Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#126 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 1:20 AM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 3rd Aug 2021 at 4:03 AM.
Well, I tried to take some more screenshots - in live mode - on a community lot and it didn't work. They worked in live mode on the home lot the other day.
Bummer....
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#127 Old 4th Aug 2021 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
Well, I tried to take some more screenshots - in live mode - on a community lot and it didn't work. They worked in live mode on the home lot the other day.
Bummer....

I don't actually know if this will work, but try moving the Screenshots folder out of the TS3 directory, then load the game so it makes a new folder, and see if the screenies get saved.

I'd assume screenshots are linked in some way to game directory/paths, and potentially even graphics cards in some way?

(I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I hope your situation gets fixed. Cuz then your only other alternative would be to do PrintScreen in Tab/Camera Mode, and I know that can be tedious when the [C] button should just get the job done.)
Instructor
#128 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 2:11 AM
CAS is visibly a lot smoother and does take less time to load in all the components and the overall UI and feel is just less...broken with this patch. Sadly theres still bad loading times and stuttering during gameplay. But this is an amazing first step to a unifiying TS3 fix.
Field Researcher
#130 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 3:10 PM
What so highest TPS isn't the best XD... Hmm time to tinker around with the settings.

I put at 1000 and it did make my CAS and buymode load faster, even the dreaded Misc Decor category. I get some lags in winter, hoping this will help .
Scholar
#131 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 10:50 PM
Well, I guess it also depends on your CPU, the size of your world, and so on.
Scholar
#132 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 10:54 PM Last edited by Moraelin : 6th Aug 2021 at 11:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I'm pretty sure loading/saving time cannot be affected by the game's logic clock.

Sadly, it can, if a game is REALLY incompetently programmed. Bethesda programmed EXACTLY this kind of idiocy into Fallout 4, where during the loading screen it only loads so much for each frame and then just waits for the next frame. And it has VSync on. It needlessly lengthens the loading screens by a LOT on modern computers, unless you use the mod that turns VSync off during loading screens. And even then it's still slower than it could be, just not as slow as Beth made it.

Thankfully, TS3 doesn't have THAT problem, but yeah, as a general principle, never say something can't be that badly programmed. Usually some idiot somewhere will promptly prove you wrong :p
Mad Poster
#133 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 4:28 AM
can't prove anything but the way TS3 has been loading, I'd be surprised if this patch didn't do something. it's in and out in 2-3 minutes, desktop into main menu into gameplay and including save & exit. I don't recall it EVER being this quick, not even the vanilla basegame back in 2009-10. I try to keep my saves cleaned and tidy though, so I could be mistaken

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 11:46 AM
This patch is amazing! I feel my game more fluid than ever. I hope Duchess will continue to invest their creativity and talent to make the game even more optimized. Have you ever imagined the dream of playing with absolutely no lag in the neighborhood? :o
Field Researcher
#135 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by boringbones
This patch is amazing! I feel my game more fluid than ever. I hope Duchess will continue to invest their creativity and talent to make the game even more optimized. Have you ever imagined the dream of playing with absolutely no lag in the neighborhood? :o

Someday... our dream will come true :D
Scholar
#136 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 10:38 PM
TBH, I doubt it's even possible without re-programming the core game loop. But then I'm not as awesome as the duchess, so who knows?
Top Secret Researcher
#137 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 8:17 AM
I don't know if this is related to the patch, but I swear the black ceiling glitch has gone away since I put it in. This may only be happening to my game, but I'd report it anyway..

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#138 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 9:22 AM
Hi all, I don't know if you noticed that LazyDuchess has this mod uploaded here on MTS too:
https://modthesims.info/d/658759
Maybe if you post issues/ observations and feedback there too (if you haven't already), it might help the developer to keep track of things more easily.
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 6:18 PM Last edited by Cororon : 8th Aug 2021 at 6:58 PM.
I tried to set the TPS to 1000 and didn't notice any difference. I set Debug to 1 and got the notice that the patch loads fine. The preview pics in Build/Buy spun as normal...

I quit the game and set TPS = 0 and NOW there was a difference! The preview pics rotated really fast! And patterns loaded quickly!

I quit and set TPS = 1000 and it still works, the preview pics rotated fast etc...

I quit and deleted the five cache files to check if they were of importance, and loaded the game again. Now it was back to it old slow self.

So it seems like deleting the cache files, or at least some of them, is a bad idea if you want this mod to work.
Forum Resident
#140 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cororon
So it seems like deleting the cache files, or at least some of them, is a bad idea if you want this mod to work.

Regenerating the cache files in general isn't a good idea to do constantly. You should only be doing it when running into problems or notice oddities after uninstalling something (i.e. residual stuff from a mod or something or bad cc.)

The recommendation to clear out your cache files every session is placebo at best. The game takes longer to load and load resources once in game because it's having to rebuild those links from scratch. So yeah, you shouldn't need to all the time anyway.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Lab Assistant
#141 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
Regenerating the cache files in general isn't a good idea to do constantly. You should only be doing it when running into problems or notice oddities after uninstalling something (i.e. residual stuff from a mod or something or bad cc.)

The recommendation to clear out your cache files every session is placebo at best. The game takes longer to load and load resources once in game because it's having to rebuild those links from scratch. So yeah, you shouldn't need to all the time anyway.

I know, but it became a habit since I often take breaks from my game and add or remove CC and mods.

I got this advice from LazyDuchess, and maybe that will help me.

Quote:
Try increasing the delay a bit, should make it consistent. Deleting cache files will make your game slower, as they're generated to make the game run better in the first place
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 9:44 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone

And yeah I wouldn't rule out loading/saving and things like that to be affected by TPS. For example I noticed that if you make a family with one Sim with this patch the "Processing" pop-up when the game generates the family portrait doesn't show up at all. I haven't played without it in a while now but if I recall correctly this not the case in vanilla TS3.

Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
Sadly, it can, if a game is REALLY incompetently programmed. Bethesda programmed EXACTLY this kind of idiocy into Fallout 4, where during the loading screen it only loads so much for each frame and then just waits for the next frame. And it has VSync on. It needlessly lengthens the loading screens by a LOT on modern computers, unless you use the mod that turns VSync off during loading screens. And even then it's still slower than it could be, just not as slow as Beth made it.

Thankfully, TS3 doesn't have THAT problem, but yeah, as a general principle, never say something can't be that badly programmed. Usually some idiot somewhere will promptly prove you wrong :p

seriously what the fuck. did nobody tell bethesda that these cool things called "threads" exist for this very purpose lmao.
Scholar
#144 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 3:03 PM
Good elder gods. 24 MINUTES? You, good sir, have the patience of a saint. Me, I'm more like St Olaf the Berserker :p
Mad Poster
#145 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 3:20 PM
How in the world do you end up with a save that take 24 minutes to save?

Anyway, thank you LazyDuchess for your hard work. People like you are the reason I can actually play TS3 nowadays.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Field Researcher
#146 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 3:28 PM
I feel like saving and loading has significantly improved for me, but I didn't time it. I will try again today with my big Lucky Palms save which takes 10min to load. Will report back...
Scholar
#148 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 8:28 PM
Honestly, at that point I'd consider exporting the families in the main town, starting a new game, and importing them back in. My vampires have been moving around quite a bit from town to town. Usually around the time people notice that the nice young lady was a nice young lady back when they were a toddler too. And keeps talking about how much better life was under Octavian Augustus :p
Scholar
#149 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 12:09 AM
Ahh, now those were the days!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Page 6 of 7