Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 3:54 PM
Default Cloning the "Wine Toast Set" in Sims2
I want to make my own custom party wine for the sims2. I've cloned many things before. I'm a bit confused with this object because I don't know exactly where to change the object guid. I want this item to show up in it's buy mode category.

There are 6 behaves in the behavior functions.

1. CT Deliver-Route Type
2. CT- Set Carry
3. CT- Reach Drop
4. CT-Reach Grab
5. CT- Allow With Food
6. Function- Int

I'm that I'm supposed to set my guid to "Function-Int". In the Operands, I see just F's. What does this mean when the operand is all F's. I'm also having the same problem with cloning a fridge. I'm confused over where to place the guid.
Advertisement
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 11:14 PM
It sounds to me as if you've got things a little mixed up. You change the GUID in the OBJD, not in the BHAVs (see picture).

You click "get GUID" to get a new GUID for your object; if you haven't registered for GUIDs before, you'll need to do so first. The new GUID will be filled in automatically when you click the "Register Object" button. Don't forget to update MMATs and commit.
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 3:37 PM
I know where you change the guid. I just need to assign it so that it won't overwrite the original wine toast set. I'm not sure where to do this.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 4:10 PM Last edited by NixNivis : 17th Mar 2013 at 4:21 PM.
You don't "assign" it anywhere. You give your object a new GUID like I described above. When you've done that, you go to Object Functions -> Fix Integrity, and hit OK. Save. You now have a unique object that won't overwrite the object it was cloned from. You don't change anything in the BHAVs.

(Unless, of course, you are looking to give the tray a new type of glass, but that isn't what you said you were trying to do. Is that what you're trying to do?)