Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Real Body Overlays - Tattoos Updated 12/10/2008

by Morague Posted 13th Jul 2007 at 11:22 PM - Updated 30th Apr 2009 at 12:37 AM by Morague

174 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 167 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 7
Scholar
#151 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 4:34 AM
Thanks! Perfect for Dustin Broke.
Test Subject
#152 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 11:21 PM
Is anybody actually adminning SexySims2.com anymore? I want to download the anatomically correct overlays from there, but I haven't been able to log in since I moved to another state and my IP changed so I can't get my password. Emailed the admins twice already and no response whatsoever, and it's been weeks :/ Would be nice if there was a mirror download somewhere...
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 12:17 AM
Tramp stamps (lower back, above-the-behind tattoo)? Well... now I can see which one of my female Sims are skanks.

I really like the other tattoos, though. Good stuff.
Test Subject
#154 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 10:43 PM
WOW! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 2:49 AM
Thanks Morague for this incredible mod!

Would anyone happen to have the expertise to explain the mesh linking in overlays?.. I've tried linking the "skins" packages to diff. body meshes, but to no avail. From the fact that it works for BBs, I'm assuming that it somehow follows the sim's skintone to whatever mesh it's linked to, -regardless- of the mesh referenced by the "skins" package's 3IDR.

What I desperately hope for is to use an overlay to have the naked sim take on a different bodyshape (but still have the genetic skintone linked to a regular Maxis shape). Does that sound technically absurd?
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 6:24 PM
I love these overlay tattoos. I got one from garden of shadows to, they are awesome since they not a skintone :D
Test Subject
#157 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 1:26 PM
i think i may marry you for this gr8 job!!!
#158 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 4:52 PM
I have had some issues with this technology; with this download specificaly, if I remember correctly.

Anyway, as I reported on another download that uses this technology [which I found before finding *this* thread], whilst looking for a specific tatoo for one of my Vampyre PlantSims, I applied and removed a selection of tattoos to her, and her head went wonky, losing the PlantSim skin on just the head, leaving only the Vampyre overlay [and presumably the EAxis skin I created her with] and a very UGLY-looking Sim [I`m no good at making good-looking Sims, but with just the Vampyre overlay, her face was horrible!].

Later, after I posted that, I had occasion to play her household again, and for some reason the PlantSim skin returned to her head, but the Vampyre overlay vanished, again only from her head.

I`m puzzled. You have any ideas or suggestions?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#159 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
I have had some issues with this technology; with this download specificaly, if I remember correctly.

Anyway, as I reported on another download that uses this technology [which I found before finding *this* thread], whilst looking for a specific tatoo for one of my Vampyre PlantSims, I applied and removed a selection of tattoos to her, and her head went wonky, losing the PlantSim skin on just the head, leaving only the Vampyre overlay [and presumably the EAxis skin I created her with] and a very UGLY-looking Sim [I`m no good at making good-looking Sims, but with just the Vampyre overlay, her face was horrible!].

Later, after I posted that, I had occasion to play her household again, and for some reason the PlantSim skin returned to her head, but the Vampyre overlay vanished, again only from her head.

I`m puzzled. You have any ideas or suggestions?

Overlay boxes don't work very well with plantsims and werewolves in general, or so I've read.
Sockpuppet
#160 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 2:59 PM
Tattoo overlay is based on suntan overlay, so servo, werewolf, plantsim and bigfoot shouldn't get it .

Quote:
This object generates real body tattoo overlays! No more separate skins for your tattoos Works on all skins except Plantsims & Werewolves.
#161 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 6:02 PM
Oops. ::blush:: Tatoo works fine on her, otherwise. Would removing the tattoo help, or make things worse? Also, what happens if a Sim already wearing a tattoo becomes a PlantSim or Werewolf?

Test Subject
#162 Old 25th May 2010 at 5:52 PM
this is "freakin delicious". i love this mod. i have pandora sims skin and it goes great with it. it didn't nothing. and i used it with a teen, and it grew up with it. Thanks a bunch, it really IS "freakin delicious".
#163 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 6:14 PM
"Tattoo overlay is based on suntan overlay, so servo, werewolf, plantsim and bigfoot shouldn't get it ."
Oh, this explains why one shouldn`t use the Batbox`s Fix Stuck Suntans on lots with Servos running around on them. Does anyone know how to repair "fixed" Servos?

Also, does anyone know if it is safe for someone wearing a tattoo to transition to PlantSim?

Sockpuppet
#164 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 7:32 PM
I tried to apply it on plantsim (by using InSIManetor), it works !
Test Subject
#165 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 8:31 PM
This looks awesome,but why is Seasons needed? Will it work with only Nightlife?
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Legendwind
This looks awesome,but why is Seasons needed? Will it work with only Nightlife?

Can't work w/o Seasons b/c uses the sunburn functionality built into the game - in Seasons, sims can get a sunburn or frostbite layer on top of the skintone. Crudely speaking, these tattoos are recoloured sunburn. No sunburn, no tattoos... =(
Field Researcher
#167 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 2:20 PM
Just wondering if there is any chance of an update to the tutorial that explains what you need to do in order to get tattoos to stick properly? (Last tutorial update was July 2007, not December 2008 like the "stickable" update.)

If not, any chance of an update of the anatomy bits so they stick?

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****
Sockpuppet
#168 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 6:34 PM
In fact, the tutorial is good.

Look at my comment :
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...53&postcount=32
Test Subject
#169 Old 28th May 2011 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MegatronsPet
Can't work w/o Seasons b/c uses the sunburn functionality built into the game - in Seasons, sims can get a sunburn or frostbite layer on top of the skintone. Crudely speaking, these tattoos are recoloured sunburn. No sunburn, no tattoos... =(

Aw man, I was really looking forward to making some tattoos. Sadly I don't own Seasons, kinda wish I saw that before I download and deleted other files.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#170 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 6:36 PM
must you have seasons for this to work?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#171 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 10:02 PM
The tats look really good in-game...Thanks again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#172 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 10:00 PM
Thanks !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#173 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 7:10 PM
Thank you! I love this mod!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#174 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 9:02 AM
great work
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#175 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 12:21 PM
Where the CC tattoos began ... and these still hold up! Thank you!
Page 7 of 7