Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 4:48 AM
Default Fortune teller career outfit not showing up
She's at like career level 4 and has been stuck wearing... this... the entire time. If you don't know how to fix it does anyone know how to edit career uniforms?

Edit: well I messed up on uploading the picture but suffice it to say it's definitely not the fortune teller uniform. It's a business jacket and future tights. *facepalm*
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 6:59 PM
I may be oversimplifying things here, but assuming you are using NRaas mods can you not bring the sim into MC Stylist and edit the Career outfit(s)? Or at least delete the silly one and hope that a proper one shows up to take its place?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 10:37 PM
I'm not using nraas
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#4 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 11:01 PM Last edited by fascisthater : 5th Jul 2020 at 11:53 PM.
I thought you could just enter testingcheatsenabled true cheat followed by unlockoutfits on cheat to get career outfits. Then change in create a sim or at dresser.

Edited to add-Not sure what level certain career outfits are chosen but pretty sure it is auto assigned.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 11:03 PM
Sorry to hear that, but we are talking about MasterController here which although very complex doesn't actually do anything to players games until one of its commands is called upon (such as MC's Stylist). I'm not sure there are any other ways to reach the career outfits in TS3.

Edit: But I defer to fascisthater if that way works too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 12:33 AM
Mastercontroller has several settings it affects as soon as you install it that need to be changed (well, I'd change them, back when I used it). I've quit using mods altogether because I realized I was spending more time trying to change the game than playing it, and I've been having more fun mod free than I had using them. But that's not really relevant.
What ended up happening was eventually she got a corrected uniform, so that's great, unfortunately it's bugged so she won't go to work until I change her into the career uniform first. But it's fine. Thanks for the help.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 2:11 AM Last edited by igazor : 7th Jul 2020 at 2:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by faerytech
Mastercontroller has several settings it affects as soon as you install it that need to be changed (well, I'd change them, back when I used it).

From the standpoint of helping other players as they adjust to our mods, I would like to know what these are if you could let us know. I mean of course the presence of the MC mod causes the NRaas menu to appear on objects where it otherwise wouldn't and that can potentially get in the way of searching out clickable spots on walls when in WA tombs by mouse hovering all over the walls, but that's all adjustable. I mean what, in your experience, does it change about actual gameplay on its own besides the NRaas command menus showing up?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 12:38 AM
Have you tried using the dresser to Plan Outfit? I don't know whether or not the Career Category appears outside of AMB/ST expansion pack.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 1:33 PM
I'd have to reinstall it to go through the options since it's been a while since I used it. The only thing I can remember off the top of my head is the marriage name setting thing, and the story progression telling you everybody's business.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by faerytech
I'd have to reinstall it to go through the options since it's been a while since I used it. The only thing I can remember off the top of my head is the marriage name setting thing, and the story progression telling you everybody's business.

We weren't talking about StoryProgression here though. Yes, certainly SP changes a ton of things about gameplay including the two you have mentioned that can optionally be changed by way of its settings. That is all as it should be and not everyone does want this experience.

We were talking about MasterConroller. These are two different mods. MC is not intended to change gameplay at all and should be sitting back doing nothing unless/until a player issues a command, it is essentially a player command center. I had wanted to know how your experiences with MC might have differed from this, but that assumes you have tried to use it independently of StoryProgression.