Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 5:09 AM
do you see the break?
Screenshots

the :jest: made a :deal: with the :sheep: devil..
:llama: was :rofl: but then :report: said :wtf: a :Pint: :turtle: said: :jest: why did you do that for a :Pint: :jest: said :turtle: t'isnt just any :Pint: :!: this :Pint: is filled with GOLD :!:
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 5:10 AM
I agree with K2m1too's comments that the eyes, nose, and chin - maybe - need just a bit of fine tuning. Great work!
just a girl
#28 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 5:56 AM
It seems like you did great job, the face looks pretty accurate. However, something bothers me. When I look at the sim I don't get the feeling - this is Angelina Jolie - for some reason. I don't know exactly why, maybe skintone, maybe too much well-defined black lines of makeup. (The actress seems to wear more blurred eye makeup more often.) How about try on different skintone and makeup to bring a "sparkle"? I'm not insisting, just thinking, you could polish this sim a little more.

P.S. And I wouldn't worry about that break in the texture. Maybe that's because I don't have hd mod =)
Instructor
#29 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 10:43 AM Last edited by k2m1too : 1st Mar 2014 at 11:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by laracroftfan1
but as to your earlier question im going to upload her as YA. i will mention in the upload that it is a younger version of her

Then you really need to get ref pictures of her that are a similar age.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
It seems like you did great job, the face looks pretty accurate. However, something bothers me. When I look at the sim I don't get the feeling - this is Angelina Jolie - for some reason. I don't know exactly why, maybe skintone, maybe too much well-defined black lines of makeup. (The actress seems to wear more blurred eye makeup more often.) How about try on different skintone and makeup to bring a "sparkle"? I'm not insisting, just thinking, you could polish this sim a little more.

P.S. And I wouldn't worry about that break in the texture. Maybe that's because I don't have hd mod =)

OK, i'm going to switch the skin-tone, and make the eyes lighter, etc. and get back to you guys!

:llama: was :rofl: but then :report: said :wtf: a :Pint: :turtle: said: :jest: why did you do that for a :Pint: :jest: said :turtle: t'isnt just any :Pint: :!: this :Pint: is filled with GOLD :!:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 5:50 AM
Default Ok So......
switched the skintone, made the eyes more grayish blue, and tried a dif eyeshadow.. here it is
Screenshots

Instructor
#32 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 6:53 AM
It is very difficult to do a proper feedback without a comparison picture, and a well-lit, neutral shot of the face.
I personally still don't agree with the lack of nostril definition, but I suppose that's in the eye of the beholder.
I cannot quite figure out if you've sculpted her with an open mouth. If you have, I would strongly suggest to fix that, since I'm afraid she'll look weird when she emotes.
I don't really second the sharp, pointy upper lip, but I guess that might be a slider thing, and might be unavoidable to achieve the overall shape.
I think maybe the eyes should be slightly smaller (not much!), and rotated to be a bit more horizontal.
The "break" in her forehead seems to still be there - are you sure it's just because of the low brows?

The overall faceshape is great, I see a lot of good work has gone into it. Looking forward to an update
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tigerdyhr
It is very difficult to do a proper feedback without a comparison picture, and a well-lit, neutral shot of the face.
I personally still don't agree with the lack of nostril definition, but I suppose that's in the eye of the beholder.
I cannot quite figure out if you've sculpted her with an open mouth. If you have, I would strongly suggest to fix that, since I'm afraid she'll look weird when she emotes.
I don't really second the sharp, pointy upper lip, but I guess that might be a slider thing, and might be unavoidable to achieve the overall shape.
I think maybe the eyes should be slightly smaller (not much!), and rotated to be a bit more horizontal.
The "break" in her forehead seems to still be there - are you sure it's just because of the low brows?

The overall face shape is great, I see a lot of good work has gone into it. Looking forward to an update

i agree, and as for the nostril definition, i may have fixed it now, i tried a different makeup look tooand took out the point in the lip lol and sorry for the bad shot, i was overexcited.. lol,

and yes unfortunately the low brow is whats causing the texture thing, i tried to fix it but it just messed the whole thing up ..

i shrunk the eyes too and changed the skintone..

i know i cant get the exact shape of the lips but thats a slider thing..

looking forward to hearing from you!
Screenshots

just a girl
#34 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 8:27 PM
Is that lighting or the nose gone thinner again? Or is that new skintone? And the nose tip seems smaller. And the eyebrows seem closer to each other than before (and much closer than Angelina's).

As for makeup, I think, it's better to make accent on the lips, not on the eyes. But that's optional, anybody can change it in the game. The nose, on the other hand, is more important.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 11:47 PM
Unfortunately, those lines are really hard to avoid - and I tend to choose a naturally placed brow even if it causes a bit of a furrow.

It looks like you're not averse to CC or sliders - so my suggestion to help with that brow furrow involves a custom slider.

Do you have this pack?:
http://oneeuromutt.tumblr.com/post/...ack-sliders-are

The "Just Eye Height" slider changes the distance between the brows+eyes by adjusting the height of the eye only. This may or may not help, so don't save over your current version! I would try increasing Just Eye Height and then lifting Brow Height a bit higher, adjusting Eye Height (EA) accordingly to keep her eyes in the same position. This may help lessen the dent.
Instructor
#36 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 4:51 AM
It may be because the picture is not ideal, but to me it looks like her eyes have been rotated the wrong way. I might've been unclear, if that's the case I apologize. I meant that her eyes should be rotated to be more - - instead of \ /. I would still really like a well-lit neutral headshot, like the pictures in the thread I linked in post #19.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#37 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 9:27 PM
Tigerdyhr has the right of it. We really need a well lit, front facing picture, next to a comparison picture so we're not constantly flipping back and forth or scrolling to compare. Without those, it's really hard to give great feedback. The comparison you attached in your original post is, to me, the best comparison of the bunch.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Page 2 of 2