Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Jealousy Unless Married/Engaged/Going Steady

by Smonaff Posted 22nd Aug 2006 at 7:24 AM - Updated 19th Feb 2007 at 6:15 AM by Smonaff : update

126 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 113 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Test Subject
#51 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 1:15 PM
Yeah.. custom content is enabled.. it works with everything else, just seems that when there are 3 mutual lovers involved, 1 gets jealous when the the other 2 interact. I've tested it with some of my other sims as well, both male and female and various combinations. Prolly to do with OFB then. No biggy. =).
Test Subject
#52 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 12:22 AM
I don't have a bunch of cheating sims (I just wanted this mod to get rid of jealous reactions from crushes), so I haven't really tested this mod extensively.
However I just popped into say that I installed the Pets expansion pack (I also have Uni, Nightlife, and OFB) and it works.
So if anyone was wondering if it will work in Pets, as far as I know it does.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 4:52 AM
Hey thanks for the hack but I think I may have found a conflict with one of the expansion packs.
I have had a similar conflict with another jealousy hack before.

I have NL, Uni & OFB.

An error occurred when my sim managed to get to the top of the business career then came up with an error reset.
I removed your jealousy hack from the downloads file and replayed the senario again and no error occurred.

Hope you can findout how to correct this problem.
Your hack is a good idea.

You expect people to pay for those hairs?!
Field Researcher
#54 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 4:57 AM
I have found aybe anoter issue with this hack.

A sim I was using was proposed to by another sim.
So another on looking sim who had a crush on my sim ended up being angry and slapping my character.
My sim did not propose and did not accept the propose but still gets slapped for being proposed to?

You expect people to pay for those hairs?!
Instructor
Original Poster
#55 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 8:04 AM
Thanks for letting me know, I'll see if I can locate the problem.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#56 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 4:33 PM
That is the hack I really like concerning jealosy but you could add a romantic and fun sims no jealousy feature too

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Instructor
Original Poster
#57 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 5:08 PM
I think Squinge has a no jealousy for romance sims hack.
Test Subject
#58 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 1:28 PM
Thankyou for this, I have been looking for something rather than the no jealousy at all.
Test Subject
#59 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 11:43 AM
Fab work on this mod
one of my sims likes to put it about a bit lol
on his whoo says wants to do it with 15 diffrent sims lol and b4 this patch it was a bit hard (pardon the pun) cos he would meet someone he liked and just as he is getting down and dirty, one of the other sims he as had poped into the scean and all hell broke lose the rest is history, so on behalf of my randy sim thanks for this it will make his sim life a lot easy now

I Am As Old As The Hills And As Young As the Days.
Test Subject
#60 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 6:04 PM
Does anyone know if this will work with the Pets EP?
Test Subject
#61 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by senning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Gordan
I just have the base game and experienced problems with this - it seems to clear all the sims actions when jealously invoking actions are attempted. I do have inseminator, but this was not in operation on one lot.

Don't think I have any other jealousy hacks.
Thanks - CG

I had the same problem, and I think it may be fixed by the patch. Think because I have a slow connection (23%... oh, no, wait... 24%!), but I the problem we're having is probably:

Quote:
Fixes "the jump bug" causing Sims with a large number of memories to reset, or "jump," when performing interactions.

http://thesims2.ea.com/update/getpa...d&languageCode=

Hope that helps.

I have this same problem, and unfortunately, the patch doesn't resolve it, because my game is already patched.

Quote:
I really like this mod but after installing it my game went all like 'jittery' when I zoomed in or when I panned around on lots (and that was weird as my computer was only 3 days old). I wasn't sure what was causing it so I took out this mod to experiment and the problem went away... must just be a problem on my computer but it makes me sad because I wanted it... I suck at playing romance sims lol.

I have this problem as well. Any ideas as to the cause of these problems?

I have no other hacks installed.
Instructor
Original Poster
#62 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 5:29 PM
MattyDienhoff, try turning testing cheats on (boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true), and let me know if you are getting a "Bad Gosub Tree" error.

Tired of getting ripped off by paysites?
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Test Subject
#63 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Smonaff
MattyDienhoff, try turning testing cheats on (boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true), and let me know if you are getting a "Bad Gosub Tree" error.

Okay, I just ran the game again. Same household as last time, I did a bit of testing. Strangely, that 'Sims "jumping" and actions disappearing' error didn't occur this time, but it's still a bit jittery.

So anyway, I turned testing cheats on, and had the Sim in the picture kiss her husband in front of her friend (who has a crush on her), I got the error message shown in the screenshot above. There was no reaction of jealousy from her friend (as is intended, with this hack), but if the Sim in the picture kisses her friend in front of her husband, there's also no jealous reaction from the husband, even though there should be.

The error log mentioned in the screenshot is attached. Hope it helps, and thanks for the quick reply.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ObjectError_N001_t632952.zip (10.9 KB, 16 downloads)
Instructor
Original Poster
#64 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 6:22 AM
Matty, I hopefully have fixed the problem. Redownload the "no EPs" version and let me know if the errors stop.

p.s. Thanks for reporting the problem.

Test Subject
#65 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 5:12 AM
Perfection
I downloaded the updated version, did a bit of testing, and - good news! The jealousy works as it should now, and both the 'actions disappearing' problem and the performance problems appear to be completely cleared up. It's working perfectly.

Thanks.
Instructor
Original Poster
#66 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 2:11 PM
Ok, Great! And thanks again for letting me know about the problem.

Test Subject
#67 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 6:37 PM
does it work with seasons EP?
Test Subject
#68 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 5:00 PM
It doesn't seem to, I installed Seasons yesterday and my romance aspiration sim had the ladies lined up to slap him when one kissed me at a party. Was kind of funny actually =)
Instructor
#69 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 3:03 PM
anyone know if this gonna be updated for seasons?

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Instructor
Original Poster
#70 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 8:30 PM
I'm working on an update, not for Seasons but Nightlife. It appears I left out a jealousy check that NL introduced. As far as I can tell Seasons hasn't added any thing new jealousy-wise.

Lab Assistant
#71 Old 8th May 2007 at 1:43 AM
So does this work with Seasons or not?
Test Subject
#72 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 5:12 AM
Wanted to say thank you so much. And also wanted to say that I tested it with Seasons and it does work beautifully. My little romance sim can have as much fun as she awnts now at Uni and not worry about crazed past lovers.

"We are defined by the choices we make."

sim journal × livejournal × website
Test Subject
#73 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 5:17 AM
thank you for this mod i will try to use it um....very carefully O.O i hope it works with seasons. ^^

i believe that ther is no greater tool than a good piece of paper and a well sharpened pencil
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 7:19 AM
Oh this is awesome, I remember this one time my Sim was standing there talking to another Sim and all of a sudden someone comes up and smacks my Sim around. I didn't even know them, It made me giggle but also made me confused. I love this hack and can't wait to use it. Thank You for all your hard work. You are incredibly awesome at this.

My love for you was so deep, It nearly destroyed me.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 5:52 PM
I've got Seasons, and this seems to be working fine with it
I love this mod thank you sooo much Smonaff!

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
This is how long I spend playing The Sims 2
Wow, my head stopped my body from getting really hurt on that! Johnny Knoxville
Page 3 of 6