Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 3:44 PM
Default Aaron Taylor-Johnson
Hi all!

I've never really tried my hand at creating celebrity look-a-like sims before, but decided to give it a try at last, so here's my first attempt... I would be very grateful for any advice! From what I can see, something seems to be off very badly with his eyes and maybe his nose, but right now I'm not sure how to improve his looks.

Thank you!!

Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 4:16 PM
Did you happen to capture you sim mid-smile, or did you sculpt his face with a perma-smile? Try getting a picture of your sim with a neutral/non-smiling face (have them walk forward and pause immediately as they start). If you have sculpted him with a perma-smile, you should make it more neutral. You wouldn't want his face frozen in a smile when he's angry or sad, would you?

As for the facial sculpt - good start but needs some tuning. Eyes are too large in scale, and appear to be too deep-set from the side. Eye color should be more grey-blue and less turquoise. From the side, it would say to increase the "lower lip shape" slider (it rolls the lip own a bit). Also, reduce the width of the lower and upper lips. Not the mouth, just the lips. Reduce the scale of his nose a bit.

I'm not sure if you are using/plan to use CC/custom sliders at all? (It's okay if you don't)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 4:31 PM
I'm not exactly sure, to be honest - I did lift the corners of his mouth a little, but in CAS it didn't quite look like this, so I think this dummy just won't stop smiling... anyway, I'd try both taking a more neutral picture and altering his mouth, then!

Oh, thank you very much for the advice! I was really unsure about the eyes - he just seems to be narrowing them on all the pictures, and I was afraid to make them seem too small...
By the way, if I could ask, do his cheekbones look alright?

Yep, I'm using sliders from OneEuroMutt - though I have a few others installed as well and I'm not sure if I tweaked them, too...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 9:06 PM
I've modified his eyes and lips, and now I'm afraid that his eyes became too narrow, or maybe that's just me...

Scholar
#5 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 4:14 AM
Good start! Actually, I think the eyes could be even a bit smaller and closer together. Widen the nose at the nostrils and shorten it a little. Then, move the mouth up to make the chin longer.