Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2021 at 8:24 PM
Default Need help with an accessory creating, my polygons "fly away"
Ok. Well, I attach the picture. As you can see, from my point of view, some parts of the necklace just flew away? I don't know.
It's my first necklace, and only second accessory, so I'm not really experienced in this matter.
Don't pay attantion to textures, I didn't waste time to change them, just wanted to check if the shape looks good in game.
What I did:
1. Made a mesh (I use 3ds Max)
2. Exported to Milkshape according to all tutorials (won't describe the process, it worked well with earrings)
3. Exported as .wso
4. Assigned bones in Meshtool
5. Uploaded to TSRW
6. It had some transparant parts
7. I checked if it looks the same in game, it was transparent + those flying things
8. Went beck to Milkshape and in Face menu clicked Face to Front
9. This time everything looked just fine in Workshop as it should have been, same in game, no trancperancy, but it still has the flying things

I've tried repeating those steps with minor differences, but nothing changes and I can't figure out, how to get rid of this glitch.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Valeriya0104
Ok. Well, I attach the picture. As you can see, from my point of view, some parts of the necklace just flew away? I don't know.
It's my first necklace, and only second accessory, so I'm not really experienced in this matter.
Don't pay attantion to textures, I didn't waste time to change them, just wanted to check if the shape looks good in game.
What I did:
1. Made a mesh (I use 3ds Max)
2. Exported to Milkshape according to all tutorials (won't describe the process, it worked well with earrings)
3. Exported as .wso
4. Assigned bones in Meshtool
5. Uploaded to TSRW
6. It had some transparant parts
7. I checked if it looks the same in game, it was transparent + those flying things
8. Went beck to Milkshape and in Face menu clicked Face to Front
9. This time everything looked just fine in Workshop as it should have been, same in game, no trancperancy, but it still has the flying things

I've tried repeating those steps with minor differences, but nothing changes and I can't figure out, how to get rid of this glitch.

I realize this is an old thread but I wanted to respond anyway. I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to TS3 but I can tell you that when you see something like that in TS4 it's because of bone assignments. Specifically, how the mesh is weight painted. I've made a few accessories for TS3 and have always assigned joints with Milkshape. Seems like whatever tool you used to assign joints isn't doing a good job.