Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 3:33 PM
Default Modifying behaviour from 'View' to 'Dance'
I was wondering how I would go about modifying the bahaviour of an object. If I wanted to change the text of a decorative object from 'View' to 'Dance', and then have the Sim dance when it's clicked, how would I go about this? I'm new to modding but have used SimPE for creating meshes, and have dabbled with the behaviours, but not much.

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:15 PM
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:12 PM
Thanks for that link. However, it appears to have been created using a different version of SimPE and some of the images of SimPE in the tutorial completely different to what I have, making it hard to follow

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:20 PM
Well, it is an old tutorial so it was made with a way earlier version of SimPE. And yeah, that can be confusing. What parts are you having trouble following?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 9:06 PM
I'm actually struggling through, once I figured out how to find everything. It's quite hard, but I'm going to keep trying. Thanks again for the link.

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:56 PM
You're welcome. If you need any help, be sure to ask!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 5:57 PM
This is much harder than I thought, I just can't figure out how to modify the 'View' text and change it to 'Dance' so my Sims will dance near the object. And I thought meshing was hard! lol