Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 6:28 PM
Default Metalhead Pose Pack - Preview
So this is a pose pack i'v been working on lately i think it might need some more development that's why i'm here. I need all the possible help for my very first Pose Pack with metal/rock theme. Here's some pics:

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th May 2013 at 6:56 PM
Omg I Want It!and No,you Needn't!it Is Perfect!
dodgy builder
#3 Old 30th May 2013 at 1:22 AM
What I'm saying may just be something you can't fix, or perhaps it comes down to graphic issues ... anyways.

Picture 1: The faces doesn't look right to me, I would probably find a real life model and just make it look like him. I could google some pictures for you, but I need to go to bed zzzzzz. The hands also need some force, now it could just as well have been the inside of their hand lolz.
Picture 2: The girls fingers are too straight. I can't make my fingers that straight. She's also way too nice!
Picture 3: Who is that guy? He just need some real attitude, man!
Picture 4: Hm ... she needs a "below the mouth job" or something. It needs to go more out, and I need a pic of the real thing here, not sure what I'm looking at. Those fingers arn't right, How far out can you stretch your fingers?

Keep on working though, you will get there eventually (didn't someone make this earlier, perhaps not uploaded?)
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 12:48 AM
I like your general idea here There are a few things you can do to really bring the set to "life"--some suggestions will be more difficult than others:

1. Make the bodies really look like they're in motion.

Your photos are closeups, so it's hard to see much beyond the hands and the faces, but it looks like your sims are all just standing straight up. When I think of people really getting into a song, metal or otherwise, I think of them dancing and shaking around, not standing still. Even a small change like widening the stance and making the sim look like they're in the middle of head banging will help a lot.

2. Unstraighten those fingers!

Even for the classic goat's head, fingers are almost never, ever straight. I know they look straight when you're looking directly at the hand, but try looking from the side--you'll be surprised!

3. Make the expressions match the pose. A good facial expression can really bring a pose to life. What you have right now is about 50% of the way there, but it'll really help if they "match" the action of the pose itself.

a) Is the girl in pic one supposed to be wicked or cute? If she's wicked, adjust the inner corners of her eyebrows so that she looks more devious. If she's cute, her smile is really pinched. The guy looks like he's doing the same pose as in the final pic. I can't quite tell if he's supposed to be angry, though--moving his eyebrows down will help you get that look.

b) This expression looks good--just fix those fingers and you're golden!

c) Also looks good--but is her mouth lopsided? Or is it that her teeth are at the wrong angle?

d) This is the most peaceful headbanger I ever saw, lol. Dude needs some life in his face! And some power in that fist pump! The "angry" expression would be a really good fit for this pose.

Good luck, hope this is helpful!
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: contains useful info, post #4 (pose making)