Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 5:44 PM
Default ...a glass/opaque floor that can be used in uploads?
For a house that I plan on uploading, I want to add a small conservatory, but don't have a glass floor. I found one at TSR but it has a TSRAA and the uploader has been inactive for 6 years so I'm not gonna get permission. Are there any alternatives that can be used for uploads?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 6:02 PM
You don't need permission to use a part in a build. Just make a note for your downloaders of what cc they need to have installed in their game for the house to appear as it does in your preview photos. Most cc creators don't want you just adding their stuff to your uploads, but placing a link to needed cc has always been okay.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
You don't need permission to use a part in a build. Just make a note for your downloaders of what cc they need to have installed in their game for the house to appear as it does in your preview photos. Most cc creators don't want you just adding their stuff to your uploads, but placing a link to needed cc has always been okay.

So I'd be able to use the glass floor that I found on TSR?
Scholar
#4 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 6:47 PM
Should be fine. Just provide a link to the items they need to download separately.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 7:01 PM Last edited by WatermelonSandal : 20th Aug 2019 at 6:51 AM.
Great, thanks. It's a shame I didn't check sooner, otherwise I would've been able to cover the walls with patterns I downloaded from there.
Well at least I know for next time.

Update: Here's the conservatory.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 12:41 PM
Just for the future, OP: TSRAA has 2 settings.
If it says TSRAA - Yes, that means you HAVE blanket permission to use the CC in your uploaded lots.
If it says TSRAA - No, then if you use it in your lot and try to upload it to TSR, TSR will BLOCK the upload from going through, and force you to go back in-game and remove the CC flagged as TSRAA-No. (It's a major headache when that happens, trust me.)

That glass rooof you linked is TSRAA-Yes.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
Just for the future, OP: TSRAA has 2 settings.
If it says TSRAA - Yes, that means you HAVE blanket permission to use the CC in your uploaded lots.
If it says TSRAA - No, then if you use it in your lot and try to upload it to TSR, TSR will BLOCK the upload from going through, and force you to go back in-game and remove the CC flagged as TSRAA-No. (It's a major headache when that happens, trust me.)

That glass rooof you linked is TSRAA-Yes.

Thanks for clearing that up - the lot went into the moderation queue yesterday just to make sure the upload info is correct.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 8:46 PM
No problem!
A good bulk of the CC at TSR is set to TSRAA - Yes, buuuut every so often you'll run into a creator that just sets their stuff to No, IDKY.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 11:23 PM
If you want something as vanilla as possible there's always the skylights from ITF. They're on the bulky side but Sims can walk on them like a regular floor and nothing weird happens when you click them. For all intents and purposes, they are regular floor pieces. I can't say the same about DasMatze's skylights but what I can say is that they're very flexible and customizable, if not a bit tedious to place in large amounts.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )