Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 12:57 AM
Default Help with Rick's Method
Hi. I was dreading posting here simply because I don't want to break any rules... and I love to learn. I loaded all the prescribed programs (milkshape 3d and echo's postal program) to mesh; as well as the plug-ins ect... and I was going though the wiki tutorial for meshing for sim3. However, the link for "Rick's Method" is no longer working.

And I have been looking through the forum for something simple to explain how to do it... Maybe I missed it.

Is there a link for us? or has the method been updated with something else?

Thank you for any help.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 1:59 AM
No need for dread What is it you're trying to mesh...objects, clothes...? The tutorials section is probably a better place to look for instructions...the Wiki isn't always completely up to date.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 4:48 PM
I believe the "Rick's method" referenced in the wiki page is just the guide on how to install .package CC using the .dll file last year.
This is no longer necessary if you had patched to 1.12 or later. The guide can be found under Help menu up top.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 9:44 PM
Actually the wiki that I was referring to was/is a tutorial. It's on the sticky above "Milkshape 3d plug-ins Geom". (Second from bottom of the first page). http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorials:Modifying_a_TS3_Mesh#Questions_and_Answers

I was going though it (step by step) And successfully changed the aviator glasses... I wanted to learn how to mesh clothing. Now I'm trying to put the new mesh back into the game.

I have game update 1.14.11 if that's what your referring? I'm a little afraid of upgrading it again because of the CAW Problem they gave us last time. Thank you both for the Help ...I'll try the guide you gave me Ellacharm... Thank you! and I hope it helps someone else that's is as confused as me.
Alchemist
#5 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 2:14 AM
Well, I think keeping up with the S3 modding Wiki while things have been changing so quickly over the past year or so would be a job that's for sure. Things got Wiki-fied before the relevant process was stable and now it's a major task to prune them out. And it seems like it's tough to weed out the links to outdated Wiki stuff too...those links are all over the place.

IMO, people should just be aware that the most up-to-date information about S3 meshing can be found in the tutorials section here and *not* the Wiki, although progress is being made. If someone is having trouble with something they find in the Wiki it's not a bad idea to post a question about it in the meshing forum just like you did. The worst that would happen is you get better information...best that happens is the Wiki gets another update if needed.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 6:16 AM
I had tried the other day but CS3 forums were having issues. The links are now updated.
I usually update wiki pages on the fly when I find outdated information, and happen to know the current info. I don't touch the Authors' threads, though, as I don't have permissions. But even if I did, I won't edit other's tutorial posts (other than in Help )
Which is why, I believe wiki has more up-to-date info than some tutorial threads, especially where the authors are no longer active.

Wiki is a community-driven compendium of information, and we need everyone's help in maintaining the information so it stays correct and up-to-date. Well barring the spammers, and incorrect info in pages which would result in edits being rolled-back, that is. So, everyone is welcome to pitch in with edits and tidy-up if you want.

Usual etiquette applies, of course: enough ridiculous/erroneous edits would get one banned from the wiki.

The admins and mods moderate those pages, and if you have a question, just right in the page's Talk/Discussion page or PM one of the mods in charge of the forum or in Site Issues here if you feel it needs immediate attention.