Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 3:02 PM
Default WCIF a mod to remove the online options?
Looking for a mod to remove the facebook/twitter integration, along with the Sims 3 Player profile from my game. I don't use any of this stuff and i don't want it in my game.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 3:16 PM
Eh, simply don't touch it? Just ignore that option as if it's not there. Also, unitck "enable online notifications" and you won't be bothered again.

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
Eh, simply don't touch it? Just ignore that option as if it's not there. Also, unitck "enable online notifications" and you won't be bothered again.

I did untick that. but i have to keep doing it everytime my graphics card drivers update and resets all the settings... I'd prefer to remove social media integration entirely.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by devicemodder1
I did untick that. but i have to keep doing it everytime my graphics card drivers update and resets all the settings... I'd prefer to remove social media integration entirely.
To do that you'd have to mod it out; far better to just ignore it as advised. For the graphics driver thing- I don't know why EA chose to do it this way, that the options are reset every time the driver updates. What I always did was to set my options as I wanted them, then make a backup of the Documents/ Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3/ Options.ini file. Then, if your driver gets updated, just go into the current Documents/ Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3/ Options.ini file and copy the 'Last Device' number, paste it into your backup, then replace the current file with the amended backup. That way the new device ID is written into your options backup file. Don't forget to make a fresh backup of the options.ini file with your new device ID in it.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
To do that you'd have to mod it out; far better to just ignore it as advised. For the graphics driver thing- I don't know why EA chose to do it this way, that the options are reset every time the driver updates. What I always did was to set my options as I wanted them, then make a backup of the Documents/ Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3/ Options.ini file. Then, if your driver gets updated, just go into the current Documents/ Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3/ Options.ini file and copy the 'Last Device' number, paste it into your backup, then replace the current file with the amended backup. That way the new device ID is written into your options backup file. Don't forget to make a fresh backup of the options.ini file with your new device ID in it.

Looks like this is the easiest way then. thanks, i'll be sure to make a backup.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 6:06 PM
If you wanted to look in to modding those buttons out, you'd be best off asking in the Sims 3 modding forum. I haven't played Sims 3 for a while but I have a feeling this would be a core mod as it's overriding the UI. In that case, you would be making something that would not work with other core mods that mod the UI (for example, Awesomemod). Other more prolific Sims 3 players might know more detail, @Igazor might be good to ask!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
If you wanted to look in to modding those buttons out, you'd be best off asking in the Sims 3 modding forum. I haven't played Sims 3 for a while but I have a feeling this would be a core mod as it's overriding the UI. In that case, you would be making something that would not work with other core mods that mod the UI (for example, Awesomemod). Other more prolific Sims 3 players might know more detail, @Igazor might be good to ask!

In addition to the modding forum board here, this might be a good question to ask of our developer at NRaas, on our creatively entitled Developer Discussion board, at least for the part about core mod interference. I wouldn't actually know how deep one would have to get to mod that interface, or if it's even possible.

My fear would be that only removing the choices from the interface possibly without a way to keep them set to "off" or unchecked wouldn't actually stop the settings from changing whenever the options are reset on the player, it would only remove their ability to see them and put them back again without having to interact with the Options.ini file -- that's not going to help and probably isn't what you meant anyway, it would only serve to make things more complicated for the player. What would really be required would be an automated way to set those settings to off and keep them that way, verifying on each startup. Not sure that a mere mod can actually do that, it might require something more like a custom startup utility executable to override the default ones.