Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Flamingo of DOOM! TESTERS WANTED... Don't everyone rush to get it at one time. Jan 1

by Eric Posted 1st Jan 2005 at 9:34 AM - Updated 1st Jan 2005 at 10:55 AM by eric etc

149 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 147 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Test Subject
#51 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 9:42 PM
I have other mods in there. I guess I'll take them all out and stick the flamingo of smiting back in and see how it goes. Probably later tonight though. My roommate needs to be picked up. D:
Scholar
#52 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 1:15 AM
oh this is great!!!!!:D

just killed off coral oldie with fright
then herb oldie by flies...hehe...grim reaper turned up on cue then proceeded to take a leak before he left...he did flush after :D
Test Subject
#53 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 4:02 AM
Figured it out. It was the Satellite item that I mentioned.. What bugs me was why it didn't work the first time. In case you're wondering which Satellite I downloaded from, it's this one:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=11735

But I had a bit of fun with the satellite death. Killed the husband. Wife pleaded for life (both daily relationship and lifetime relationship were at 100) and won. Killed him off again with satellite. Did the same. Did the same. Did the same. Now I have like a thousand satellites on my front lawn! :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#54 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 5:16 AM
lol pocket... btw you CAN kill someone with satellite indoors... although the satellite just doesn't look right sitting next to the couch lol
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 6:29 PM
ill be cool if a sim get electricuted when the flamingo is kicked
Instructor
Original Poster
#56 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 7:09 PM
i have an idea concerning kicking the flamingo if i ever decide to update this ...but this was mostly for comedy value so i didnt do some of the things i thought about doing
Test Subject
#57 Old 9th Jan 2005 at 8:45 PM
Default i love it
Downloaded it, used it, love it, love it, love it!!! no bugs that i could see. I created a family named Death to test all the bad things that could happen to them, when used with the insiminator you can test things pretty quick I have almost ten tombstones in the yard and my boyfriend and I laughed all night long at the evil things the flamingo of doom can do . thank you very much

" If I cannot Find a way I will make a way."

So I say bring it on :))
Field Researcher
#58 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 3:03 PM
I was wondering if it will kill kids. I am looking for an object to kill kids because I want some kid ghosts. I know I am sick.

I tried the mask of armageddon on a kid and the kid disappeared from the game and I got no tombstone or grim reaper.

I will test this out on kids and see if it works.
Instructor
Original Poster
#59 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 5:36 PM
lynnmar let me know if it works on kids... i cant recall if i enabled it to do so or not

and no youre not sick lol... in real life kids die... in the game sim kids die and you get ghosts which can sometimes be neat to have on your lot
Field Researcher
#60 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 5:47 PM
Ooh, I hope it works on Patrizio.....
....I swear, that old phrack has somehow been able to hang on for more than a week in the tiny chamber we trapped him in after we finally got sick of him hobbling all over the neighbourhood and visiting people so he could sit on the can the whole time. We've left dirty plates on the ground for him to walk over... deprived him of the necessities of life aside from food.... fed him rotten pop-tarts.... and he just doesn't die! The old sims seem to have the best endurance, so maybe it's not too surprising.....
Forum Resident
#61 Old 11th Jan 2005 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LynnMar
I was wondering if it will kill kids. I am looking for an object to kill kids because I want some kid ghosts. I know I am sick.

I tried the mask of armageddon on a kid and the kid disappeared from the game and I got no tombstone or grim reaper.

I will test this out on kids and see if it works.

Kids can die. I drowned one in the pool before because I wanted a child ghost. Only babies and toddlers can die. But I think that drowning is the only way a kid can die.
Test Subject
#62 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 12:59 AM
i hate flamingos
*kicks flamingo*
*gets shocked!*
*x__x
Test Subject
#63 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 12:11 AM
crap, when i tried to save the flamingo my game crashed!!!! grr not allowed. but otherwise it worked fine hehe i love it
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 6:22 AM
I knew someone would create a flamingo of doom. Best laugh I'v had for days. Good work Eric
Field Researcher
#65 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 2:49 PM
hey Eric, I just wanted to tell you that yes it does work on kids. :clap:

I killed a toddler with it today by starvation. Reaper came and I got the tombstone too. I snapped a pic of it but I couldn't find it, in my storytelling folder, I can't find anything in there, it is such a mess.

thanks again for the great hack. :D
Test Subject
#66 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 9:23 PM
this is cool lol!
Field Researcher
#67 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 10:35 PM Last edited by Nick : 15th Jan 2005 at 11:59 PM.
Thankyou for this Eric.
It's what I've been really hoping for. A simple Deathmingo. (lol Trish)
Gonna go test it now. :muffy:

HaHa... Death by Flies and Satalite worked flawlessly for me. I love this thing!

I killed off a complete family and got the usual speech from the reeper telling me so. I haven't moved a new family in yet, but the newly made gravestones are still in the graveyard. :D
Test Subject
#68 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 7:24 AM
I have one prob
this doesnt work for me
when i use it "Object error" comes up

now im so mad Ill KILL the flamingo! :flamer:
:muffy:
Test Subject
#69 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 5:08 PM
got a salution :flamer:
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 6:37 AM
Thanks for this Eric--loved it. Had one problem, don't know if anyone else has. Worked great with the first 2 adults I killed. Then I picked a kid to die. He was playing with his sis at the time, and then he just disappeared. No mourning, no Grim Reaper, no tombstone, and his face disappeared from the selection. Killed off 2 more after that--a kid and an adult--and made sure they weren't doing anything else first. No problems, everything went as planned, except no animations for the kid. Got the "Finale" message from the Reaper and exited the house. But when I tried to move a new family in, the missing kid still showed up as living there. Went in, he was nowhere to be found. All I could do was evict him and lose all the furnishings. This has been the only problem, and it may have been because the kid was in the middle of doing something when I gave the "die" command. I will keep using the Flamingo--great way to get tombstones and haunt a house!! Thank You!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 4:02 AM
Hi, to confirm: it happened again. Kid was doing something else when I gave "die by..." command thru the Flamingo. He disappeared with no death, Grim Reaper, tombstone, etc. Face was still active, but he was nowhere to be found. This time I was smart and exited house w/out saving, went back in and tried again. With no actions queued up, he died with no problems (LOL!). Don't know if same would happen with adult, just noticed it with kids.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 5:14 AM
Hi Eric! I know it's been ages since you posted this amazing creation, but I'm hoping that you will check back sometime. I have a problem, but I'm not sure if the flamingo caused it. I used it to kill a female sim. She was engaged to my Legacy sim male at the time (he lives on another lot) and they have twin sons together (thanks to your inSIMenator!). When she died, I got the reaper, family crying, tombstone - the whole 9 yards. The problem is that my Legacy Male is still engaged to her! She shows up on his family tree as being deceased when I click on their kids together, but he has never had the death memory and I can't get him to ask anyone else to marry him. Any suggestions?

BTW: Man...you really are the best!!! *blushes*
Instructor
Original Poster
#73 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 9:40 PM
rich1lenore and enchantedwolf... i'll see if i can figure out what caused either/both problems and if i can i'll post the fix(s)

thanks for the compliments :D
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 6:42 PM
Thanks eric, I'll keep checking back. I really do like this Flamingo--all my houses have one. LOL! Great work!
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 7:42 PM
eric,

Would you be interested in using a custom mesh with this mod?

Something like a 'Spongebob of death'?

Let me know if your interested.
Page 3 of 6