Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 9:56 AM
Default Help in modding Deluxe Coffee Maker
Hello, i'm working on a project but i've meet some problem that require your help

1) i need some tips on editing the hierarchy, indeed i need to change the parent tree 'cause the drawer must be connected to the carafe, so when a sim take carafe on his hand drawer will follow his parent.

2) i need also to edit the point, more in deep, the carafe handle point is too low, and i need the sim take his hand a bit more highter.

also, when he load the coffe the machine, the hand position is wrong, so i need to move it a bit more straight on the X asses.

3) last but not least, the water he can made too many cofee before he must reload the machine, i need that the sim can drink at maximum 3 or 5 coffee before he must reload the machine, i've give an eye on the bavs, but it's too complex for me.

any advise to solve this problem will be very welcome,
thnx all
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 8:57 AM Last edited by ApatiaMax : 30th Jun 2011 at 10:59 AM.
thank's to none, I've fixed about all >.<
some bugs, still exist, but actually what I wish to animate the carafe.
the made bones, so the "cap" can be opened my moving the bones, but i can't find how to play/stop animation via bhav
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 12:30 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 10:43 AM
Hello Echo, sorry for the dealy but i was taken away from RL >.<'

yes, I've follower all of your tutorials, but still crash
probably i didn't get exactly how to create, or maybe how to sort the joints

the GMCD have the carafe_rot_gmcd which is composed by two gropus "carafe" and "cap"
here is the working CRES Hierrarchie

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

what i do is, to create 2 new joint, which are child of joint1, one is the pivot (joint2) around which i rotate the cap (joint called cap_trans)

once that is made, i export the cres, and then i'll import in MS, assign the vertex to the bone, and export the object as wavefront OBJ, then i export the animation too (with Sims AniMesh ANIM Exporter.
i made one animation to open the carafe (then i'll play the same in reverse mode) 'cause i need to stop animation when the sim put the coffe insde the moka and then play
the same animation reversed to close it.

but the game crash during the loading i suppose, 'cause the CRES...

i also need to call an animation which i can't find, did you know how it is called that animation ?

'cause i need it but i can't find it :-\
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 11:02 AM
i thinnk i've founded animations, which should be called

a2o-counter-get_anim
a2o-counter-put_anim
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 11:57 AM
Crashing during loading is very, very often caused by a damaged cres. If you want to post the broken version, I can take a look at it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 2:52 PM Last edited by ApatiaMax : 6th Jul 2011 at 6:05 PM.
I really love youuuu :D

http://www.max3d.it/TS2/Max3D.rar

i've made a rar 'cause there are two object, one is the cup, and one is base object, actualy i'sn't animated, and it's bones-less 'cause i try to fix one problem per time ^_^
so , the M3D-LaMoka.package have the BHAV which create the error -.-

what i'm tring to do, is to open the counter and take the coffe bag, instad create it inside the sims'hand

BHAV --
Event - CoffeeCoffeeCoffee
0x05 [prim 0x006A] Animate Sim (animation: "a2o-counter-get" [AdultAnims:0x03 (Private)]

indeed the error is Stack number out of range
which i get also when I try to spawn a smelly emitter

i think i know where is my mistake but i lack in knowledge to fix it
the animation is a2o while is the object to animate the sim, so i think the game is looking for an IK which the object didn't have