Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2022 at 12:38 AM
Default Is it safe to delete downloaded sims directly in CAS?
Hi (in advance i'd like to say that I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong category, admins please feel free to move it if necessary).

I'd always heard that it's not safe to delete sims from the sim bin in Sims 2 because it'll cause corruption in the game, but I've never seen anyone saying if it is safe or not to delete the downloaded sims directly from the CAS, so I'm asking you guys because in my game I have a bunch of actually ugly downloaded sims or ones that I'll actually never play with, so I feel like deleting them.

So, is it safe to delete them? I posted below an image of what I mean by deleting sims directly in CAS. Thanks in advance.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Jan 2022 at 1:22 AM
Those are templates, not sims. They're not sims until you give them personalities, aspirations, etc. in CAS and his Save on the entire family you're making them as part of. Once the camera flash goes off, it's too late; before then, delete away.

Deleting a sim from the CAS sim bin will not get rid of any of the CC he brought with him.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 9th Jan 2022 at 4:19 AM
yup it's safe. Like the post above they aren't actually sims until you finalize them with personalities and hitting the accept button and the camera goes poof. I have deleted some bad custom sims that didn't appear right in game even with full CC. So I just deleted the sim but kept the CC that worked and threw the rest out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Jan 2022 at 8:01 PM
Great, thank you so much Peni Griffin and pianogrinder, that's exactly what I needed to know.

That must be a really silly question, but I've been wondering since it's really easy to corrupt Sims 2 with these trappy delete buttons.

Again, thank you so much for answering ^^