Replies: 9368 (Who?), Viewed: 838482 times.
Page 372 of 375
Field Researcher
#9276 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 2:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
Use the Nvidia Control Panel to set up a profile for TS3.exe (for Patch 1.69) or TS3w.exe (with the "w" for 1.67). Arrange for Vertical Sync (On or Adaptive, whichever one works better), Triple Buffering On, and set the max frame rate explicitly to the refresh rate of your monitor or just under it. Most monitors are 60 Hz, so the goal becomes 60 fps or under. Some can run higher (75, 144, etc.).

To see the frame rates you are actually getting in-game, Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the cheats console and type fps on (enter). As you play and move the game camera around, the displayed frame rate should never exceed the refresh rate of your monitor, or at least not by very much. To make the display go away, cheats console again and type fps off (enter).

If the Nvidia Control Panel settings are not enough to cap the frame rates, then we move on and add in another tool such as Nvidia Inspector or RivaTuner Stats Server (RTSS). I use RTSS myself because all of my cards are AMD and not Nvidia to begin with, and AMD's own control panel tools have never done the job for me.

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#9277 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 9:13 PM
My custom career just spawned 3 new coworkers! Why? The career has a boss and 2 staff - my active sim is one of the staff. The other 2 are townies specifcally created for the part. The career is the Architect career from here and is run as a Zerbu open career (which I absolutely love).

And then I loaded up the game and suddenly 3 extra sims! no thanks.

I'm running Zerbu (obvs) and the full Nraas suite and I loathe the idea of randomly spawned Townies, each of my families were specifically created/chosen. So, please help.

eta: and I have both Immigration and Emmigration disabled via TH > SP > General > Lots

I love my pc because my sims live in it
Test Subject
#9278 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetmagras
My custom career just spawned 3 new coworkers!

Are you using the custom Architecture Career by Simmortality found here: https://modthesims.info/d/626941/ar...conversion.html? If so, that career is programmed to have a minimum of 3 coworkers. To change this, you will need to open the mod with S3PE and edit the Architecture Careers XML.

If you need help with how to do this, just post and ask.
Lab Assistant
#9279 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 1:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzySoda
Are you using the custom Architecture Career by Simmortality found here: https://modthesims.info/d/626941/ar...conversion.html? If so, that career is programmed to have a minimum of 3 coworkers. To change this, you will need to open the mod with S3PE and edit the Architecture Careers XML.

If you need help with how to do this, just post and ask.
Yes, that's the one (it's great!)
Is that 3 coworkers in addition to my active sim, (plus her townie coworker and the townie boss)? If so then yes, please walk me through editing this . I can't stand the whole random spawning of sims, it messes with my control issues.

At the weekend, I tried to customise a mod for the first time in over 4 years - I failed miserably , but I least I didn't break my game

Test Subject
#9280 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 6:51 PM Last edited by FizzySoda : 16th Mar 2021 at 7:33 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetmagras
please walk me through editing this . I can't stand the whole random spawning of sims, it messes with my control issues.

1. Download and install S3PE and then Open the package file (Architecture Career by Simmortality.package)
2. Right Click on Architecture Careers XML and then select Notepad
3. Look for this code:

<MinCoworkers>3</MinCoworkers>
<MaxCoworkers>5</MaxCoworkers>

There will be 2 instances of this code and you will need to edit Both of them.

Coworkers are Sims in addition to your Sim. Therefore, if you want this career to only have 1 boss and 2 staff (one of which is your Sim) then you will want the MaxCoworkers to be 2. Replace the above code with this:

<MinCoworkers>0</MinCoworkers>
<MaxCoworkers>2</MaxCoworkers>

Be sure to replace Both instances of the code.

4. Click File > Save, and close Notepad.
5. You will see a box that says, “Resource has been updated. Commit changes?” Click Yes.
6. You should save the new package with a new name so that you know it’s been edited. Click File > Save As and name it something like Architecture_Career_Simmortality_Edited.package The game seems to read files better when there are no spaces in the package name.
7. Put the package in your Mods folder as usual and be sure to delete your Cache Files (especially scriptCache.package) before starting the game.

Have fun
Lab Assistant
#9281 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 9:45 PM
You star! Much thanks.

(Please ignore the cursing and expletives coming from my direction as I try my hand this, again)

Test Subject
#9282 Old 17th Mar 2021 at 5:09 AM
Default San Francisco styled world
Hi so I am building a San Francisco styled world and I'm missing a few key objects that could really bring the city to life and give it the charm it needs. Does anyone know of or have a Toll Booth like these images? Doesn't have to be active or a working object obviously just for decoration. I've attempted to make a mesh from a 3D model I found online but no luck. Anything similar will do as I have already wasted two full days on this single item

I am also seeking to find a skyline to have in the distance. So any city distant terrain that anyone knows about? I already have "Nukael_CityTerrain_Distant02.rar" but I am looking for something similar to the picture I uploaded so more crowded city vibe. I have found this image but cant seem to find the download link.

