Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 9:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I think BO's No Sim Loaded is deleting Monique's Hacked Computer's bank accounts.
My sim is playing on an apartment, and deposited 50000 for when they move out. It sat there with no problems for almost a week, I think, did all this in one sitting. No problems so far.

I saved the game, went back to the neighborhood view. Forgot to take the money out, so I loaded them back. NSL did it its job as usual (I think it said it deleted 2 tokens and fried 1 controller), but when I checked their bank account, the simoleons have been wiped out. I had to add in the money back using cheats and will now manually calculate how much the interest would've increased the amount in 1 week.

Has anyone had a similar problem before?
If it's of any use, I'm using NSL's SPECIAL edition (so it doesn't delete gossip), and SigmundSims's 4t2 conversions for Monique's Hacked Computer.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 12:01 AM
I actually really doubt this is NSL. Monique's stuff will have its own unique GUID, and it's not really possible to delete stuff without knowing the GUID and purposefully searching for specifically that one. However, I have heard people complain that some of Monique's mods can have issues like this.
Alchemist
#3 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 3:04 AM
Agreed; I have both mods in game and haven't experienced this issue. But if you really think it's NSL, I would test them in a clean game to be sure.

Otherwise, has your hood experienced a reset lately? Perhaps from installing a new mod? Or maybe did you take out Monique's computer or the banking files for a moment during testing something else, etc.? Usually, when I lose bank data stored in Monique's computer it's because of a reset or because I accidentally took out the mod for a moment. I used to think it was okay to remove temporarily as long as I didn't load the hood, but I don't think that's the case and now I leave it in at all times. That would be my first guess, but again, to be sure, test in a clean hood.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 3:10 AM
I, too, use both mods in my game. Never had a problem with either of them, despite move ins, move outs, and general game craziness.

it might be (as the posts above me indicate) interference with another mod that is taking the action. But I've never had a problem with either of them in any case.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 3:11 AM
Just in case Midgethetree fixed NSL https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...-sim-loaded-but and you can replace it.
What about Monique's computer, it existed in my game only couple of hours and started to bug out, so I am agree with kestrellyn.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 4:11 PM
It may just be the computer having a hiccup. I use both NSL (the one that doesn't clear gossip) and Monique's Hacked Computer and have never had this problem.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Otherwise, has your hood experienced a reset lately? Perhaps from installing a new mod? Or maybe did you take out Monique's computer or the banking files for a moment during testing something else, etc.?

Oh wow. I haven't taken it out, but yes, I've been gradually putting new mods in game (thought a more Vanilla game would be better for my computer, but screw it, I'm going all in with these fixes lol). I'll take note of that for the future though.

Also, I'm thinking about not using the deposit system at all though, lol. This was my first time doing so actually, and I'm not even sure if the prices go up daily. But searching about it here in MTS, I found the interest rate is 6%! I did the math on my own: 50000 x 0,06 x 7 = it went up by $21000! It was fun, but yeah, I'd love to know if it is updated daily or something like that, in case it's unrealistic/unfair.
Alchemist
#8 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 5:33 PM
No, it's definitely not daily. The interest gets charged every few days. I think the readme says three times a week. I do recommend the banking deposit feature; I think it's the best part of Monique's computer. You can just change the interest rate if you think it's too high; Midgethetree/Radium showed me how: https://modthesims.info/showthread....049#post5628049

As you add mods, I would try and note if any of them cause a hood reset and see if bank data gets accidentally deleted after. I add mods every so often as well and, off the top of my head, can't think of anything that messed with Monique's computer, but I suppose it could happen, especially if it's another computer mod. Or if you put in the global banking files twice (ones from the computer and ones from the atm, etc.).

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 2:07 AM
I think the deposit part of Monique's computer is the best part of it.
the interest is totaled up every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 6 am.
I always put most of the excess money (aside from expenses) into the account because that interest can be extremely lucrative. Of course I'm an equal opportunity banker, too-everyone has an account as soon as they turn 18.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 6:20 AM
I have the same issues too but with loans. tried it two times, different households and it would always wipe out. I. only have supercollection.
Test Subject
#11 Old 22nd Dec 2022 at 9:07 PM
Hi! I'm having the same exact problem in my game, and this thread popped up when I tried googling it. I was wondering if you ever solved this problem and found out what was causing the problem?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th Dec 2022 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by polinachekri
Hi! I'm having the same exact problem in my game, and this thread popped up when I tried googling it. I was wondering if you ever solved this problem and found out what was causing the problem?

Maybe try playing with only the hacked computer mod and see if it works like that? then you would know if it is conflicting with something.