Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 10:22 AM Last edited by xptl297 : 5th Oct 2012 at 2:24 PM.
Default Link reference (solved)
Could someone please give me a short explanation or link me to a good one.
I would like to change the mesh import order when I import a mesh. I mean, every time I make a new mesh, I care that all the subsets are already in the correct order for importing in SimPE but this doesn't go smoothly. The link reference proceeds in a way I still don't understand and I end up with objects that are difficult to grab.
I'm playing with very difficult constructions where sims have to move inside closed objects and it is crucial important that all my objects have clear grabbing point.
If I'm not clear enough, what I mean is:
Geometric Data container - Groups
Prim.Type: Link Reference: Opacity:

The bolded item is the one I want to understand and manipulate.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 10:50 AM
hi xptl
i dont think that is the box to edit?
its more a boundingbox issue that needs to be finetuned not?
You can add all meshparts to the bounding mesh in the groups tab but the bounding mesh control(listed under models), the one that lets you edit the box of each seperate meshpart isn't working.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 10:41 AM
Hi Bloom! I think that I already repeated enough that I love you.

Yep, I'm having huge problems with that. Have read all I could and I'm stuck in the same problem.

There is an item in the GMDC group named "Add to Bounding Mesh (by Pinhead)". I never touched it because I didn't find the full explanation up now. What does it change exactly?

Also when I import a mesh, there is an item "Keep order" that I never unchecked, though I'm not really sure of what order I'm keeping.

My problem is that my objects choose their own grab points and I have to struggle sometimes that it is chosen the groundshadow as the main grabbing. All my objects are working perfectly and I'm just fine tuning things, debbuging and creating new interactions. As soon as I understand some small points I'll be safe on my own.
Sorry that I'm so late to find the way again. I came back to check and the forum was down for maintenance. Then I was down for maintenance (caught a cold).
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 8:02 PM
im pretty sure you grab the boundingbox not a object itself, not 100% sure but if you add a new meshpart(or replace) that is bigger or smaller then the original you should add it to the boundingbox so its easier to grab.(but i have no clue if this will change the size of the box or that a 2nd box will be added)
Just make a backup and try it out

In sims 3 each meshpart(group) has its own boundingbox and 2 overall boundingboxes that covers all groups(visual and Model)
But no idea how its with sims 2
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 9:59 AM Last edited by xptl297 : 1st Oct 2012 at 11:36 AM.
It seems that you found the solution for my problem, thanks very much. I tried to download your tutorials Hugelunatic but the computer I'm using right now seems to be incompatible. I'm going to try again from another source. Sorry for the delay to answer but I'm bed sick. Will try as soon I'm better and am sure it will work. Thanks.

OK. Got everything and it was very useful. There were many info I didn't know or simply forgot. I think it will be useful to many other players. At least in my case, I don't fall in complex matters, but hit the ground with my nose exactly with those small details between the lines. Thanks.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator