Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 12th Feb 2022 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CosmicEcho
I thought this might be a decent place to ask this since several people mentioned it, but if you mostly go by wants and personality and such how do you decide when a couple should break up, if cheating on a partner isn't involved? It's something I'm interested in doing more in my gameplay, because it's pretty realistic, but the way things normally are most couples (aside from ones with Romance sims) seem perfectly content/happy staying together. They rarely argue and when they do, it doesn't do much to their relationship. In fact, it seems really difficult to lower a couple's relationship without mods or having a cheater found out (the couple times I tried to break a couple up recently, it took several days of spamming the argue interaction at every opportunity ).

I can't exactly help, because I do plan out sims lives in various ways, and this is partly why - I like to have some couples who don't stay together. As for how I've achieved break-ups so far, I haven't had many. Sarah Love and Matthew Hart ignored each other, but their relationship didn't really go down, and in the end he did cheat with Jessie Pilferson to make them break up (he would interact with her, endlessly). Tank Grunt and Geoff Jennings eventually fell out of love by sheer absence, but that took a while and they weren't in an official relationship (the General was furious Tank was gay, and so Tank refused to see Geoff in the hope of winning back his father's approval - it didn't work).
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 14th Feb 2022 at 1:06 AM
There's a Break Up Anytime mod for that, so I do not have to work out the mechanics of a break up.

"It's not you, it's me". Sudden and done.

On reflection, it is also very true-to life.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 17th Feb 2022 at 6:07 PM
I've been adding Mods like break up anytime for if I had two sims who were wanting to break off a marriage after fiding they'd rushed into it too fast.I do have ideas for things that would happen in a town written down or typed out in a Wordpad document and that's how my scripted events work in towns created from a blank terrain template.Those events guide me on what to do with the town and where it's headed.
Page 2 of 2