Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 2:37 PM
Default Luke Worrall Sims
Hi ! I want to upload this sims in a few but as for now it is still in creation.
Here is a picture of Luke : https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd....fe11a3a7c5369f1

as for now I did this :

I also have found the hat, tought it is not fitting as for now, but i found the slider, so I'll edit the hat tonight.

Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 2:49 PM
In order for us to give you the best feedback on your sim's likeness, we need to see him close up at about the same angle as your reference picture. It's also helpful if you can collage them side-by-side (makes it easier to compare than scrolling back-and-forth).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 11:48 PM
There you go !

Scholar
#4 Old 12th Dec 2013 at 2:49 AM
Good start! The chin looks a bit wide/square, the eyes may need to be smaller in scale and the outer/inner corners more closed / "squintier". Also, turn the ears out more and make them bigger if possible. Looking forward to an update!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Dec 2013 at 11:38 AM
here it is then. I think i got the chin right, not so sure about the ear tought and the eye

And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#6 Old 12th Dec 2013 at 12:16 PM
Chin looks a lot better, and the jawline is great. As for the eyes, I would use the lower Apex Slider to "smooth" it out a bit, and slightly lower the top eyelid, thought the width looks good to me. The Nose is a good width, but I would try the nostral sliders to make them slightly larger and to "tilt" them so they are more prominant. Lower the eyebrows a smidge, and maybe play with their curve live to flatten the a bit, since your comparision shot shows him to have rather straight brows. Ear size looks good, but I notice he has some stretched lobes. There's a good slider for that here, if you are interested.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Dec 2013 at 2:19 PM
Ok i'm gonna try that tonight, thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 1:51 AM

I'll explain before commenting...I was about to save my sims after long work on it but i got it got delete...so I did what I could to do it again.
I work on the hat specialy tonight and on the ear lobe. Also I try match everything that ButchSlim said so here it is...
But now that I have the hat slider working I found out that this hat doesn't even match with Luke at all...I don't know what to do...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 3:11 PM
Is there someone to judge my sims ?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#10 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 3:45 PM
Take the hat off. Don't worry about the hat. Is this guy his hat, or is he his face?

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=432920 <-- There's some info there on how to compare a photo to your sim to get a good idea of whether or not they're a good likeness, and how to tweak them from there. You'll need to get your pictures of your sim a little closer and from a bit lower angle to compare properly (so the sim's face is the same size and at the same angle as your comparison pic). The overall face shape looks like it's sorta getting there, but not quite yet - the other features, I'm afraid I don't see much resemblance yet except in the outfit. At the moment he looks a bit more like someone cosplaying as that guy, than that guy himself. A paler, finer skin would work well on him - maybe one of teru_k/Ephemera's? They go quite pale and are very pretty/shiny - should help make your sim look more like... idk how old that guy is, 17? Where now your sim looks more like 30-35.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 5:40 PM
Really ? Then why everyone tought that it was good looking =S
retired moderator
#12 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 6:00 PM
I didn't say (or mean) he was bad looking. Just that he doesn't look very accurate to the face of the guy you're working on yet, except in the whole face, and that the sculpt need more work, and gave you info on how you can compare your sim's face sculpt in a more accurate way to the real guy. It's a little hard to tell exactly what's off because the faces are different sizes in your pics and at different angles - it tends to fool the eye and make it harder to see what still needs tweaking. The methods explained on that tutorial are ones I've found very valuable to use myself when making sims, so I think they're worth giving a try and would help with your guy.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 6:32 PM
Oh I was not mad or anything I was just suprised because it was a completely opposite review =)
Altought I will apply those tips you gave to me tonight when i get home
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 2:45 AM
ok so here it is...I hope it is better :
Instructor
#15 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 6:19 AM
Way better
You can fiddle with the nose height, to make the clipping go away.
The thing that pops out the most, to me, is that his eyes need to be a different shape, and probably smaller. I think you might want to get some smaller eyes (iris-wise).
I think his jaw is okay, but the chin needs work. It should be wider, and raised.
I think the lower lip should be wider, and the upper lip thicker. Not much, mind you.
Can you do an ingame shot please? Sims can look very different from CAS to ingame.
I love that skin on him. Good start
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 11:42 AM
I know that I should do ingame shoot, but in game it's really difficult to manipulate the camera to have the same angle as the left picture
I think i might need to change the ear since the top are pointy on my sim wich shouldn't be the case.
retired moderator
#17 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 12:18 PM
Try doing shift-a and shift-d after you've hit Tab as it changes the camera angle. Shift-s to reset it. Also make sure you grab a no-drift camera mod - I have one and there's also one by Aikea Guinea which does a similar thing. Definitely much better with that skin.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 12:39 PM
Ok i'll try to do that after school but here it is for now I change the eye, ear, mouth and the chin. I dont know what fiddle mean so I didn't do the nose

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 1:22 PM
So ? What do you think ? I can't update it if no one review it
retired moderator
#20 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 1:26 PM
It's very hard to tell ya what to change from CAS pictures, because sims in CAS make faces - they squint their eyes and their mouths and noses have different positioning. There's not really much I can say besides the nose shape being pretty good. The ears seem a little large to me and the shape of the jawline is a little bit too pronounced. But trying to sculpt from CAS pictures is like trying to do it blind, almost - you don't get an accurate idea of how the sim will look in-game, so... can't really tell you much else without good in-game pics.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 1:29 PM
Ok then I'll do it when i get home after school
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 11:14 PM
I see what you meant now...so here what it look like now :
Scholar
#23 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 2:14 AM
Good work! Mouth should move down a little to make more space between mouth and nose. After that, you may need to shorten the chin a bit. Bottom lip needs to be wider side to side and the eyes closer together.
Instructor
#24 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 5:40 AM
Sorry, "fiddle with" just means "mess with". Specifically I mean you should nudge the nose height slider, until there is no more clipping under his nose. I'm not so sure you should move the mouth, I think the shadow and clipping is making it hard to see, if the distance is correct.
Much better eyes! Again, I'm agreeing with Simmy. And I think you might want to push the eye depth a bit inwards. Not much, just a tiny little nudge.
I get that you're trying to make it look like the picture, but I personally think it might be a mistake to sculpt him with his mouth open like that.
I think the chin should be wider still.
Great improvements
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 12:35 PM
Here is the picture :

The only thing i want to say is that i cant't push the eye dept inward because the slider is already at the maximum left it is also the case the wider of the bottom lips wich i agree need to be wider.
Page 1 of 3