Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 9:45 AM
Default Is there a way to tell if a skin is default or non default?
So this question is not necessarily a question about creating, but I was wondering if there was a way to tell if a downloaded skin is default or non default. I've got some skins that I downloaded eons ago, and I can't remember if they are default or not. Is there a way to tell? I'm familiar with S3PE, and I tried to look at the files with it, but not having ever created skins for Sims 3, I didn't know what to look for. And tracking down the original creators sometimes led to nothing. Seems a lot of Sims 3 creators have retired now that Sims 4 is out. Even when I did track down the creators, they didn't always bother to list whether the skin was default or not. Thus my need to figure this out in an alternate way.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 4:22 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 19th Feb 2015 at 10:36 AM.
One way of finding it out is to use them on a sim and then take the files out. If your sims skins turns black you know I don't remember what version turns black at the top of my mind, I wonder if it may be the non-default. I did mess up that on my world lol.

edit: silly mixup mistakes
Instructor
#3 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 9:12 PM
You can use Skininator and open the file. There will be a series of radio buttons at the top that should indicate what type it is.

Alternately, open it up with s3pe and see what type of resources are contained in the file. If they are all _IMG then it is a default replacement. But if there are TONE (and possibly IMAG) resources, then it is non-default.
Screenshots