" (be sure that the saved file has not the TXT extension).

Field Researcher
#82 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
1) Yes, that's all you need to do.
2) The Scriptorium only prepares your game to accept new modular stairs etc., making very easy to manually install the modular stairs: just open your Downloads folder and put the .package, then open (directly from the Downloads) the Scriptorium_ModularStairs folder and put the .TXT in. Much easier than retrieving the original modularstairs.txt from its hidden location and edit it manually!
3) The Scriptorium enables custom "Walls that you build"; custom wallpapers already have native support by Maxis.
4) I understand that the words "fences" and "arches" might be confusing, but it's not my fault... The problem is similar to point 3 (walls/wallpapers). The "arches" that the Scriptorium refers to are the ones contained in the Maxis files "fencearches.txt"; there is only *one* fencearch in the game, ad it's the "tropical" arch visible at the very end of the fence catalog. These arches are "modular", and act like the fences.
To tell the truth, I'm not 100% sure that the tropical arch is a real "fencearch": I believe that there are NO fencearches in the game, and that the tropical one is just a normal fence that was derived from the original (abandoned) fencearch. Perhaps another Lost & Found?

Thank you I understand now!
Test Subject
#83 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 4:31 AM
As always, thanks for taking care of us. What would we do without you.

Learning too soon our limitations, we never learn our powers. -- Mignon McLaughlin
Test Subject
#84 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 7:33 AM
numenor, you are so great.
i wasnt sure if i should post this in the radiance thread or here so i hope this is the correct place.
i do not have the radiance 2.1 or 2.2 installed anymore. i like 2.2 but i do not want the pool surface thing. (its great but too intense for my computer)
1. can i use the scriptorium to install 2.2 but then go in and manually remove the RLS_shader file from my downloads folder?
2. if i decide to uninstall 2.2 later using scriptorium will having deleted that file cause problems?
i know you are busy creating amazing mods for the entire community so i will not be angry if you do not have time for these silly questions. thanks.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 5:50 PM
You are GREAT!!! Thanks for ever!

Dont' forget to press the Thanks button. Thanks!

Sims2Good Cloudy seaside mood

Don't include my content (in lots, sims...) but to MTS2, including a link to my thread.
Test Subject
#86 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 9:11 PM
When I try to install it says "The source file "J:\longpathname\modularstairs.txt" does not exist."

What should I do?

/Sunnie
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mrlucas
i do not have the radiance 2.1 or 2.2 installed anymore. i like 2.2 but i do not want the pool surface thing. (its great but too intense for my computer)
1. can i use the scriptorium to install 2.2 but then go in and manually remove the RLS_shader file from my downloads folder?
2. if i decide to uninstall 2.2 later using scriptorium will having deleted that file cause problems?
i know you are busy creating amazing mods for the entire community so i will not be angry if you do not have time for these silly questions. thanks.

1) Yes, the RSL_shader is basically independent from the Radiance, it's like an add-on. You can remove it manually.
2) You shouldn't have problems: the uninstaller will not find the RSL_shader, and will go on deleting the other files.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: Originally posted by Sunnie
When I try to install it says "The source file "J:\longpathname\modularstairs.txt" does not exist."
What should I do?

Does the installer give exactly that message? Or the word "longpathname" is a placeholder that you used to avoid copying a long path?

Exactly, where is located your game folder? I mean the folder where the executables are located, NOT the documents.
Is it in J:\EA Games\The Sims 2? Or J:\The Sims 2?

Test Subject
#88 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 12:04 AM
It's in J:\Games\EA Games\The Sims2
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#89 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 2:16 AM
And what about the word "longpathname"? Does it appear in the error message, or it's a work used by you to simplify?

Are you familiar with the Windows Registry?
Can you please go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2
and then read the value for the key "Install Dir"?
It should be something like "J:\Games\EA Games\THESIM~1"

PS: Just to be sure, go to J:\Games\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts and check if *there is* a file called "modularstairs.txt", there. You should have it (otherwise you would not see any modular stairs in the game).

Lab Assistant
#90 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
RabidAngel - Quoting from the first post:

Therefore, the Scriptorium doesn't modify any existing userstartup.cheats, and doesnìt create it if it doesn't exist. If you don't have a startup.cheats file (whose location is: (Documents)\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config), you can create it yourself: create a new text file, write your preferred cheats and alias in it, and save it as "userstartup.cheats" (be sure that the saved file has not the TXT extension).

Oh, thanks so much for clarifying that...I understand now.
Many Many thanks!

RabidAngel the Rabies Riddled Girl

You can check out more of my creations at www.simsconnection.com
Test Subject
#91 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 3:55 AM
the longpathname doesn't exist, just my own invention. I do have a file called modularstairs.

Registry value is J:\Games\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#92 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 9:59 AM
Thanks Sunnie for the report.

The Registry value and the path to your game folder are perfectly normal, and should be crrectly managed by the installer (btw I have a very unusual game installation, and the installer can manage correctly even mine... )

I think that something went wrong on the first run of the installer; infact, on the first run only, the installer creates a backup copy of your existing modularstairs.txt (in order to restore it in case of uninstallation).

