Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 3:20 AM
Default Hair?
Okay, I don't know if I'm going crazy or what..but earlier today (6-24-09), I downloaded some various new hairstyles off the site. After having issues with them not showing in the game, I figured I'd come back here to re-read the bleeping manual and see if there were any tips and...lo and behold, I can't find anything Sims 3 Hair related! Am I missing something?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 5:16 AM
Well, we don't have any new hairstyles here - there's not any new hair meshes yet. If you downloaded styles from the Sims 3 Store, you need to double-click the sims3files and let the launcher install them. Then in the Launcher, look at the Installed Content tab (I think it's called that - something close anyway) and you'll need to select all the new stuff and click Install.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 5:10 PM
*facepalm*

I figured out what I did...I was actually in the Sims 2 section, but I thought I was in the Sims 3 section...how embarrassing, LOL. Sleep is underrated.
Scholar
#4 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 2:40 PM
peppy sims has one its in testing and does seem to cause crashing, it also replaces the mohawk so one does exist and i think some one at gos made one buts didnt release it becuase it replaced a hair as well

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 2:46 PM
Yeah, things have sort of exploded within the past few days - I've got a replacement one I'm working on that's almost done too, and non-defaults are coming soon as well (Delphy's got one about halfway working).

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#6 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 1:27 AM
thats cool, will be really nice to see non-defaults.

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008