Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 9:12 AM
Default Add overhead money amount + sound to purchase
So I more or less managed to create an item from this thread; it has one interaction - using it takes $100 from the active household's funds, and increases the painting's sellback price by $100 in return. But I'd like to know how to add the cash register sound and floating ui effect of "-$100" above the sim's head, and I couldn't figure out which expression it is, and which settings for it work.

(The package currently doesn't have a guard for when there's less than $100 in family funds.)
Screenshots
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 1:54 AM
You would be better off using the global 0x0294 Budget - Make Transaction .

Quote:
This is, in effect, a more convenient, easy to use form of the Alter Budget primitive. It is also more effective, as it will alter the budget, make the kaching sound, and have the amount of money that is added or subtracted shown about the Sim's head. It also will properly affect a Sim's memories (IE the amount of money they've made so far in their life) which would be a pain to do if you had to do that manually every time you wanted to subtract an amount of money. So Maxis made the smart move of wrapping it all up into a nifty Global function.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
You would be better off using the global 0x0294 Budget - Make Transaction .

It worked perfectly! Thank you!
Screenshots