Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 10:52 PM Last edited by murfee : 16th Aug 2021 at 3:27 PM.
Default Glowing Accessories woes [RESOLVED]
I’ve been struggling to figure out how to make glowing accessories, but nothing I’m doing is working.

I can't follow Nemiga's tips in the thread here ( https://modthesims.info/showthread....192#post5450192 ), cuz it relies on using accessories with only 1 mesh group, that way you can just swap your mesh with the glowing ACCs already made. But my accessory uses TWO mesh groups (so the blade will glow but the handle won't).

I got SO CLOSE, trying to clone the glowing ITF Plumbot. The blade edge mesh group is actually glowing, but the textures were completely effed up, with the Plumbot textures completely overriding the clothes textures, and the sword itself taking texture of the other accessory I had layered. It was a hot mess, and I don’t know what else to do.

I also tried just manually setting the mesh group's GEOM to the SimRobot shader 0x1C608236 (476086838) in S3PE, since Blyneliaivel noticed that that's the plumbot shader here ( https://modthesims.info/archive/index.php/t-653118.html ). But there was no glow in-game at all.

So I'm stuck.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 3:45 PM
Hi! I also recently tried to solve this problem. Something like that.

Yes, not the best screenshot, but it works. The object has two groups here, blade is recolorable.
My English is very bad, but I'll try to explain.
1. At first, export a GEOM file from the plumbot's foot mesh using GEOM editor (I worked with "afbottomep11botkayla"). Not the whole mesh, only a part that should glow.
2. Then оpen the glasses with two groups, which will be the base for the sword.
3. After this open the group with the glass shader in S3PE and use "replace" to import the GEOM file from plumbot. It will re-write the original glass GEOM.
4. After saving return to TSRW. Base part of the glasses will be the same, but in the second group there will be glowing parts of the plumbob. This group will have settings of SimRobot shader.
5. And that's all. You can import your sword mesh, replace the textures and export.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Aug 2021 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SleepingOwl
Hi! I also recently tried to solve this problem. Something like that.

Yes, not the best screenshot, but it works. The object has two groups here, blade is recolorable.
My English is very bad, but I'll try to explain.
1. At first, export a GEOM file from the plumbot's foot mesh using GEOM editor (I worked with "afbottomep11botkayla"). Not the whole mesh, only a part that should glow.
2. Then оpen the glasses with two groups, which will be the base for the sword.
3. After this open the group with the glass shader in S3PE and use "replace" to import the GEOM file from plumbot. It will re-write the original glass GEOM.
4. After saving return to TSRW. Base part of the glasses will be the same, but in the second group there will be glowing parts of the plumbob. This group will have settings of SimRobot shader.
5. And that's all. You can import your sword mesh, replace the textures and export.

OMG THANK YOU for the steps! I'm going to try this as soon as I get off of work and see how it goes!!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Aug 2021 at 3:27 PM Last edited by murfee : 16th Aug 2021 at 5:47 PM.
IT WORKED!

Thank you again @SleepingOwl ! :lovestruc
Screenshots