Replies: 6057 (Who?), Viewed: 330415 times.
Page 243 of 243
Test Subject
#6051 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 1:16 AM
The sensitivity on the hand tool while placing/rotating an object. Placed a chair wanting it to face east, it snaps to face south. Better give it a grab to rotate it then. Whoops, it's now facing north. Another slightly annoyed grab and it's back to south again. Want that plant to be placed diagonally? After a dozen attempts, perhaps. This might be a slight exaggeration, but it feels very wonky sometimes. It could just be me, although I recall it doing the same in TS1 aswell.
Mad Poster
#6052 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 1:33 AM
I don't usually have too much trouble with chairs, but windows and doors!! They always seem to want to face the wrong way.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#6053 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 1:38 AM
I often tend to rotate with the , . buttons instead of the mouse, and I make sure the mouse is completely still when clicking to place (mouse mat and big, steady mouse that doesn't move too easily on its own helps). If you hold down the button while rotating, the sensitivity goes up, it seems, so I select the item, let go of the button while moving and rotating the item, then click to place - instead of placing and rotating in the same go. That seems to help.

For windows and doors, it has to do with which way you're facing, I think (placing them while facing outside VS inside). They will rotate around to the other side if you nudge them a bit, but the "default" will snap them to whichever way you're facing (and don't ask me which is the "default" side, I always have to figure it out ingame... I'm pretty sure I often place windows the wrong way around )
Field Researcher
#6054 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 1:39 AM
@AndrewGloria Sometimes the problem is figuring out which part is for the outdoor and which is not.
Test Subject
#6055 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 3:34 AM
-Capp Manor intensifies-

Seriously though, the way you face does indeed help a lot with placement, as does having the walls cutaway or fully down and the angle of the camera. As for interior-exterior side, Maxis windows and doors tend to have their exterior on the correct side when placed facing inwards, with the exception of later EPs like AL and M&G. I believe this generally goes for all the generations of the series bar the 4th?
Mad Poster
#6056 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 6:46 PM
Trying to get the sun to be positioned correctly when you're putting together an SC4 neighborhood terrain for TS2. It's bad enough that it reverses the terrain, it shouldn't be so hard to figure out the sun position too!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6057 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 7:30 PM
♪♫ Here I come to save the day, Mightycatz is on her way.... ♪♫

So. After that buildup you'd think I have earth shattering, life altering news but no. Just wanted to let you all who have problems with things changing direction when you place them know that holding down Ctrl while placing can help.

That's all. Thank you for reading. ♥
Test Subject
#6058 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustluvcatz
♪♫ Here I come to save the day, Mightycatz is on her way.... ♪♫

So. After that buildup you'd think I have earth shattering, life altering news but no. Just wanted to let you all who have problems with things changing direction when you place them know that holding down Ctrl while placing can help.

That's all. Thank you for reading. ♥

Oh yeah, CTRL does slow it down by a bit! Thanks catz!
Page 243 of 243