Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 8:59 AM
Default Problem with Create New Obj Inst and Snap Into
Hello, good people. I'm tweaking an amazing horse set from Feenwald to get a sim on a horse without having to go to the buy mode. But I encountered two big problems:

1. First, I need the saddle to "magically" appear on the horse after choosing this option from the menu of the horse. I tried to use Create New Object Instance. I chose the option 04 ("place in stack object's slot 0x0000"), all the other operands are set to 00 (apart from the GUID, of course). Nothing happens. I only managed to create the object out of world and then finding location for it next to the horse ("relative to local 0x0000"), not on the same tile.

2. Then I tried snapping a sim into the horse but I didn't succeed either . First, I made my sim come near the horse then she was supposed to appear on the horse (or rather the saddle as it has a proper slot for the sim) and assume the right pose but instead she just stopped the action. No error or anything. I used this:

Snap Into (Object: My 0x000B (object id),
Target: Stack Object ID 0x000,
Slot: 0x00,
TEST ONLY: False,
Reset root bones: False

The best I could do was to make her come near and assume the position next to the horse. I've never used the Snap Into primitive before but did my best to learn about it.

Yeah, I guess I'm somewhat dumb at coding but at least I'm determined and eager to learn. :D
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 2:07 PM
I'm not familiar with the "amazing horse set from Feenwald" so I don't know what slots the meshes have but I have done (in A&N) with Rebeccah's horses what you want to do. To place a saddle on the horse the op-code changes the mesh to one with the saddle using [prim 0x0002] Expression (Stack Object's 0x0000 (graphic) := Literal 0x0002), removing the saddle uses the same thing, [prim 0x0002] Expression (Stack Object's 0x0000 (graphic) := Literal 0x0001). This enables a sim to ride the horse using slot 0 with or without a saddle.

Getting the sim onto the horse uses the same op-code you use, in your case if you are trying to snap the sim into the saddle instead of the horse then the target id (Stack Object ID 0x000) must be the saddle not the horse.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 4:01 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I think they mean this set: http://www.feenwald.com/en/posenboxen/posenbox02.php

Exactly. Sorry I wasn't specific earlier. The thing is the horse and the saddle are two different objects, and if I'm not mistaken, the "graphic" bit refers to another mesh within one object. So what I'm trying to do is simply to make one object appear on exactly the same tile as another object. The two objects in question can be placed on the same tile without using any cheats so I don't really understand why the saddle doesn't appear when I use the "Create New Object Instance" primitive to "summon" it.
Scholar
#5 Old 28th Apr 2020 at 11:58 AM
To create the saddle item on the same tile as the horse then provided at least one is initialized to allow object intersection, set Param 0 to be the horse and use:
[prim 0x002A] Create New Object Instance (GUID {saddle GUID},
place: below object in Param 0,
Create object normally,
fail if tile is non-empty: False,
pass Temp 0 to main: False,
move in a new Sim: False,
copying design mode materials from object in Temp 5: False)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 8:39 AM
Ok, I'll do that. Thank you so much for help. :D
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 10:41 PM
Hallo Haley,
I modified Dragonslaves horses for my own purpose and added slots - I wanted to be able to move horses and saddle together.
If you want, I cant send you this version, the option place in stack object's slot should work with this version of the horses, because they actually have slots.

Fairy Forest - Downloads for the Sims
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd May 2020 at 9:55 PM
Default Thanks
Quote: Originally posted by julsfels
Hallo Haley,
I modified Dragonslaves horses for my own purpose and added slots - I wanted to be able to move horses and saddle together.
If you want, I cant send you this version, the option place in stack object's slot should work with this version of the horses, because they actually have slots.

Hallo, Good Fairy : D
If you mean "can send you" (I'm not sure), I would appreciate that very much!