I'm also looking for a trolley car or track for them! Really in need of the San Fran transportation.
Screenshots
Attached Images

Test Subject
#9283 Old 18th Mar 2021 at 7:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kourterbug37
Hi so I am building a San Francisco styled world and I'm missing a few key objects that could really bring the city to life and give it the charm it needs. Does anyone know of or have a Toll Booth like these images?

Cyclonesue has a barrier set that might work.

Here's the link at TSR: https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...cor/id/1167524/
Instructor
#9284 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 6:10 AM
Sooo I want to make Cronor a home world with future traits a la this thread: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=643041 But I have a couple questions about how this was done
What it seems I need to do to make a custom future is:

rename the Cronor.world to Oasis Landing.world
open in S3PE import the future world resource
save and replace the original future world file with the new custom one

So if I want a future homeworld like the thread do I still need to swap out the original Oasis Landing with the custom one? The thread mentions editing the future resource file from an 06 to an 02 to mark it as a city but... I'm not sure how to edit the resource? I get to the part where I import it but S3PE won't let me see any details about the resource or edit it at all. How do I edit this future resource file? I feel so silly lol
Mad Poster
#9285 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 9:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eronel
So if I want a future homeworld like the thread do I still need to swap out the original Oasis Landing with the custom one?

I've never done this before, but from what I just read, the only purpose of renaming it to Oasis Landing is to replace it for future world travel. Since you are using it as a homeworld, you do not need to do this.

Quote:
The thread mentions editing the future resource file from an 06 to an 02 to mark it as a city but... I'm not sure how to edit the resource? I get to the part where I import it but S3PE won't let me see any details about the resource or edit it at all. How do I edit this future resource file? I feel so silly lol

1) Open S3PE.
2) Open your modified cronos world with the imported files
3) sort by "type" and look for 0x296A6258, it will be UNKN tag.

Now you can either export this and edit with a hex editor or link your hex editor with S3PE and open it through S3PE.

https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Instructor
#9286 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 4:11 PM Last edited by Eronel : 23rd Mar 2021 at 2:25 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
I've never done this before, but from what I just read, the only purpose of renaming it to Oasis Landing is to replace it for future world travel. Since you are using it as a homeworld, you do not need to do this.

1) Open S3PE.
2) Open your modified cronos world with the imported files
3) sort by "type" and look for 0x296A6258, it will be UNKN tag.

Now you can either export this and edit with a hex editor or link your hex editor with S3PE and open it through S3PE.

https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

Woo thanks so much! I’ll try this tonight after I get off work and report my findings

EDIT: Pleased to report it worked like a charm! Super easy and Cronor now has plumbots and futuristic fashion
Mad Poster
#9287 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 12:53 AM
Quick question- is it possible to run a bed-and-breakfast type of resort?

What sort of technical and stylistic limitations might there be?
Mad Poster
#9288 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 1:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
Quick question- is it possible to run a bed-and-breakfast type of resort?

What sort of technical and stylistic limitations might there be?

What specific details are you referring to about b&b?

https://modthesims.info/d/617563/oc...-breakfast.html

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Mad Poster
#9289 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 1:52 AM
Quote:
What specific details are you referring to about b&b?

https://modthesims.info/d/617563/oc...-breakfast.html

I.e. stuff like running some of the functions by your own sims, instead of hiring others, the necessity of a resort tower for housing sims (wonder if it's possible to make sims not check into the tower but just the rooms), etc.

Interesting post I found:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...d-and-breakfast
Mad Poster
#9290 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 3:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
I.e. stuff like running some of the functions by your own sims, instead of hiring others, the necessity of a resort tower for housing sims (wonder if it's possible to make sims not check into the tower but just the rooms), etc.

Interesting post I found:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...d-and-breakfast

That's very interesting. It is similar to another concept I tried before which you can merge and mix and match.

The issue with the post's method is that you have actual roommates and need to dismiss them b/c they're kinda permanent. But it works in the sense you collect rent.

I tried a fun "NPC" dorm lot and it actually works exceptionally well in university. I create a lot like a dorm with many bedrooms. But all the bedrooms are in fact NPC doors except for 1. Then every other area on the lot is marked with a public marker. This way, all the NPCs that live on the lot can use all the area except your bedroom.

Now, I haven't really tested it in other worlds extensively, but the few times I did, I remember the NPCs don't really come out unless you call them on the intercom. Otherwise they just leave and go to work and come home. However, the university one, the NPCs do randomly come out and use the whole dorm... and quite a lot of them actually. It was very lively and pretty much everything I wanted it to be. In fact, I liked it so much, I even created a few of the rooms to be real rooms but with public markers so some of them can actually sleep in those rooms instead of going back to the NPC door. You see where this is something you can use in a B&B.

The only thing is, this method... I don't know how to make money.

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Lab Assistant
#9291 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegenjutsu
Yeah, you can fertilize the plants with anything but it's best to use other vegetables and fish with high quality. Just don't do like I did and plant too many crops because until there is a hack to make gardening time faster, your sim could end up spending most of their entire time tending their garden.