Please, run this test for me:
1) Uninstall the Scriptorium using the Windows "Add/Remove" program
2) Go to J:\Games\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts
3) Be sure that there is NOT a Scriptorium_Backup folder (there may be other Scriptorium folders, but I'm interested only in the "_Backup" one). If you see the "_Backup" folder, delete it.
4) Be sure that there is a modularstairs.txt (if the modularstairs.txt is missing, download the one attached to this post: it's the original Maxis one).
5) Run the installer again.

Thanks for your tests: they will help me improving the installer.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  modularstairs.txt (3.0 KB, 46 downloads)

Test Subject
#93 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 11:26 PM
I can't find a scriptorium program installed in my computer. It's only called "Scriptorium" right?

I never used the scriptorium program before. And it's when it's trying to install the error message comes up, so it never finishes.

/Sunnie
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#94 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 11:02 AM
In the Add/Remove program, the exact name is "Scriptorium for TS2"; if you don't find it, this means that the Scriptorium was never completely installed.
But a partial installation was probably done, anyway. So, please, perform all the steps in my previous post, skipping only the first one (i.e. uninstalling the Scriptorium from the Add/Remove program).

Just to have some more elements: do you use a Windows account with "Administrator" rights? Are you sure to use the same Windows account that you use for playing the game?

Test Subject
#95 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 3:44 PM
I just have one account on my computer since I'm the only user =3

There was no _backup file in my directory that I could find.
And I replaced the modularstairs.txt file with the one you attached (I did have one prior though).
(also I did a search on scriptoruim in case I missed something, but the search didn't turn up with anything)

..and I still get the same error when trying to install.

/Sunnie
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 7:10 PM Last edited by Numenor : 8th Oct 2006 at 11:20 PM.
(Original post deleted and edited. Reason: found an easier solution)

Sunnie - Please, do this:

1) Right-click on the installer and choose "Create shortcut"
2) Right-click on the shortcut and choose "Properties"
3) In the first field ("Destination", I guess) delete everything and write exactly:
Scriptorium_Setup.exe /LOG=Log.txt
then click OK to close the properties window.
4) Double-click on the shortcut to run the installer; if an error comes up, click "Ignore" or "Continue", if possible.
5) When the installer finishes its job, you will find a file named "Log.txt" into the same folder as the installer: post the Log.txt here, as an attachment, and I will look at it.

Thanks

Test Subject
#97 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 12:59 AM
Here is the log. It turns out it can't find several of the .txt files (I never got that far before as I aborted since ignoring was not reccomended)

Sorry for all the trouble, I always get the oddest errors =/

/Sunnie
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Log.txt (18.1 KB, 26 downloads)
Field Researcher
#98 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 3:24 AM
I've just finished remaking my fireplace with the new template and it is now compatible with Scriptorium. I hope my explaination for installing is clear enough for all.

CT
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#99 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 9:55 AM Last edited by Numenor : 10th Oct 2006 at 2:23 PM. Reason: Attachment removed
CTNutmegger - Good work! Your fireplace was already extremely beautiful: now it's also more functional and easier to install

Sunnie - Thanks! Your log file was quite interesting. The most probable cause for your malfunction is that the names of your game folders don't match the references in your registry. This may happen if, for instance, you rename a game folder, and then you rename it back to the original name, or you perhaps create a temporary "The Sims" folder and then delete it, etc...

In order to have the proof that the folder names don't match any more the value in the Registry, try this test:

1) Uninstall the Scriptorium (now you should have an entry in the Add/Remove panel).
2) Open the J: drive
3) In the "Address" field, on top of the window, delete "J:\" and write exactly:
J:\Games\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\
FYI, this is the location written in your Registry where the game expects to find the game files.
4a) If I guessed right, you will get an error, saying that folder doesn't exist.
4b) If, on the other hand, I'm wrong, the "Address" field should change to "J:\Games\EA Games\The Sims 2", and you should see the four subfolders of a normal game installation: CSBin, Support, TSBin, TSData.

If you get an error, then for whatever reason your Registry holds invalid values, and should be fixed.
I guess that you DON'T want to reinstall the game, right? Then, I've prepared for you a little .REG file that will fix your Registry (it will fix only the base-game Registry entry: if the game works fine, there's no reason to modify the other Registry values).

Download the attached file "Sunnie.zip", unpack it to your desktop and double-click on the "Sunnie.reg" file; Windows will ask confirmation if you want to add the file to the Registry: click Yes.

Once done, you can try installing again the Scriptorium: use again the same shortcut that you have created the last time, and if the installer still gives error, attach again the Log.txt file.

Test Subject
#100 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 5:33 PM
When I entered the adress you direct to in your post I end up at J:\Games\EA GAMES\The Sims2 ContentManager

I guess this counts as an error?

This problem probably appeared because I switched harddrives not long ago (though I renamed them the same, so I thought it would work).

But I guess I should use the file when I can download it, right?

/Sunnie
Page 4 of 26