Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 11:24 PM
Default Using inventory on community lots
Hey guys . Is there any way to enable inventory use on a community lot? I thought it would be cool if I (my sim) could carry around a laptop or something, and use it at like a cafe' / coffee shop or something.

If it ain't broken don't fix it.
If it is broken, find me some duct tape
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 1:23 AM
Only if you have OFB and your sim owns the community lot. There might be hack, but if there is one it would most likely require game code that came with OFB.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Only if you have OFB and your sim owns the community lot. There might be hack, but if there is one it would most likely require game code that came with OFB.

Okay , thanks for the suggestion though.

Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 3:31 AM
You want this, if you are not averse to hacks:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=132485

The latest update, which I can confirm works fine through FreeTime, is on the last page of the comments. I don't know if it works if you have Apartment Life...because I don't have Apartment Life.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad

The latest update, which I can confirm works fine through FreeTime, is on the last page of the comments. I don't know if it works if you have Apartment Life...because I don't have Apartment Life.

I do have apartment Life, It's worth a Try . Thank you iCad ^^

#6 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 9:22 PM
Thanks for the link, iCad.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Undead Molten Llama
#7 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
Thanks for the link, iCad.

You're welcome.

It's a fun hack that allows for some fun stuff. Like, I have my violinist tote his violin downtown to busk on street corners for a living. It's kind of fun. I know I could have him play a piano at one of the lots that has one, too...but that just doesn't seem right. Just because you can play a violin like a madman doesn't mean that you can play a piano, too. Doing stuff like this works especially well when used in conjunction with theCommunity Time hack. They can truly busk as a "job" then and don't have to live the time they spend on the community lot over again.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 3:34 AM
I suggest a hack , better than having just an OFB expansion ..coz even if you have OFB you wont be able to unlock your Sim's inventory..you can only use things in your inventory when youve purchased that community lot... and you totally need a hack for it... coz I myself not using a hack..just plain things for my sims and thats what I found out...hope this helps

http://www.kathflores.com
"Every color has its definition and that is what ART is...Defining who you are"
Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 4:55 PM
This is exactly what I searched thank you so much for the link :D
Inventor
#10 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 8:47 PM Last edited by Softlism : 19th Jan 2022 at 8:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by iCad

Is there currently a version of this mod that's compatible with the Ultimate Collection? Does the version of Post #48 in that thread also works for other players? https://modthesims.info/download.ph...600#post1867600
Mad Poster
#11 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 9:14 PM
@Softlism -I've got the version in your link which is for BV and am currently using it in UC and it's working for me as buy mode is enabled whenever I visit an unowned community lot in my BACC game.
Alchemist
#12 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 10:36 PM
Agree with TadOlson--I even posted on the thread last year that it works with all EPs.

Unless you see other simmers specifically mention that something doesn't work with UC, you can assume that an AL/MG version, or something that works with all EPs is compatible with UC--or, at the very least is safe to try. TS2 mods don't go by patch or anything, just latest EP, or occasionally SP.

Fun fact, though; UC isn't actually the most updated version, the TS2 Store Edition is, but for some reason EA forgot to include it in the UC. So yeah, don't think that the UC is like, too new/updated for anything. Usually when I see simmers having trouble and needing a UC specific version it's with a simming related program (like HCDU, SimPE, Scriptorium, etc.) not recognizing the install location. For regular mods, you probably shouldn't worry about needing a UC specific version.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
Is there currently a version of this mod that's compatible with the Ultimate Collection? Does the version of Post #48 in that thread also works for other players? https://modthesims.info/download.ph...600#post1867600

Yes, that's the one, It works from OFB and above. Doesn't matter if that's disk, Origin or a download.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 11:02 PM
I only had an issue once where I'd forgotten to add something to my community lot and only noticed wheil my sims were visting it and had to send them home to save the home and exit to edit the town so I could fix that issue by entering the lot in buy mode.That's one issue to watch out for though it enables buying objects for a home or buying extras in edit mode on the community lot so families can "buy" them to take them home.