The gardening spells mod is great for this, I also made sim bots with gardening chips who's job it was to just sit and tend my garden for my alchemy household.
Mad Poster
#9292 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 9:37 PM
Quote:
Now, I haven't really tested it in other worlds extensively, but the few times I did, I remember the NPCs don't really come out unless you call them on the intercom. Otherwise they just leave and go to work and come home. However, the university one, the NPCs do randomly come out and use the whole dorm... and quite a lot of them actually. It was very lively and pretty much everything I wanted it to be.

Sorry for quoting myself, but I just realized I forgot something about this which answers this question. The reason it worked so well in university has nothing to do with the world. It is just in university, this lot was my only lot with NPC doors, so ALL the NPCs live here.

In a typical world of 100+ service sims, this lot gets at most around 10-15 NPCs using the public area at the same time, that is only around 10%+ that is why it is so lively. In other worlds, such as Bridgeport, where every hi-rise has NPC doors, the NPCs are split up in the world on multiple lots so a single lot would have only maybe 5-10 NPCs living there, that's why I don't see many sims, maybe the occasional 1 NPC that comes out to use the public area.

So for this idea to work and flourish, it has to be the only lot in the world with NPC doors.

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Scholar
#9293 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 9:17 PM
It's been a long time since I sent someone to Boarding School and I'm wondering if it's still borked or is there a fix? Does Cinrict's suggestion still work?
Instructor
#9294 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 10:33 PM
I'm curious, because I may upgrade my monitor in the future but not specifically for TS3. However....

Does anyone have a 4k HDR 400/500/600/1000/1400 10 or 12 bpc (bits per component/color depth) monitor and knows if that helps with color banding and dithering with TS3 or are the results the same?

I'm going to guess it may be the same according to the typical usage scenarios says "Applications need to be written with more than 8 bpc output, setting a higher value here will not improve the image of the application that does not support more than 8 bpc." I doubt TS3 supports more than 8 bpc, though I could be wrong.

Also according to the typical usage scenarios says "Using higher output color depth can help you display colors with high quality, especially for smooth color transitions and gradients."

Because I'm Fragile...but I'm not "that" fragile.
Scholar
#9295 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 10:52 AM
Hi, knowledgeable TS3 Simmers! Being an incredibly stupid TS3 Simmer, I must ask some very basic questions of you. Like: is it possible to force specific dress codes for community lot visitors? Any mods or NRaas settings I'm unaware as of yet?

Thank you!

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#9296 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 2:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsica
Hi, knowledgeable TS3 Simmers! Being an incredibly stupid TS3 Simmer, I must ask some very basic questions of you. Like: is it possible to force specific dress codes for community lot visitors? Any mods or NRaas settings I'm unaware as of yet?

Thank you!

Hmmm, I wonder if either that ticket master thing in the Sims 3 store, or the velvet rope thing from uh, Late Night could implement this? The ticket thing from the store, I think you could use so only X type of sim could enter (gender, age, occult etc I think?) I wonder if you could maybe set it to "formal attire" for example?

I never tried it, but maybe there are videos of people testing it, or someone else knows.

My stupid question today is: can I put a "port"/houseboat moor on a residential lot? Lets say I have a beach lot-house, and I go to build and make a houseboat on a "port lot" etc. If I want to travel back and forth between mainland and my residential island, how do I go about that? Could I moor the houseboat on a houseboat-moor on a residential lot? Or will this mess up my game? (Adding a houseboat moor..) Will a houseboat moor to the normal motorboat-moors? Or can I only use those walkway-moors that you build houseboats on?
Inventor
#9297 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 2:27 PM Last edited by MurderPrincessK : 9th Apr 2021 at 4:12 PM.
Quote:

Thank you!

You should try this mod out. It will make sims dress in the dress code of your choice on any lot its placed.
https://modthesims.info/d/477049

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Scholar
#9298 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 1:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderPrincessK
You should try this mod out. It will make sims dress in the dress code of your choice on any lot its placed.
https://modthesims.info/d/477049

Thanks, MurderPrincessK! Downloaded and in use. Now onto the next stupid question. (I feel I should know this, but... Brain fail. )

Anyone knows if we can turn off that hiding of trees and hanging objects and various in-your-way stuff, like we could in TS2? My trees are disappearing if I get too close and I don't like it. A mod possibly, or a hidden option somewhere?

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#9299 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 2:53 PM
Quote:
Anyone knows if we can turn off that hiding of trees and hanging objects and various in-your-way stuff, like we could in TS2? My trees are disappearing if I get too close and I don't like it. A mod possibly, or a hidden option somewhere?

"fadeobjects off" cheat prevents that.
Using the "tab" camera by pressing tab on your keyboard also prevents objects from fading.
Scholar
#9300 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 7:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity
"fadeobjects off" cheat prevents that.
Using the "tab" camera by pressing tab on your keyboard also prevents objects from fading.

Thanks!

Page 372 of 375