Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 3:32 PM
Default How do you recommend doing an anime face sculpt?
I'm new to making Sims creations and I need a bit of help. How do you prefer or recommend anime face sculpts to look? Do you try to make them round or make the eyes big or do you just try to give them a realistic face? If you do give them a realistic face, then how do you go about that? How can you make the character's face recognizable?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 9:34 PM
Hi, welcome.
When making character-based sims I recommend starting with a base that has the general look of the character and go from there. Start tweaking and shaping it using images that give a clear view of the face from different angles. Try to use images where the character has a "neutral" expression as smiles or grimaces can distort the actual features.

As for the eyes, it all depends on you too. Do you want to recreate the actual look of the anime character, or do you want a more "humanized" version?

Let us see what you have so far

PS: make sure that the base-sim is one you pull from CAS and not someone else's as that is a big no-no.
Instructor
#3 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 10:25 PM
I have to agree with DOLCE_VIDA, it's really up to you how you would like them to look. I've seen them done both ways.

I'm not going to lie, doing human-esque versions of cartoon/anime characters can be challenging (I speak from personal experience!) Sometimes it helps to have reference photos of real people that have traits similar to the character. Like, find pictures of celebs that you think would be good for the character's part in live-action movie version.