Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 11:58 PM
Default Dean Winchester/Sam Winchester - Supernatural
Let me be clear on something; when I say Supernatural, I mean the TV show, not the EP. Lol.

So I've decided to create sims of Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles) and Sam Winchester (Jared Padalecki) from Supernatural after I realized (GASP!) no one had done so already!

I'm starting with Dean... (*rolls eyes* it obviously has nothing to do with my massive crush on Jensen Ackles... )

I know this is a pretty rough start, but you gotta start somewhere.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 12:54 AM
Update; Separate post to avoid confusion of which is the latest version.
Screenshots
Instructor
#3 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 1:15 AM
Please carry down your reference picture with each new post and it is helpful if you can collage them together as I've done below. It makes it *much* easier to compare that way.

Not a bad start, but here are a few things off the top:

- move the upper eye apex towards the center, about in line with the inner edge of his iris.
- less definition on the nostrils. (go to the left with the slider)
- more definition on the mouth.
- move the lower lip shape slider to the... mmmm.... left I think. "Less pouty" (look at it from the side and you'll see what it does better than I can descriibe).
- lower the jaw just a bit
- rotate the eyebrows a tiny bit so the inner corner drops down a bit more
- go a bit more towards yellow on the eyes, (move "olive" less "forest" green)
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 1:43 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I fiddled around some and this is the update. He's looking a bit maxis to me... I've always had major problems with male sims. Hopefully I can gain some expertise with this project!
Screenshots
Scholar
#5 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 2:12 AM
Good start! I'd say the face might need to be narrower, raise the cheekbones, decrease the nostril width and/or nose tip mass. Also, the shape of the bottom lid needs to have the apex (lowest point) more at the outer edge of the iris -- sort of a ~ shape. Turn the ears out more and, maybe, add more sandy blonde/red to the hair. Looking forward to an update!
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 3:12 AM
Any better?

Screenshots
Inconceivable!
#7 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 10:45 AM
Tigerdyhr, yes, you are correct. MistyBlue took them down because she wanted to do some more work on them. They are still available on her tumblr though, here.

Piggypeach, I definitely see an improvement in that last post! Here are some suggestions:

• Are you opposed to using any CC sliders on him? Because, if not, I think you should try adding in the head shape slider by jonha. His whole head looks a bit too short right now, especially in the jaw area, and I think that slider could improve it quite a lot. I can find a link for you if you need one, but it's available here on MTS.
  • Also on his jaw, I think you should increase (pull the slider to the right) his jaw shape slightly and increase his jaw width. It seems a little too strong/defined on your sim right now, and by tweaking both of those I'm hoping you can soften it some while still keeping it at the proper width.
  • I think his chin could come down a tiny little bit, and I'd widen it some, if you have a chin width slider installed. If not, maybe bump up the scale just a teeny bit.
  • It seems that his whole face is a little too high right now. I don't know if this is a reasonable suggestion or if it'd throw off everything else you've got going, but maybe lower his face height a tad?
  • For his lips, they're looking kind of flat to me at the moment. I always have trouble with that area myself, but perhaps you could tweak the mouth corners depth and mouth depth sliders? I don't have my game open right now and I can't remember which way to tell you to move them, but I'd suggest playing around with it some to make them look more full. Oh! And/or try the underlip depth slider in the chin section. That can help with the problem too I believe.
  • He's too pouty/frowny right now. I think the mouth corner rotate is pretty close, but try bringing down his mouth curve slider some more.
  • His nose is rotated up too high, and I think his nostril definition could be increased a tiny, tiny bit.
  • His eyes are looking pretty good, but I'd recommend raising his lower eyelid height somewhat and lowering his inner eye corner height.

That's all I've got for now! Keep up the good work. You're getting closer!
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 9:47 PM Last edited by piggypeach : 17th Dec 2013 at 10:18 PM.
Thanks for the suggestions Buckley, I'll get right on that. For the time being, I'm not 100% satisfied with his skin and his hair, and I'm in need of a lipstick that that gives his lips some realistic texture so if anyone has any ideas off the top of their head, I'm all ears.

Edit: Here is the update:

Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 11:23 PM
Another update... I got some new sliders, including lip fattness, cleft chin, and forehead crease. Also messed around with lighting and changed his expression... I think I was taking pictures of him with the wrong expression this whole time! I had him looping the "CAS_male_average" animation and it looked pretty neutral to me but i stopped that and he looks SO different and the quality has increased so I'm guessing I've been doing that wrong.

Screenshots
Scholar
#10 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 2:59 AM
I think the eyes looked closer in the previous update. However, the lips look closer in the latest update. If you can, make the lips more "pouty" / forward and perhaps a bit taller up and down. Chin a touch wider. Actually, I think the nose might need to be narrower at the nasal bridge or the nasal bridge move up. There's a bit too much space between nose and lips meaning you might want to move mouth up and readjust chin length. Love the cleft chin! Increase the nasolabial crease, if you can. Hair still looks a little dark to me. Good work!
Instructor
#11 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 6:15 AM
Firstly, I agree with Simmy.
I think his nose (and especially nostrils) should be a tad wider. Can we see a profile picture? I worry if his nose is too pointy, but it's hard to tell from straight on.
I like the shape of the mouth, but I think the mouth width slider could do with a nudge (wider, just a nudge).
Is that EA skin?
Looking forward to updates - can't wait to have a Dean sim
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 6:47 AM
Thanks for the tips! He's currently wearing ultra plain skin, it's a default replacement that I downloaded by someone here but I'm just forgetting who right now it really is very similar to EA... Anyway, I think I may have done more harm than good in my last update so I've got my work cut out for me... I'll return in a bit once I get stuck again and I'll be sure to include a profile comparison.
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: old - will re-open if requested