Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 1:52 AM
Wall speaker don't work
Hi,

I'm having some problem with my wall speaker, every time I buy my wall speaker the music won't start, if I buy the original maxis one the music goes on, but if I buy my speaker the original stops working too.
I've made some search on the package and found out that the problem is related with the object GUID. Here are 4 tests I've done:

On all of them I've cloned the Neukum wall speaker with defaults settings

1- Changed the GUID, GMDC and others(CRES, BHAV, etc), RESULT: No Music(The mesh is working)

2- Changed the GMDC only, RESULT: Working (Conflicts)

3- Changed the GUID only, RESULT: No music

4- Got the first example and changed the GUID back to the original one, RESULT: Working (Conflicts)

I want to change the GUID, to stop conflicts, but I want to get it working
Tried a search on MTS but no results about, I though the BHAV was the problem, and it could be, but i don't think so.
Also, how can I create a glass in my object, my mesh have a glass group, but how I transform it on glass?
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 4:43 AM
I've moved your thread out of the Repair Center since you didn't attach an package.

No idea if the speakers give music without a stereo on the lot or what, but if that is the case then it is a BHAV and similar I suppose to a self referencing object. Please see this reply for an idea of where to look. It is similar because it might be like the podium/stove connection for OFB.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=396565
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 3:22 PM
An_dz, your object is almost certainly getting an error. Can you start your game up in debug mode, then make a copy of the error log and post it here?

To get glass, the most effective way is to copy the TXMT of an existing object's glass subset in over the top of yours, then fix the references. There's some info on TXMT references here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...ph#TXMT_to_TXTR
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 2:39 AM
Thanks for the replies, and sorry for posting on the wrong section HugeLunatic, also your solution don't work I will have to clone all my stereos to reference my new Speaker. But it helped me on my video game project.

And Echo thx for the help about the glass effect, didn't tested yet, but that's later I need to fix the object first. Also my log is attached
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ObjectError_N004_t952755.zip (11.3 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Error log
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 3:09 AM
Hmm... Did that error happen by itself when you placed the speaker, or did you shift-click it? It looks like a shift-click log, which is some help, but the error log from when you first place the speaker would be better.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 3:42 PM
Yeah it's shift-click, cause the object by itself have no errors unless I Force it.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#7 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 8:34 AM
Then that's really odd. I would have guessed that there would be an error causing the other speakers to break... If you put your speaker in first, then one of the maxis speakers second, do they still both stop?