Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 6:22 PM
Swapping Servo Meshes
My son wants me to change the servos to be human shaped (and use some of the excellent skim skins out there for robots.) I know how to make default skins for sims, use SimPE to change the textures used, have made a few simple things like PT and Plantsim progenitor replacements, and know how to use simsurgery.

I read this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=167121 and have some ideas, but I don't know if following Aligeth's instructions will change them to use the sim meshes. Clothing is not a problem at the moment, i can use ML and Numenor's hacked coathook.

I would be willing to follow any tutorials on the subject, and figure out how to do it on my own (fiddling with the game is addicting!) but I can't find a tutorial on this. Anyone have ideas or links to point me at?

Like I said, I just need the servos to use the same meshes as the sims, and I think that tutorial above would then let me use the simsurgery to change the skins use.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 12:55 PM
Default found a tutorial
Posting Reply only because I found the answer in this thread, and want other people to find it instead of it being buried: http://www.modthesims.info/download...5#startcomments by Pumpkin_Masher

Quote:
ok Here is how I got Rosie as a servo, step-by-step.

First create your Jetsons Family but do not create a Rosie. Move them into a house.
Next, load them up, then ctrl-shift-C and type in Boolprop testingCheatsenabled true
Now hold Shift and click on George (or Jane) and look for Spawn, then in the Spawn menu find Servo. When the servo spawns initialize it as Female and name it Rosie, then save and exit to the neighborhood.

Now go back in CAS and create a Rosie sim, but do not place it, just leave it in your bin and exit the game.

Now get SimPE and install it. Now this next part will vary depending on what neighborhood you are playing but in one of your documents/ea games/sims 2/ neighborhoods folders you will find a ###_neighborhood.package file. Open the one you are playing in SimPE (in my case, Strangetown, which is N002)

Now go to Extras, Neighborhood and Sim Surgery. For patient use Rosie the Servo, and for archetype sim use the other sim you made to look like Rosie that is still in the bin. Apply this change and save the package.

Load up Sims 2 and load up the Jetsons household. Now at first it will have appeared not have worked cause Rosie will still look like a normal servo, but her icon will be the real Rosie. Just right click on her and have her change into her formal clothes, then immediately have her change to every day and tada!

For those that don't like to cheat, I am sure it would work on any existing in-game servo, no matter how you got it there. Chalk one more up to SimPE being awesome-sauce.