Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 5:52 PM
Default Cash Register Changing Placement
Hello everyone!
I want to make a cash register that can be placed on a dining table.
To start, I have cloned the cash register of the game, then I found the following Tutorial .
I wanted to do what the tutorial indicates, but I do not understand anything, also the reference images are old and do not help much.
Here attached a capture of the BHAV Init. Would someone be kind enough to tell me what I should change so that the cash register can be placed on the dining tables?
If it can be an explanation with image, much better.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 11:20 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 4th Sep 2019 at 5:05 PM.
The cash register has animations in counter height, so most likely the animations will look a little strange, most likely with the arms hovering in the air.

Just an idea, but the set with angled OMSPs here on MTS has one that should let you put electronic like the cash register anywhere, and I think they are even useable. That way you can test how it looks before you start messing about in the BHAVs (The yellow or possibly blue OMSP from here, combined with either a table or another OMSP)

Not sure how to edit it, though. Looks like you have to add a bhav. The tutorial isn't outdated - the menus and tool boxes look the same, but it may depend on the SimPE UI you are using. The tutorial looks to be more for those who have edited or added BHAVs before, so it isn't a beginner tutorial and doesn't explain the steps.

Not sure if it will help, but this is a beginner level BHAV tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=142907
May explain a few things.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 8:55 PM
Some objects work fine on multiple surface heights, like phones, and some don't, like phones on cc tables.

What I would try is adding an additional bhav.

1. Select the Init BHAV
2. Select line 3
3. Select Ins/true (#1)
4.Select hammer/wrench icon (#2)
5.Change value from 0x004 to 0x002(#3) This says table in SimPE even though that is not what the list says by Numenor. I can only guess something changed at some point, but low table is a different option so table should apply to dining/end.
6.Change Clear Flag to Set Flag ( just above #3 line)

Click Okay, then commit. It may or may not work.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 9:21 PM
Thank you so much Lunie!!!
I was about to publish the answer, since I did not sit idly by and I tried to understand how all this works.
As you say, something changed at some point, since the values do not match those published by Numenor.
I hope this is useful to anyone who needs it.
Maybe it would be a good idea to update some tutorials on the page.