Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2020 at 10:15 PM
Default WCIF a Tutorial
Recently, I was browsing the interwebs when something intresting caught my eye.
wcif a tutorial similar to this one for sims 3?
original tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...656#post2190656
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sparklecraft
Recently, I was browsing the interwebs when something intresting caught my eye.
wcif a tutorial similar to this one for sims 3?
original tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...656#post2190656

You mean for fixing the way the wall warps when using CFE-like in this picture how connecting a garage to a house on a foundation warps the wall? If that is the scenario you are referring to, I am not aware of any tutorials for mods but that is usually "fixed" by using a wallpaper that doesn't use lines or patterns(basicly a flat texture over that section).
Screenshots
Undead Molten Llama
#3 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 5:54 AM
What the tutorial that OP linked to is how to make new walls for TS2 that compensate for the warping that happens when CFE is used. Essentially, you create a texture that's warped in such a way that, when it's applied to a CFE-warped wall, it no longer looks warped because the warped wall stretches it out properly. I'm not certain this can apply to TS3 because it uses an entirely different method of "painting" walls (and everything else) with the whole pattern thing. The way around it, though, is to use wall patterns with no horizontally-oriented patterns, yes. So, vertical wood siding would be OK but not horizontal wood siding.

That said, rather than screwing around making walls, the better thing to do, in TS2, is to replace any warped walls with unleveled walls instead. With those, you can then "paint" them with any texture you like, no special ones needed. But I don't suppose something like that exists for TS3.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.