Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maid No 'Fake' Actions (1.17.7)

by Shimrod101 Posted 29th Dec 2014 at 11:09 AM - Updated 17th May 2016 at 7:08 PM by Shimrod101 : Updated for 1.17.7

98 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 44 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 3:38 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#52 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 11:58 PM
I think this mod may conflict with the latest patch somehow ... my sim couldn't throw away the trash with this mod installed, but when I removed the mod he was able to throw away the trash. I love this mod ... sure enough as soon as I removed it, there was a fake maid visit as soon as I opened up my saved game ... is it possible to update it?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#53 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 12:17 AM
The XML Combined file has been altered with the patch into some new binary format which the XML Extractor program cannot read. So we'll have to wait and see if and when this and other XML tuning mods can be updated.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
The XML Combined file has been altered with the patch into some new binary format which the XML Extractor program cannot read. So we'll have to wait and see if and when this and other XML tuning mods can be updated.

I had a few mods I use for personal use that I was able to update and they've been working fine all day. I wasn't able to by having the Combined XML path point to SimulationDeltaBuild0.package though. I had to go into the SimulationDeltaBuild0.package and extract the resource Type - 0x62E94D38, Group - 0x00000000, and Instance - 0xF1352E740C4710BA manually. Then point the Combined XML path in XMLExtractor to the location where I put the extracted file.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scarletqueenkat
I had a few mods I use for personal use that I was able to update and they've been working fine all day. I wasn't able to by having the Combined XML path point to SimulationDeltaBuild0.package though. I had to go into the SimulationDeltaBuild0.package and extract the resource Type - 0x62E94D38, Group - 0x00000000, and Instance - 0xF1352E740C4710BA manually. Then point the Combined XML path in XMLExtractor to the location where I put the extracted file.

The procedure you describe is the one I've always followed; I always have the Combined file lifted out to a separate location, then extract it. The XML Extractor program certainly doesn't work on it, not for me.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 5:30 AM
The procedure you describe is the one I've always followed; I always have the Combined file lifted out to a separate location, then extract it. The XML Extractor program certainly doesn't work on it, not for me.

Weird then :/
Test Subject
#57 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 10:51 PM
Default Still getting fake charges
I like this mod because it makes the maid useable again. However, whenever I load my lot or go into the plan outfits interface, I get a $40 charge! It doesn't have the maid dialogue, but I just get a charge for some unknown reason. Does that happen to anyone else?
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TwinMomma
I like this mod because it makes the maid useable again. However, whenever I load my lot or go into the plan outfits interface, I get a $40 charge! It doesn't have the maid dialogue, but I just get a charge for some unknown reason. Does that happen to anyone else?

Does it happen every time you load the lot? Are you sure it's not something else, like from cooking meals?
Field Researcher
#59 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 9:04 AM
Doesn't work anymore?
I haven't gotten any bills for 3 in-game weeks since the latest patch. But when I took the mod out I did.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#60 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 2:23 PM
This mod checks out fine with the March 26th patch, so doesn't need updating. I've seen this mailman non-delivery for 3 or 4 weeks also, but it repaired itself and the mailwoman showed up again in that game. I presumed at the time that this happened because of installing the OR gamepack, since bills are also delivered when on vacation; I didn't find anything new to add into this mod at the time though.

I think what I'll do is make a file for only the Maid alteration, and the Mailman part can be scrapped if it doesn't seem to be working correctly for some, or at some times on occasion.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 12:31 AM
i have the same problem with the mailman and i do not have your mod installed. i was just looking through the comments to see if it was patched for the 3/26 fiasco. i am going to install it now and will let you know if there is any change in that save with the mailman.
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 3:10 AM
I wasn't getting bills with the mod installed either but took it out, bills came back

My Simblr
He/They
Test Subject
#63 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 12:12 AM
Yes Please!
This mod checks out fine with the March 26th patch, so doesn't need updating. I've seen this mailman non-delivery for 3 or 4 weeks also, but it repaired itself and the mailwoman showed up again in that game. I presumed at the time that this happened because of installing the OR gamepack, since bills are also delivered when on vacation; I didn't find anything new to add into this mod at the time though.

I think what I'll do is make a file for only the Maid alteration, and the Mailman part can be scrapped if it doesn't seem to be working correctly for some, or at some times on occasion.

If you make a new mod so only the maid is changed but no mailman that would be brilliant!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 9:19 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
#65 Old 2nd May 2015 at 3:42 AM
I have a problem with this mod, the mailman/woman doesn't come every week, I'm doing a legacy challenge and I need to pay the bills :S I'm gonna delete the mod until it's been updated, please update it
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 3rd May 2015 at 7:10 AM
I've just started getting a $40 charge when I load lots... Anyone know what that's from? (Since installing GTW.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 14th May 2015 at 6:40 AM
Thanks for this! Can't wait to see if this works well :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 26th May 2015 at 2:48 PM
This is a great help. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 11:50 AM
thx
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 2:37 PM
Awesome. Thanks.
Test Subject
#71 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 5:41 PM
Is there any news on a possible update for this mod? It was one of my favorites, and I really miss using it.
Test Subject
#72 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daleylife
I've just started getting a $40 charge when I load lots... Anyone know what that's from? (Since installing GTW.)

Instead of an actual maid appearing the house is just cleaned and if there was nothing to clean then the game just charges $40 because that's the maids base pay.
Test Subject
#73 Old 30th Sep 2015 at 7:18 PM
Is there any news on a possible update for this mod? It was one of my favorites, and I really miss using it, please Shimrod, we need this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 6:01 PM
This is great Thanks for sharing
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 8:03 AM
It kinda works for me with GTW installed and all the latest updates. The maid does show up and clean house. I haven't noticed a mailman yet, though. At least it works for the maid...i get tired of paying the fees without seeing anything being done. lol
Page 3 of 4