Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 10:33 PM
Default Amy Pond
I need some help tweaking her face:

Check out my other downloads at my blog!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 10:45 PM
Good start! I think the chin should be a bit wider. Try moving the bottom eyelid apex toward the nose to make the bottom eyelid more "rounded" and smooth. If you can, put a little arch in the eyebrows at the outer edge of the eye - turn the outer tip down?
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 11:17 PM Last edited by Twi : 8th Sep 2013 at 11:36 PM.

Zombie Socks
#4 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 11:50 PM
I'd say move the bottom corners up a bit more. They're making her eyes look a bit like rectangles. Also, when facing her from side-on view with her nose to the right, I think it would help if her eyes were moved more to the right.
Lookin good so far Twi!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Instructor
#5 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 12:40 AM
I think what may be making her eyes appear rectangular is the eyeliner she's wearing. Try removing it and see what her eyes look like without it. Now that her hair is out of the way, I think you need to soften/round her jaw a little bit. Her face should be very oval. And the outer corner of her eyes may still be a bit too high.
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 1:15 AM
She's not actually wearing any makeup... for some reason, there is an odd shadow under her eyes and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. If anyone knows what's going on with the funky shadow and knows how to get rid of it, that would be great.

Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 2:54 AM

Scholar
#8 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 5:06 AM
Getter better! Good work! Try moving the outer corners of the eyes down a bit to make the eyes more level; raise the cheekbones, if you can. A side view would help, but the nose looks "flat" compared to the model. Maybe fill the nose tip / increase the nose tip mass a little. Turn the ears out just a little. If you can decrease the definition - "V" - in the upper lip, it would help. Otherwise, the facial sculpt looks pretty close. The lower eyelid apex still looks a bit off to me. Perhaps move it toward the nose. But, leveling the eyes may fix them. I still see "squareness" and a gap at the outer eye corner. I'm not sure what to suggest to fix that. Hopefully, others will have some ideas.
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 4:22 AM

Instructor
#10 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 5:57 AM
I'm not that good with sculpting tips, but rotate the brows a bit, and make the upper lip a tad fuller.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 11:08 AM
For the outer eye corner - it looks like she is wearing Escand's sclera make-up (under Costume Make-up) over OhMyEyes/Tiffany eyes. You seem to be using aWTs Eyeball Sliders, and this make-up is basically incompatible with it - it gets flipped. So ditch that, and it should help!
Scholar
#12 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 10:06 PM
I agree that the upper lip could be a little fuller/taller up and down. I think the nose may need to be just a tiny bit narrower above the nostrils. The nasal bridge looks good. Or, maybe just decrease the nose definition some. Other than that, the only thing I see is that the sim's chin might need to be a very small amount shorter and wider. You're very close - great work!
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Sep 2013 at 8:17 PM
Anyone know how to smooth out her cheeks? I got rid of Escand's eyemask and it helped a bit, but it still looks like she is wearing eyeshadow.

Instructor
#14 Old 15th Sep 2013 at 9:07 PM
The area you have circled is probably her jaw in the sliders. "Jaw shape". Maybe also "Cheek Jowls". As for her "eyeliner" that isn't eyeliner, it looks like you have given her very long eyelashes. Have you tried reducing them?
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 2:06 AM

Test Subject
#16 Old 18th Sep 2013 at 10:55 AM
Very nice! I think the shape of the top lip needs altering just a tad so that the peaks go a tiny bit higher
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 10:23 PM Last edited by Twi : 17th Nov 2013 at 11:41 PM.
So I'm trying to finish her up. Any thoughts?

Scholar
#18 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 1:04 AM
I think she looks great! The hair may need to be a little less orange/red and be more strawberry blonde/red, but that's a minor detail. Good job!
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 3:43 AM
hmm, I think it's her eyebrows that are off, but I'm not sure I'm making them any better...

Instructor
#20 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 10:34 PM
I can't remember... Is this sim CC-free? My thought with the eyebrows is that yours are more-or-less straightish, but the RL person's go straight for a bit, then bend at the ends. So I don't think you are gong to get the same look with those eyebrows. You need ones that have that bend end them already. If that makes sense at all... Did you change them for some reason? Your earlier pictures have the arch in them...??
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 1:12 AM
Yeah, I was trying to find new ones because the ones that I was using seemed a bit too long to me and I couldn't get the arch in the right place, but you're totally right, theses don't work at all.

Scholar
#22 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 3:48 AM
The eyebrows in post # 17 are much closer. I think they would work even if you can't move the "arch" a bit closer to the center. Great work!
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 9:48 PM
Any better?

Scholar
#24 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 2:13 AM
Eyebrows look good to me! It looks like the bottom eyelid dips down just a little too much toward the outer edge and the nostrils raised just a bit, if possible. Maybe make the chin just a tiny bit wider. Great work!
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: old - will re-open if requested