Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#76 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 4:17 AM
Ari, just to check out before I investigate more, what language is your CAW on? If finnish like mine, the lamps name is kujakirkastus searching with either "light" or "valo" in CAW should pop it up.
Advertisement
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#77 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 1:07 PM
Oh yeah, I got mine in english. : D "light" didn't work before, so maybe it'll come up in finnish!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#78 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 12:18 AM
Thanks for that, Armiel!

I've put a link to it in the first post, so that people will find it easliy. Great work!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#79 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 6:33 PM
The Streetbrite light still doesn't show up in my CAW. I downloaded other stuff from this thread, and they worked, but the light didn't... Does the light work for someone else? : o

Also, I realized something! Would it be possible to make various effects (Bridgeport's pigeons, France's train, Twinbrook's fireflies...) found in EA worlds downloadable just like the 'swamp ground fog' object...? It would certainly make it easier to get these awesome effects into more custom worlds!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 7:09 PM
Arisuka- I haven't had chance to test the streetlight, I'll try it later.

About the effects- I'm hoping it is possible, but I haven't found a way. The effects don't seem to have an OBJD (not that I can find, anyway), so I have no idea how to make them show in catalog. The fog seems to be an exception- it is an object as opposed to an effect.

I was trying to make the fog emitter show up in CAW as another approach, but to no avail.
http://www.modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?t=448237
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#81 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 8:01 PM
Ah, so THAT was the thing holding it back, the missing of OBJD... Mysterious, and sucks that EA didn't make all of the effects as the swamp fog object. :/
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#82 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 9:46 PM
Ari, the street light shows up under 'The Streetbrite' in my game:

The one with the flag has the same name as the one without the flag! No wonder it doesn't show up when you search for light, lamp or any other sensible search parameter! Silly EA.

Thanks for modding that one, armiel- it works great!
Screenshots
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#83 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 10:31 PM
Haha, should've known! It is indeed very tedious that they haven't bothered to name objects properly! I can't tell you how many times I've browsed the catalogue through to find the right Late Night billboard...
Test Subject
#84 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 12:44 AM
Simsample thank you so much for the food truck and the apartment mailbox. I had used another foodtruck mod, but it stopped working after Gen. I am so so happy to have a working version of it again. .

Also I hate EA apartments so I always build my own and I always hated having to tear down one of their builds just to get the mailbox. Now thanks to you I don't have to do that anymore.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#85 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 12:23 PM
Thanks for the feedback, LiLSapphire.

I've been trying to figure out why my items still work whereas others have broken, but I can't see why that would be so!
Test Subject
#86 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 12:22 AM Last edited by LiLSapphire : 26th Sep 2011 at 12:45 AM.
NM I reinstalled the parking space mod and now it is showing up.

As to why yours works and others have stopped I think is because you made no changes to it you just made it appear in buydebug where the others made some modifications and had them appear under the misc cars tab.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 12:49 AM
It's a tricky one to spot, that parking space- in case anyone else is having issues, it looks like this:

The thumbnail is nothing like it looks in-game!

You may be right about the mod- mine is exactly as the original version except for the catalog placement.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#88 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 10:48 AM
Simsample well it seems EA did it again and only made the icecream truck for the new world. Are you going to be doing a mod so we can have it in other towns like you did for the food trucks? Your mods are very reliable and I trust your mods to keep working, so i would Love it if you did.

Thanks Lil
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#89 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 12:57 AM
Thanks LiLSapphire, I may well add the Ice cream truck when I get chance, there are a few other items missing too according to this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=458393

I did notice though that STW has liberated the Ice Cream truck already here:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/451036.page

Perhaps you could try that one out and see if it works for you!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#90 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 2:24 AM
I've read many times that the ice cream truck will appear in all worlds... : O But should've known, it's EA after all. On a sidenote: MAN that animal control van is AMAZING. I want my sims to be able to ride that beast, WHOA!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#91 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
I've read many times that the ice cream truck will appear in all worlds... :

Perhaps we don't need the truck to be available in-catalog, then? I only got Pets earlier today so haven't had chance to figure things out yet!
Test Subject
#92 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 2:39 AM
The Ice cream truck should appear in all worlds. It does in my custom world at least; which is designated as a city. It also has a map tag and usually drives around residential areas.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#93 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 3:44 AM
Thanks for the information, Pyronium3!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#94 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 10:39 PM
I updated the first post with some items from Pets- and some links to other liberated Pets items, in case you missed them.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#95 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 12:53 AM
So typical of EA, instead of making an actual Sasquatch (a random "sim" you could run into in the woods, or your sim being transformed as in TS2)... we get a cardboard picture. : P Anyway, thanks to you all for the fast job of enabling all this stuff!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 1:48 AM
I'm a big fan of the standees, they made the cow in Riverview, the Jackalope in Twinbrook and the Camel for WA. And now this one! I love 'em!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#97 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 8:25 PM
Any chance of unlocking the hitching posts/feeding stations for the horses so they don't have to only be on lots?

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#98 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 10:29 PM
What a good idea, heaven- they would be most useful in-game!

I put them in the first post, could you test them for me please?

They seem to work okay:
Screenshots
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#99 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
What a good idea, heaven- they would be most useful in-game!

I put them in the first post, could you test them for me please?

They seem to work okay

Wow! You are fast! I will test them either later today or tomorrow for sure! Definitely showed in in CAW, now just to test in game.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 8:16 PM
Hi simsample,
I cannot get my world to export with the two arch bridge. I have tried on multiple occasions, testing all other objects and it seems like this is the one causing problems.
I have the bridges in my mods folder and CAW packages folder.. I also tried just for fun removing the file from the mods folder, but still nothing.
I can get it to export the moment I remove the two arch bridge.
Unfortunately, I did not try exporting the world before I installed Pets.. Not sure if that would affect it?
This was also the only object from this post that I was using in my world.
If you would like me to get any information for you, let me know.
Page 4 of 11