Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 9:24 PM
Default What do you name the Unborn Baby Broke?
Brandi Broke has a baby, and it's ours to name, really.
Because it's always a male clone of her, I call him Brandon.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 9:56 PM
It can be a girl if you have a clean neighborhood; I name him Skip Jr. if it's a boy and Cynthia if it's a girl
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 9:59 PM
Always BillyRay :D

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 11:14 PM
I remember there being a thread about this somewhere and most people have called him "Corey" for some reason. So after reinstalling I decided to name him that. But usually I name him Mark and he's always a romance sim.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 11:47 PM
Ramon !
Alchemist
#6 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 11:54 PM
I don't like reusing names in my alternate Pleasantviews, so it's always different. Once he was called Scott, and once it was Brendan.
Scholar
#7 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 12:32 AM
Trite, but I always use Skip Jr. I think many people use Cory Because then you have Beau,Cory,Dustin. If I did this, I'd name the next child starting with "A", then continue on with E,F,G...etc.Just because.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 1:30 AM
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 5:53 AM
Skip Jr. In memory of dad.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 6:04 AM
I don't know why but I always did Randy for a boy and Randi for a girl. No rhyme or reason, haha.

Marebear<3333
Field Researcher
#11 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 3:15 PM
Bart.

BTW, here's the earlier thread: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=495207
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 4:27 PM
I called him Jacob. I am not sure why, but it seemed to fit him.
Scholar
#13 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 2:47 AM
aborted, Brandi is broke.

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Scholar
#14 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 3:50 AM
I think I called my Brandi's baby Mandy-Just because it rhymes with Brandi and amuses me!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 4:15 AM
Bethie or Dylan, or both. Bethie after her grandma, and Dylan because Brandi seems like the sort to name her kid after a musician.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 1:11 PM
I call him Dudley, after Dudley Landgraab.

Back in 2003, I saw an advertisement for The Sims (PS2) on TV. I said, "I want that!" And the rest is history.
Scholar
#17 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 6:25 PM
Frank

because it went like this in my game;
Beau
C
Dustin
E
Frank

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 6:50 PM
I named her Elizabeth after her grandma, Betty Newbie. She goes by Libby.

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Inventor
#19 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 6:52 PM
Gorgorgorod the Destroyer. Really. Gorgorgorod the Destroyer Broke.

Okay, okay, I kid. I've never actually played the Brokes to the point where Brandi hatches a pup. But if I did, lunacy would surely ensue.

So out of curiosity, why is it that Brandi Broke can birth a normal baby (despite the baby not having paternal genetics) but Samantha Ottomas' babies come out all buggy? Was the programmer who coded Brandi on vacation when Samantha reached the top of Maxis' To-Do list?
Mad Poster
#20 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 7:56 PM
SAMANTHA'S NOT BROKEN!!

Brandi was built in Pleasantview, a main hood. She was made pregnant through normal developmental tools (albeit rather carelessly by modern standards). The pregnancy controller was directed to use her own genetics and the game code was able to handle it.

When the Ottomai and Critturs were created to go into the family bin, they were created in subhoods - specifically, the Seasons and Pets stealth subhoods, respectively. When they were created, the pregnancy controllers were set to recognize Peter and Danny as the fathers, by their ID number.

However, when a subhood is added to an existing hood, sim ID numbers have to change so as not to duplicate existing numbers in the hood, which are unpredictable. At the time of implementation, the programmers did not catch the fact that the pregnancy controller was not correctly picking up on the changing numbers, and were identifying the wrong father. Major glitchiness ensued.

The code was successfully rewritten for the Seasons patch, so if your neighborhood loaded for the first time after the Seasons patch is applied, all subhood pregnancies (including the Ottomas and Crittur pregnancies, and those in subhoods like Tarlia's clean Strangetown and Pleasantview subhoods and my Widespot RFD) will work normally.

The patch is able to redirect the controllers properly at the time the stealth hood is added; therefore, if a neighborhood has loaded the Seasons or Pets stealth hoods prior to being patched, Samantha and Sarah's pregnancy controllers will still be bugged - as will, in all probability, the subhood Strangetown, Pleasantview, and Widespot RFD. Yes, Brandi's pregnancy should become bugged in this case, since Tarlia fixed the genetics to correctly ID a fixed, full-character-data Skip as the father. It is probable that the player can deal with this directly by changing the controller manually in SimPE, but I know of no one who has tested this.

If you did not patch your game, you should not add subhoods, including those Stealth hoods, until you have done so; if you already have neighborhoods you value that have the Seasons, Pets, or pregnancy-including subhoods included, you should either not play those pregnant ladies, abort the pregnancies, or - the most useful option - volunteer to test the theory that resetting the pregnancy controller manually in SimPE will straighten it out.

Whatever you do, don't hate on the Ottomai. They are innocent!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#21 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
SAMANTHA'S NOT BROKEN!!

Louder. I can't hear you.

But the way you describe the issue does make it sound like Samantha and Sarah are indeed a wee bit wonky, with all of this subhood jiggery-pokery. I might consider hunting down the patch to fix them, or I might not; Cyd Roseland has custody of the Critturs now, I don't really play Cyd Roseland (because my own dog people are better) and I rather enjoy watching Samantha waddling around just the way she is.

By the way, you know that "Ottomai" isn't the proper pluralization of "Ottomas," right?

*pokes you repeatedly*
Mad Poster
#22 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 9:12 PM
I do not like to be poked. Stop it.

If you think they sound wonky, you are not listening properly. They are exactly the same as every other family bin sim. You need to patch your game - all the patches - if you wish it to run properly; and you do not need to hunt them down. They are readily available. Depending on your configuration, you may be fully or partially patched already, as some EPs and collections come pre-patched; but in order to make sure, the safest thing to do is to download the patches and try to install them. Any that are already installed will tell you so; any that aren't, will install and you'll be safe, and know for sure.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#23 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 9:33 PM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 21st Aug 2014 at 9:45 PM.
But poking serious people is fun. You should try it sometime (if you don't mind having the occasional e-finger bitten off). >:]

And for the sake of argument, suppose me to be a perfect noob who doesn't have the complete TS2 collection. How "readily available" could these patches be, considering that the official Sims 2 site--and all its patches and other goodies--was condemned to oblivion by EA, blessed be their questionable wisdom, and that fan sites don't exactly have "Latest TS2 patches available here" in their names and mini-descriptions when they pop up on Google?
Scholar
#24 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 9:48 PM
Instructor
#25 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 10:06 PM
In the Pleasantview I focus on the premades with (mostly the Pleasantview teens' families), her son is named Matthew. In the subhood Pleasantview I have, I think his name is Skip but I'm not entirely sure. I'll have to see when I start up the game tonight, I guess.
Page 1 of 3