Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 16th Jan 2006 at 8:12 PM
ok on t the next Issue, I am so completly helpless. Heres the error message I fixed the one in the previous post.
And Nodes are my favorite. Hee hee.

[02:07:09] Axiom.Core.AxiomException: Cananot create a duplicate material named 'Core/NodeMaterial'.
at Axiom.Graphics.MaterialManager.Create(String name)
at Axiom.Serialization.MaterialSerializer.ParseMaterial(String parameters, MaterialScriptContext context)
at Axiom.Serialization.MaterialSerializer.InvokeParser(String line, Hashtable parsers)
at Axiom.Serialization.MaterialSerializer.ParseScriptLine(String line)
at Axiom.Serialization.MaterialSerializer.ParseScript(Stream stream, String fileName)
at Axiom.Graphics.MaterialManager.ParseAllSources(String extension)
at Axiom.Graphics.MaterialManager.Initialize()
at Axiom.Core.Root.OneTimePostWindowInit()
at Axiom.Core.Root.CreateRenderWindow(String name, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 colorDepth, Boolean isFullscreen, Int32 left, Int32 top, Boolean depthBuffer, Boolean vsync, Object targetHandle)
at Axiom.Utility.TechDemo.Configure()
at Axiom.Utility.TechDemo.Setup()
at Axiom.Utility.TechDemo.Start()
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 16th Jan 2006 at 8:48 PM
Ok finaly I got it up! Blaaaaa
#53 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 2:02 AM Last edited by Ichigo1986 : 19th Jan 2006 at 10:06 AM.
I dont get it.. How come when you down load a full sim2package why do they leave some things out?
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 1:16 PM
This is so Irritating. When I start the program up, I get an error.

"Application has generated and exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0xaf8 (2808), Thread id=0xafc (2812)

Click OK to termiate the application.
Click Cancel to debug the application.

[OK] [Cancel]
-------------------------
What do I do?
Nearly alive
Original Poster
#55 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CuteDoggyPal
This is so Irritating. When I start the program up, I get an error.

"Application has generated and exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0xaf8 (2808), Thread id=0xafc (2812)

Click OK to termiate the application.

[OK] [Cancel]
-------------------------
What do I do?

Does it give any other error code?

Have you got the microsoft .net runtime installed.

And also what country are you from, if from continental europe then it could be that your computer is set to use "," as a decimal symbol instead of "." (as the program expects). To check this, goto the control panel and open the Regional and language options. Then click on the customize button (in the window which should have opened), then another window will open and in that there will be a entry called "Decimal Symbol" and in the text box will either be a "," or a "."

If it is a "," change it to a "." and click okay and okay again. Then the program should work (remember to change it back to the "," after you have finished with the program else it could effect some of your other programs.)

This is a bug that I never got around to fixing.
Test Subject
#56 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 6:22 AM
Okay, I use 3DSM 8, but the HL2 SMD importer doesn't work for version 8, I think. If someone could confirm this, or explain how to get the plug-in to work in version 8, it would be greatly appreciated!
Test Subject
#57 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 6:49 PM
how I can edit Animation
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 3:48 AM
Im not sure how to download it? I dwnload the first then how do i download the update?Im trying to make animations for a new bathtub
Test Subject
#59 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 11:13 PM Last edited by zebra200 : 4th Dec 2006 at 11:42 PM.
Animamation Editor download
I've downloaded the animation editor 3d and 2d. I can open the 2d but not the 3d. I also searched through the threads to see if ii could work it out.

The animation editor shows this:

[06:10:08] *********Axiom 3D Engine Log *************
Copyright © 2003 Axiom Game Engine Project Team.
Version: 0.7.0.19476
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.Net Framework: 1.1.4322.2032

[06:10:08] *-*-* Axiom Intializing
[06:10:08] OverlayElementFactory for type 'BorderPanel' registered.
[06:10:08] OverlayElementFactory for type 'TextArea' registered.
[06:10:08] OverlayElementFactory for type 'Panel' registered.
[06:10:08] Loaded plugin: DirectX9 (Managed DX)
[06:10:08] Loaded plugin: Octree Plugin
[06:10:08] FileSystem codec for C:\Documents and Settings\workshop\My Documents\MTS2_Miche_Anim_editor\animation_editor\Release\sim_editor created.
[06:10:08] System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\Documents and Settings\workshop\My Documents\MTS2_Miche_Anim_editor\animation_editor\Release\sim_editor".
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean file)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFiles(String path, String userPath, String searchPattern)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
at Axiom.FileSystem.Folder.GetFilesRecursive(String path, String pattern, ArrayList files)
at Axiom.FileSystem.Folder.GetFileNamesLike(String startPath, String pattern)
at Axiom.Core.ResourceManager.AddCommonArchive(String name, String type)
at Axiom.Utility.TechDemo.SetupResources()
at Axiom.Utility.TechDemo.Setup()
at Axiom.Utility.TechDemo.Start()
C:\Documents and Settings\workshop\My Documents\MTS2_677326_Miche_Anim_editor

and this.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<EngineConfig xmlns="http://tempuri.org/EngineConfig.xsd">
<FilePath type="Folder" src="C:\Documents and Settings\workshop\My Documents\MTS2_Miche_Anim_editor\animation_editor\Release\sim_editor"/>
</EngineConfig>

The Animation_edit version0_1_4 shows one Blank black box and a common lanquage runtime debugging service box.
"Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process ID=0x118 (280), Thread id= 0xab8 (2744).
Click okay to terminate the application.

