Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 5:52 PM
Default Couple of questions re Creator Guidelines requirements for TS2 objects
Hi, I've been making and uploading TS3 objects for some time here but have now completed my first TS2 object for upload (when uploads are back online again!) and am trying to learn to fulfil the TS2 Creator Guidelines where they differ from TS3. But there are two that I'm not sure how to comply with:

Quote: Originally posted by Guidelines
Color Enabled

For objects, state whether it is colour-enabled (recolours properly) and EP-ready.

I'm not sure what any of this means. Does "colour-enabled (recolours properly)" mean UV mapped properly, like what we have to show by including a screenie with a checkerboard pattern on our objects in our TS3 uploads? Does "EP-ready" means what Expansion Pack(s) the item requires? Or does it mean something else?

Quote: Originally posted by Guidelines
Poly Count

You must include full, numeric polygon and vertex counts for all meshes in your upload.

In TS3 uploads we only tend to show the poly count without a vertices count, but if a vertices count is needed for TS2, which one do we use, "vertices" or "distinct vertices" (as shown in SelPolyCount in Milkshape)?

Sorry if these sound like terminally n00bie questions! Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 6:14 PM
Colour-enabled = can it be recolored. If you're including recolors, it shouldn't be necessary to put that I'd think. EP-ready? I know old downloads have that in the post quite a lot, but I'm not too sure it matters now. (I know I've never put that in any of my uploads.) The thing that is important about EP's is making sure you check which EP's/SP's your mesh needs to work in someone's game if it's not basegame.

Polycount = polys in MilkShape, faces in SimPE. They should be the same number. (That's the count I've always used. So if that's wrong, someone please correct me!)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 7:58 PM
Thank you for clearing that up! Maybe some of that "colour enabled" and "EP ready" requirement is outdated now, so I'll just fill in the blanks with whatever seems to make sense! And yes, the poly count in Milkshape does indeed turn out to be the same number as SimPE shows for both vertices and faces. Hopefully I'm good to go once uploads are re-enabled, then. Thanks again!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 11:50 PM
You're welcome.

(I have nooo idea how I missed your reply.)