Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

50+ Custom Hair Dump [Maxoid Hair System]

by redandvidya Posted 21st Dec 2020 at 4:20 AM - Updated 18th Nov 2021 at 4:57 AM by redandvidya : alright, everything should be ok by now

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 7:54 AM
Thanks, looks modern and it's maxis-matched
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 8:34 AM
This download is different than what I'm used to... You need to download it in order or something. Anyone else getting that part 4 is corrupt?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 9:26 AM
I'm firmly a Pooklet/Io texture user, but these textures look really nice, and the convenience of having so many meshes in matching textures in one place... well, it would make it so easy to make a Maxis Match game that I'm suddenly thinking up excuses to start a new hood! I love the visible strands and sheen, much nicer than the flat lumps of plasticine I see from a lot of MM players' pics, and the selection of meshes is a good variety too.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 9:55 AM Last edited by redandvidya : 21st Dec 2020 at 10:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by StaySabrina
This download is different than what I'm used to... You need to download it in order or something. Anyone else getting that part 4 is corrupt?

Have you removed all the number files from the download? I think MTS does that sometimes.'

Update: I tested everything and after removing the numbers the download works fine.
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 10:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by redandvidya
Have you removed all the number files from the download? I think MTS does that sometimes.

Update: I tested everything and after removing the numbers the download works fine.

Must have been MTS, because although I received an error message, it appears to have worked! My sims are now enjoying their new hairstyles. And they look great Thanks for helping me as well!
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 11:01 AM
Wow!! Great job!! I'd love to have these in my game!
One question though, would you perhaps consider listing the polycounts? I'm guessing the 3t2 hairs have reasonable polycounts? But my concern is really the non-maxis hairs. Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 12:53 PM
[QUOTE=LinneaGL]Wow!! Great job!! I'd love to have these in my game!
One question though, would you perhaps consider listing the polycounts? I'm guessing the 3t2 hairs have reasonable polycounts? But my concern is really the non-maxis hairs. Thank you so much![/QUOTE

I think the hair with the biggest polycount is around 20k.. I don't think there's any hairs higher than that For what it's worth, my friend tested this on her pretty weak PC and all hairs were fine, so take of that what you will
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 3:20 PM
Wow, it must have been a ton a work to retexture so many hairs! Thanks for sharing this with us.
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 5:25 PM
This looks great! Could you think about retexture hair in the game using your texture or make some of those hair as a default replacement?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gilraen_tinuviel
This looks great! Could you think about retexture hair in the game using your texture or make some of those hair as a default replacement?

follow me on my tumblr @simstate, more hairs coming soon 0.o
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 7:57 PM
follow me on my tumblr @simstate, more hairs coming soon 0.o

Thank you. I will.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 4:24 AM
Question - you included the meshes in the download, if I already have some of these meshes from downloading the original hair will that cause problems, or can I just add this set without going through and removing duplicate meshes?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 7:36 AM
Thank you so much! I've always wanted a mod like this! I just started the game back up after a while and was able to download a bunch of my favorite meshes with beautiful textures in one go. No simblr hunts necessary to start enjoying the game! :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Question - you included the meshes in the download, if I already have some of these meshes from downloading the original hair will that cause problems, or can I just add this set without going through and removing duplicate meshes?

Depends on the file / folder structure, but if I had the choice I'd just take out all the hairs you have and replace them w/ mine to avoid problems. You can try experimenting though.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 7:37 PM
If I remove the original hair, will that cause problems if a sim is currently using that hair?
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 11:43 PM
Have you removed all the number files from the download? I think MTS does that sometimes.'

I'm going to try this now. BC I haven't had the error pop up before. The fact that it is named .part1 and not -part1 may cause that error. You could try to reupload with a name edit to prevent the issue in the future. Thanks for this massive collection!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emmathers
I'm going to try this now. BC I haven't had the error pop up before. The fact that it is named .part1 and not -part1 may cause that error. You could try to reupload with a name edit to prevent the issue in the future. Thanks for this massive collection!

Nah, the thing is that MTS auto adds numbers to every upload so you have to rename files EVERYTIME you download a MTS parted download.

If you are having an issue, I suggest this SFS link: https://www.simfileshare.net/download/2198027/

No more parting since SFS allows files larger than 50 MB
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 6:06 PM
Amazing thank you so much for y'all's hard work
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 4:59 AM
Wow!! I'm so happy to see this, because I recently got a new computer and have been setting up TS2 to play on it. Playing in higher resolution a lot of hairs I used to really like just look blurry and yuck, no fault of the people who created them 10 years ago of course, but I was sad about it. I'm excited to try these in my game.

You said you wanted to do more, and I always really liked fanseelamb's hairs if you're looking for others to retexture, but I'm sure whichever ones you choose will be great!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 10:41 AM
Omg I love these hairs thank you!!!
Forum Resident
#22 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 4:41 PM
These are very nice hairs, BUT...

Caveat user - some of these hairs are defective, and may result in your Sim turning into a solid black shadow. I wound up running them through Wardrobe Wrangler and pitching out any that had the ".NET FRAMEWORK 1.1" error - there were several.

(Had to pitch out a lot of custom clothing, too - same issue.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Maven

Caveat user - some of these hairs are defective, and may result in your Sim turning into a solid black shadow. I wound up running them through Wardrobe Wrangler and pitching out any that had the ".NET FRAMEWORK 1.1" error - there were several.

Hairs ? Defective? I've playtested this hair dump in my own personal game for MONTHS and no problems so far. The issue is probably on your end.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Maven

That's not a content error; it sounds like you need to repair your .net framework installation.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 12:57 AM
Anybody running Windows 8 or higher is SOL with the .net framework. The lowest you can get is .NET Framework 3.5, which supposedly supports 1.1 (but don't count on it).

It's only some of the hairs, so the person reporting "no problems" may not have hit a bad one yet.
Page 1 of 2