I have tried to troubleshoot this myself, but have not been successful.

Zebra200
Alchemist
#60 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zebra200
Could not find a part of the path "C:\Documents and Settings\workshop\My Documents\MTS2_Miche_Anim_editor\animation_editor\Release\sim_editor".

The XML config file in your post shows the same directory name as quoted above for the "folder".
Were I having a similar problem, I would look and see of I had such a directory, or if that is a misspelling of some other directory.
Then I would either create a directory with that name or fix the config file to contain the right name and try again.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#61 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 12:41 PM
Default Anim Edit Download
Thanks,
Okay, I got it I think.Here are my changes and log.So you can see what I did. Am I missing anything?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<EngineConfig xmlns="http://tempuri.org/EngineConfig.xsd">
<FilePath type="Folder" src="C:\Documents and Settings\workshop\My Documents\MTS2_677326_Miche_Anim_editor"/>
</EngineConfig>

[07:21:30] *********Axiom 3D Engine Log *************
Copyright © 2003 Axiom Game Engine Project Team.
Version: 0.7.0.19476
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.Net Framework: 1.1.4322.2032

[07:21:30] *-*-* Axiom Intializing
[07:21:30] OverlayElementFactory for type 'BorderPanel' registered.
[07:21:30] OverlayElementFactory for type 'TextArea' registered.
[07:21:30] OverlayElementFactory for type 'Panel' registered.
[07:21:30] Loaded plugin: DirectX9 (Managed DX)
[07:21:30] Loaded plugin: Octree Plugin
[07:21:30] FileSystem codec for C:\Documents and Settings\workshop\My Documents\MTS2_677326_Miche_Anim_editor created.
[07:21:30] ---RenderSystem capabilities---
[07:21:30] -Available texture units: 8
[07:21:30] -Maximum lights available: 8
[07:21:30] -Hardware generation of mip-maps: yes
[07:21:30] -Texture blending: yes
[07:21:30] -Anisotropic texture filtering: yes
[07:21:30] -Dot product texture operation: yes
[07:21:30] -Cube Mapping: yes
[07:21:30] -Hardware stencil buffer: no
[07:21:30] -Hardware vertex/index buffers: yes
[07:21:30] -Vertex programs: yes
[07:21:30] -Max vertex program version: vs_3_0
[07:21:30] -Fragment programs: yes
[07:21:30] -Max fragment program version: ps_3_0
[07:21:30] -Texture compression: yes
[07:21:30] -DXT: yes
[07:21:30] -VTC: no
[07:21:30] -Scissor rectangle: yes
[07:21:30] -Hardware Occlusion Query: yes
[07:21:30] -User clip planes: yes
[07:21:30] -VertexElementType.UBYTE4: yes
[07:21:30] -Infinite far plane projection: no
[07:21:30] Creating viewport rendering from camera 'MainCamera', relative dimensions L:0,T:0,W:1,H:1, Z-Order:100
[07:21:30] Viewport for camera 'MainCamera' - actual dimensions L:0,T:0,W:376,H:480
[07:21:31] Mesh: Loading 'ogrehead.mesh'...

When I open the program I get the program display plus another box that is separate called. Axiom. Scene Managers. Octree. TerrainScene manager.(Which is completely black, except for the title in white letters). Is that suppose to happen?

Zebra200
Test Subject
#63 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miche
As the original thread is getting so long, I`ve started this one so that if anyone has any problems running it or using it they can post them in here.
I don't wanna revive a thread but I was looking for some help with editing the animation on a custom object. I see the list of ANIM resources in SimPE, but when I extract those files, I just get an XML file and a .5an or .5gd file. And none of the programs out there (Milkshape, Miche's convertor, etc) are of use with those files. Any tips?

OH SNAP!
Test Subject
#64 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 5:14 PM Last edited by EseldeeProductions : 4th Jul 2012 at 5:26 PM.
Default Error Message
I am new to animation, but an error message keeps appearing. It appears right after I have completed everything in SimPE, and pops up when I go to "Extra" and "Run Sims 2".

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SimPe.PathProvider.get_SimsApplication()
at SimPe.MainForm.Activate_miRunSims(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I ignored it the first time, and the animation box ended up not showing in the Sims 2. I read somewhere online that the cause could be from CEP not installing correctly. I installed it again, and the message still showed up.

I noticed at the very beginning fo creating my posebox, the "Paul's Reaction Test Object" doesn't actually show a picture of the box, but an "x" instead.

Sorry if this isn't posted in the correct place, and thanks for any help. I've been ripping my hair out about this for hours on end.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed In-Game that some objects are "blinking" blue. I'm assuming that something is wrong with CEP? I had it installed in my game before, and it worked fine. I ended up uninstalling all fo ym sims games, and installed them back a couple of weeks ago. Any idea why CEP would have worked every other time except for this time? Thanks.
Page 3 of 3