Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 29th May 2006 at 10:47 AM
Well done coming up with that solution. And just as well too, because I actually didn't notice that you'd posted a question! Yes, slots are quite unpleasant to work with, which is why I tend to clone objects that have the right slots and then change everything else around to suit.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 30th May 2006 at 8:02 PM
Thank you!
Well I almost got it to work . When I tried the object some more times I noticed that sometimes when I tell the toddler to stop using it, sometimes he crawl down to the floor as he is supposed to, but sometimes he flies away behind the chair. - get an error I guess?

I have gone trough the lines several times but there is a lot of things I dont understand such as all the expression-local variable lines.

Do you think there is an easy sulotion for this?

Solfal

(Guess all my questions should fit better in your tutorial tread, but I did read them both and accidently started to post here)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  SolfalToddlerCair0605.rar (170.8 KB, 27 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 31st May 2006 at 2:25 PM
Sorry for spamming this tred, but if you pop by I want to tell I think I solved the problem . I had one animation return false instead of going to the same place as the true one.

Its still strange that when I tell the toddler to stop only the tantrum sound and not the animation workes, but when the toddler stop itself both workes. They goes to the same places (as far as I understand!)
No big deal though. I can live with that.

Solfal
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 3rd Jun 2006 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by solfal
Sorry for spamming this tred, but if you pop by I want to tell I think I solved the problem :D

Heh, cool. You seem to have a pretty good control of bug fixing!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 4th Jun 2006 at 8:46 PM
Thank you! That was a great compliment :D
Test Subject
#31 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 6:39 AM
Well done Echo. This guide helped alot
I was able to creat my "Tranquility" by Maxx Hunt from your BHAV tutorials (if you can call them that). Give yourself a cookie

MP3

#32 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 9:50 AM Last edited by seresv : 1st Oct 2006 at 3:59 AM.
my bed
Ok

This is an adult bed,
i need help with it. So far you can choose which type of act you want. However my sims can only choose one choice when it is on auto . Can you plz tell me how i can fix this . I try instance numbers for the test for auto, but when i choose the auto of the bhav i want to do automatically all the category disappear execpt one . plz help me because i want to post this object really bad. Ok i couldnt find anothe site to ask for help so i posted it here .
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 2:46 AM
Your question has be a bit bemused, but here are some notes:

Very first thing - do not use BHAV numbers higher than 0x1FFF unless you want to override semiglobals! 0x308C is definitely way out. Make sure all your local BHAVs start with a 1.

If you want a sim to be able to run something autonomously, then the "Autonomy" field in the Pie Menu functions has to be set to 0x32. If it's set to 0x64 then it can only be run by a user clicking on it.

I noticed that you had an attribute to keep track of whether its supposed to be autonomous or not, but I can't really see how this is meant to be used... In the interaction guards you check whether attribute 6 is 0, and if it is it fails instantly. That means that if you select "Autonomy > off" then you cannot run the interaction at all... Can you tell me what the intended purpose of attribute 6 actually is?
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 3:57 AM
ok i dont know how long i can keep that file posted up, but this is what i did to it so far . I got rid of the sexual choice pop up menu and just only let it have the regular menu to choose from . The instance numbers i put them all back to one ,because like u said they were way out of range . Now the only thing is the autonomous menu for people to turn it on and off. If i remove it there ,im gonna have to go to all my bhavs and elimatinated it. Is there any way i can keep it and make it work with all the choices autonomously.
Test Subject
#35 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 12:16 AM
Default thanx..
WOW,i just finished the tutorial
i cant beleive that i can make my own custom interaction
thanks alot
Test Subject
#36 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 2:22 AM Last edited by abug : 3rd Jun 2007 at 2:30 AM. Reason: oops
This makes a convenient pocket resource. Good stuff.

EDIT: erm yeah just noticed the previous post was last year...my bad. Though it's still a useful resource in 2007.

SimPE, zero dollars. GIMP, zero dollars. Blender, zero dollars. Learning to mod Sims 2 before learning how to play the game, priceless.
Test Subject
#37 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 11:06 PM
Default thanks!
I think this will help me understand it better, I have read the guide and it is making lot more sense. I wish coding for games had less numbers. It isn't like that in HTML.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 9:36 AM
Hi vampire_girl!

You might find that the "First Custom BHAV" tutorial is of more help to you than this one. It's more up to date, and more accurate. You can check it out here:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=142907
Forum Resident
#39 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 3:37 AM
The file is now corrupted beyond readability.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 4:07 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 11th Apr 2021 at 4:18 AM.
Sims2Maven, which file? The PDF?

Both the PDFs in Echo's tutorials are downloading and opening fine for me, and are fully readable. If you're having issues with the zip archives, it could be it's an older compression format your unzip program (or standard Windows/OS) can't read. (Tip: I use 7-zip, it opens pretty much any format under the sun). You'll also need a PDF reader.

If it's a different file (or one you're working on) you need to be more spesific.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Sims2Maven, which file? The PDF?

Had an issue with the BhavGuide tutorial, It must have been a temporary server error, because I tried re-downloading just now and got the whole thing.
Page 2 of 2