Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 12:28 AM
Default Echo's 3x4 Rug, is it possible to put rug on surfaces?
Alright i know that this forum isnt where i should discuss about that.. but ive re colored your 3x4 rug into a whole green rug .

the thing is that i wish i could put it on a omsp or even on a magisplay.

What im planning to do its to croma keying the green screen of the rug, as the sim walks trough them and il replace the green as water. lol i dunno if ur in movie making stuff XD but if there is a way to put it on a omsp then please what should i do!

Regards -Aleex <3
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 1:32 AM
You're right, an animation tutorial thread really isn't the right area. I've moved it to "Object Creation" for TS2.

You can't put multi-tile objects in OMSPs, or on magisplays, or in the slots of any other object. It's a central limitation of the game. The best workaround I can suggest is that you make a box out of short walls (see build-mode tutorials), put the rug on the "roof" of those, then remove the walls. Not sure if it'd work for what you're after, but worth a try.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 3:56 AM
ah, that brings to mind something else echo. When you use the deck foundation, the one without walls, you can delete the posts underneath when you have the moveobjects cheat enabled. Maybe that will help?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 6:16 AM
anoyeness -- Another option is to make a 1-tile rug that is 3x4. If you made it a repository item off the 'real' 3x4 rug you could have all the recolors instantly available and be able to use it on OMSPs.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
anoyeness -- Another option is to make a 1-tile rug that is 3x4. If you made it a repository item off the 'real' 3x4 rug you could have all the recolors instantly available and be able to use it on OMSPs.

Oh really =O lol well ill try.. thanks for all of you help! =D